"Corona Virus" What did you do today?

• I've never had a strong grasp of chemistry. Perhaps Doc&Ruby could help. Yesterday was the 14th day in a row that I attempted to make hand sanitizer and it came out as a rum and coke. I'm not ready to give up just yet!:S

If Lysol and Clorox work from the inside, I don't see why rum wouldn't.

I ran out of rum and Black Velvet, so I'm now working on my supply of Rock and Rye. That stuff is REALLY good!

• I am already into my third tank of gas for this week. I have not been keeping up with the mileage lately and I just looked, before the week is over there will be 95,000 miles on Sling I. So that means before the summer is over there should be around 110,000 miles on it if we can get out of town with this Cornia Virus

• I am already into my third tank of gas for this week. I have not been keeping up with the mileage lately and I just looked, before the week is over there will be 95,000 miles on Sling I. So that means before the summer is over there should be around 110,000 miles on it if we can get out of town with this Cornia Virus

I'm a little over 90,000 would like to get over 100,000 by end of the year.

• I've never had a strong grasp of chemistry. Perhaps Doc&Ruby could help. Yesterday was the 14th day in a row that I attempted to make hand sanitizer and it came out as a rum and coke. I'm not ready to give up just yet!:S

You have to use only the best alcohol...

I found this in the local grocery, its 160 proof!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Maintenance day today...

Cleaned & relubed the drive belt...

Then I did the same for the K&N air filter.

That bad boy was filthy! Going to start cleaning it every oil change. 5000 miles was too many!

Had to use 2 rounds of degreaser to get it clean.

Sure runs nice & quiet now though!

• Doc, what do you use to clean and lube the belt

Dawn dish soap in hot water and a nylon kitchen brush. I take the gard off, scrub about a foot of belt, rinse, then roll the sling forward a foot or so & repeat until its all clean.

I had brown suds for awhile, just kept scrubbing & rinsing until clean. I suspect even "dry" lube collects dust & junk after awhile.

I let everything dry in the sun for an hour before relubing with Liquid Wrench silicone spray. I hit the toothed wheel that grabs the belt, too. (I used that drying time to clean the air filter.)

After cleaning & lubing, the belt squeal was pretty much gone!

• Well... depending on who you ask as far as time frames my two week quarantine was up yesterday per the doctor that gave the positive result. So I'm back here at the doctor's office right now to retest and see if I can get a negative result and officially be on the recovered list so my kids can come back home. We'll see how it goes. Waiting now to get the toilet brush shoved up my nose again...:whistling:

• Well... depending on who you ask as far as time frames my two week quarantine was up yesterday per the doctor that gave the positive result. So I'm back here at the doctor's office right now to retest and see if I can get a negative result and officially be on the recovered list so my kids can come back home. We'll see how it goes. Waiting now to get the toilet brush shoved up my nose again...:whistling:

Hey conspiracy theory this may work LOL :00008172::00008172::00008356::00008356:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

I had this test back in March, it's pretty horrible!

Hope you are okay!

• Today started out good. Mowed a good share of the pasture. Then it happened. I got too close to a little creek, sunk the tractor up to the axles, and found a way to get a stump wedged between the mower deck and rear tire. This one's going to require several shots of bourbon and maybe a joint to come up with a plan.

The bucket is half full of water

• Today started out good. Mowed a good share of the pasture. Then it happened. I got too close to a little creek, sunk the tractor up to the axles, and found a way to get a stump wedged between the mower deck and rear tire. This one's going to require several shots of bourbon and maybe a joint to come up with a plan.

The bucket is half full of water

I feel your pain.... Been there done that, not good memories :rolleyes:

• Yup been there, the worst was an excavator I just needed another foot of reach into the pond to clean out the rest of the phragmites and then the mud grabbed ahold of me and I couldn't get out no how on my own power ;(. Guy up the road had his excavator already on a float and came to save the day but also brought all the neighbors with him so they all had a good chuckle and drank all my beer. ||

• It's alive! I put a few pallets under the bucket and was able to lift the front tires high enough to yard the thing around 90 begrees and pull it out with my pickup.

The crappy part is now I have to redirect the stream again. I was still 5 feet away but the ground is pea soup around it. . At least the bourbon is kicking in nicely :)