"Corona Virus" What did you do today?

• TheWickedReaper
    Mine is some weird composite name which escapes me right now and I am too lazy to google it.

If you are going salt water don't half ass it, make sure all your plumbing is done with salt water in mind, go for a sand filter which is better and requires no upkeep other than new sand every few years(50 bucks/5yrs?)and a backflush(flip of a switch for 1 min....) once a month vrs a ~$20 cartridge every couple of weeks or so depending on use.

I have a chlorinator from hayward that generates chlorine and balance pH, very good has an app that alerts me if/when I need to add anything which saves me from having to test the pool weekly with those darn chem kits that to me are very annoying.

As far as chemicals after the initial setup in the beginning of summer then only thing we add to it is that powder to prevent chlorine evaporation with the sun once a month, IF we get a ton of rain then we need to add stuff to balance it but that would be the same for any pool that gets rain water.

Currently my pool cost me less than $80 in chemicals for the season, one thing to know about salt water pools is that they attract(and kill) bugs so a good automatic floor vacuum is a must.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Now this data may be old, but take precautions as you go about... I agree, ya can't stop living, but don't be reckless.

Most do recover, but like Neosolidus has mentioned, when it hits close to home, mindsets change.

MiM I agree and thank you for the good thoughts and concerns. Appreciated. And yes, when anything in life becomes personal and local reality happens. Not foolish here but risk / reward is we believe very much in our favor. As a nation and as of today we are 25k deaths short of the 2018 influenza season. Few remember this.

I/we hope we don’t have to eat our words but living under a rock has never been our style. All accepted protocols will be followed - but while on the road not on the couch. When we booked our hotel there were only two rooms left for next weekend. We are not alone on this.

Our belief is another month of lockdown and the cure will kill this nation. We need to be smart but open now. We will stop and support every “mon & pop” small business we can along the way. Because I am that as well.

😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited 2 times, last by SoCal ().

• Those are the coolest bird houses EVER! I'd love to take up your hobby but first I'd have to buy a bucket of talent sprinkled with skillz. Nice work sir - you're obviously catering to the upper class aviary occupant.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• There is a question that only history will be able to answer:

Does the death rate we have experienced so far with Covid-19 truly representative of the virus?

we have had a lock down in effect that we are all very tired of, but I have to wonder what the impact of the lock downs has been on the numbers - In just looking at it there seem to be to extreme possibilities with the actual answer probably falling some place in the middle.

two answers

A. The virus is no worse than the flu we have horribly over reacted and the lockdown was a waste of time that probably made little or no difference..

B. The virus is very much worse than the flu but the lock down has reduced the impact tenfold or more and saved countless lives.

Like I said I suspect the answer lies somewhere in between. At this point the only real way to find the answer is to test it. We cant just sit and wait our economy would never survive and we would also never really get the answer.

I just hope that in our testing it doesn't go as badly as it did with the Spanish Flu - - Back then they thought the quarantines were no longer needed and several cities lifted the social distancing restrictions and saw huge spikes to the death rate that were much higher that what had been seen before - here is the graph of St Louis and what happened there when social distancing restrictions were lifted

St._Louis_social_distancing.png

Right now in the graphs I have seen we are not even to the low point they hit in mid to late November its slowed down, but its has not gone down yet like it had there - if we stop socially distancing will we see a spike like they had in December? And if we do will it put us back on a bigger and longer lockdown like they had to do?

Unfortunately we will never know if this will repeat until it is tested

Back then these huge spikes seem to have been limited to the cities that came off their social distancing too soon, other cities that waited did not see these spikes

So anyway we have to decide for ourselves what side of A or B we think this thing falls on and then do what we feel is right - - I just hope the people who decide to test the waters first have enough respect for those who choose try to stay safe to respect their rights and give them their space

taking risks is something we all have the right to do, but in my Libertarian views I believe our rights, be they constitutional rights, human rights, or just common sense rights, should never be allowed to interfere with the rights of any other person.

Our Rights are very important and need to be guarded and protected, but they can NEVER come at the expense of another persons rights - - JMO

Anyway - have fun, do whatever you must and most importantly stay safe - - as Spock would say;

"Live Long and Prosper"

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I bought momma goose a new set of wheels and she couldn't wait to go for a spin as soon as I unloaded it from the trailer.

I tried that last year and it lasted about 3 weeks then it was me out there going back and forth. On the bright side it's about an hour quicker than my tractor :)

• Like the Orange (used to work for Kubota). Tell her to get that ROPS upright!

it's husqvarna orange. The rops is good except for under the trees. She enjoys cutting the yard. We have roughly 3 acres of grass so this one will move. It's a 52" commercial mower and will do 10 mph. Got a great deal on it as it's a 2018 left over. The dealer blew it out 3grand cheaper than anywhere else but he was 4 hrs away so it was a road trip to get it.

• It was a wrench day with the Captain!

First thing this morning we found that the Jaguar was dead as a door nail. (Ahem... someone left the lights on...) Captain wanted to jump it herself, with a Jag, this isn't as easy as it sounds. The battery is hidden away (we still don't know where). Auxiliary charging terminals are in two separate compartments in the boot (Brits don't say "trunk")

With that done, UPS van rolls up with tractor 🚜 parts. "Wanna help?"

"Sure!" She says.

"Don't take my picture!"

Explained that we have to... no one will believe me otherwise.

"Fine. Just pass me that ratchet!"

We replaced the drive-over ramps on the quick-connect mower deck. The new ones allow you to lift the deck just as you would the front bucket. Wonderful for maintenance!

With the deck up, we were able to scrape out a 3-inch coating of dead grass and get the blades changed. The Ranch is atop Round Mountain, no more than 3 inches of soil anywhere and rocks poking out all over the place. This joint beats the heck out of mower blades!

Once that was done, we took advantage of having the deck off to adjust the hydraulic lift for the deck. Everything much improved, but then it started raining 🌧 so no chance to test out the mower & new blades.

All in all, a fun day with my new wrenching partner! ^^

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Did you get the Jaguar started?

• Did you get the Jaguar started?

Yeah. Just a dead battery from lights being left on.

Interesting, positive terminal is in a special compartment off the trunk. Negative terminal is next to the spare.

Couldn't find the battery at all. Gotta be in an interesting position 🤔.

Shoe horning that 5 liter supercharged V8 into that little car had to take some doing!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• So, my Keurig has been brewing slower and slower. Ran a bunch of vinegar through it to see if it was hard water deposits - no luck. Went on Google and found that I needed a very specific tool to be able to work on it. Luckily, I did find one that would work And got the Keurig running again! Ran lots more vinegar through it and "stuff" kept coming out so I'm sure glad that I at least did that.

Not my video, but you can see the very specialized tool here and what I had to do to repair it.

• So, my Keurig has been brewing slower and slower. Ran a bunch of vinegar through it to see if it was hard water deposits - no luck. Went on Google and found that I needed a very specific tool to be able to work on it. Luckily, I did find one that would work And got the Keurig running again! Ran lots more vinegar through it and "stuff" kept coming out so I'm sure glad that I at least did that.

Not my video, but you can see the very specialized tool here and what I had to do to repair it.

some years back we installed a whole house RainSoft water softener and filter - havent had calcium issues ever since - even our 1979 dishwasher that is original with the house slowly cleared up, before the RainSoft we thought the dishwasher was on its last legs - water always sitting in the bottom that never drained all the way out - - not it works perfect - - and the Keurig and other coffee makers we have owned have never needed the vinegar treatment

For us the RainSoft had been well worth the overpriced price we paid for it - - Palm Springs water is really very good tastes great, but it is also very hard

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies