"Corona Virus" What did you do today?

• I mean this crap sure doesn't stop my work from getting done. (Thank God) 75 stumps ground over the weekend.

This is how a lazy man gets mulch done.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Today I have been dealing with bureaucracy , Yesterday i took my sling for a ride(supply run) and i got a ticket for expired tabs, here is the kicker DVS(Department of Vehicle Services) has been closed since Mar 17 so i couldn't renew my tabs but it says on the DVS website that people would not get a ticket for expired tabs due to the fact that the DVS is closed to the public.

Well my officer said that the slingshot is a recreational vehicle and does not qualify for that exemption(there were no qualifiers issued with the exemption but that is an argument for a judge) so I can't use it until I renew my tabs which as of now DVS won't be open until after may 13(Gov shut down current end date).

They have an online renewal but it only works for a limited amount of vehicles and when I tried for the sling it said that I have to do renewal for this vehicle in person, I called city hall(they do everything there since it is a small town) to see If I could do it over the phone/mail but to do so I need the forms that they usually mail you but I have never received and have filed a formal complaint and its on record and the lady over the phone knows about it since she herself filed my complaint yet she says there is nothing she can do because to do it without the form I need to do it in person..... which I can't until may 13(at the earliest).

So for the foreseeable future my slingshot is being held hostage, my ducati is non functional since it needs the desmo service and the ECU puts it on LIMP mode until it is done, my 911 has a cracked header and my DD Bimmer has a destroyed wheel courtesy of our MN potholes leaving me without a way to go release stress (GF new Tank of an SUV just doesn't do the job). :00000003:

PS. First world problems I know but problems none the least.:00007983:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Wow, that blows, guess the officer just had a power trip and wanted to cite you. Did he impound it. or you just don't want to ride it again due to the expiration?

I don't want to ride it because I rather not put myself in the position of losing my cool due to some douchy cop,he is regularly parked in the parkway that I HAVE to use to leave my house.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• That Sucks - Our DMV closed their offices and canceled appointments but online services are still up and running - in fact I just recently did my Slingshot online and received my new tags this last Monday

As a side note my DL is up for renewal in June - got the notice before all of this and did it all online, but because its my first "real ID" I am required to go in with my passport and to have a picture taken - have an appointment for mid May, but don't have a clue if they will be open by then - - and even if they are will my appointment still be good :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That is awful about tags. Mine would be due yesterday but thank God my girlfriend talked me into renewing them for three years last year. That really sucks and I'm sorry to hear that. That cop is just on a power trip.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• shytttttttt if that was me , I'd be right back in it driving by him again so he can waste his time and give me another ticket..........what judge is going to make you pay them (NONE) ......ALL DMVs are closed everywhere , no one is getting anything remotely taking care of, that is unless your doing it online (NY State you can renew online) but they even extended expiration dates due to the virus........you just ran across a DYCKHEAD who's mad that your out in your slingshot and he's not.......imo

• HeRSling and I both got to ride our Slings some today. Only 30-40 miles but it’s the first time she has been able to ride hers since Feb 23rd. On the 24th she had a double mastectomy and here’s hasn’t been started until today. She had a conference call with her chemo doctor and was told she will NOT need chemo. She will start radiation in a week or so but no chemo. When she hung up she said “Let’s ride.” She rode her’s and I rode mine. Went to our daughters to drop off something and for her to see the grand dog.
    BTW, love the Duracell Group 34 AGM I put in hers over a year ago. Sat for two months without a charger and started right up.

• what I don't get is how the police officer decided your slingshot is a "recreational vehicle" its street legal and as far as he could know it could be your only vehicle - - Seriously its not an RV and its not an off road toy - - did he site anything as to why he felt it was a "recreational vehicle" under the law?

I have absolutely no doubt you will win this in court but is sucks that you even have to take the time and deal with going to court - - frankly I would be very mad, and I would ask the judge if I could be reimbursed for the time the police officers error cost me - - its BS!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• [quote='dangerdarrell','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9024-corona-virus-what-did-you-do-today/&postID=304186#post304186']

HeRSling and I both got to ride our Slings some today. Only 30-40 miles but it’s the first time she has been able to ride hers since Feb 23rd. On the 24th she had a double mastectomy and here’s hasn’t been started until today. She had a conference call with her chemo doctor and was told she will NOT need chemo. She will start radiation in a week or so but no chemo. When she hung up she said “Let’s ride.” She rode her’s and I rode mine. Went to our daughters to drop off something and for her to see the grand dog.
    BTW, love the Duracell Group 34 AGM I put in hers over a year ago. Sat for two months without a charger and started right up.
    slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/106207/

[/quote]

That is great news! Glad that things are working out for her! I love good news! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• what I don't get is how the police officer decided your slingshot is a "recreational vehicle" its street legal and as far as he could know it could be your only vehicle - - Seriously its not an RV and its not an off road toy - - did he site anything as to why he felt it was a "recreational vehicle" under the law?

I have absolutely no doubt you will win this in court but is sucks that you even have to take the time and deal with going to court - - frankly I would be very mad, and I would ask the judge if I could be reimbursed for the time the police officers error cost me - - its BS!

I agree, every motorcycle I've ever owned had MC plates and tags on it that I was able to renew online and receive through the mail. My Sling has MC plates on it, so what's the difference? 🤔

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• HeRSling and I both got to ride our Slings some today. Only 30-40 miles but it’s the first time she has been able to ride hers since Feb 23rd. On the 24th she had a double mastectomy and here’s hasn’t been started until today. She had a conference call with her chemo doctor and was told she will NOT need chemo. She will start radiation in a week or so but no chemo. When she hung up she said “Let’s ride.” She rode her’s and I rode mine. Went to our daughters to drop off something and for her to see the grand dog.

Great news, folks!

Prayers answered!:saint:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.