"Corona Virus" What did you do today?

• I ordered the 5 for $14.95 with another free one and the decal. Site now says it may take 30 days because of the virus.

I checked them online. Most people are happy, but quite a few are VERY unhappy. Used PayPal to be safe, so we'll see how it goes. $20 total so it won't break the bank

........that's exactly how I looked at it when I ordered the same thing a few days ago, $20 won't hurt me......they really didn't have what I wanted anyway ( animal faces ) and I wasn't doing a custom one ...

• Today was tractor maintenance day.

John Deere has the entire side panel come off with just one bolt. Polaris could learn a thing or two from this design!

Changed oil & filter, air and fuel filters, too.

Found out there is misinformation on the web (shock!) concerning how much oil the engine takes.

Ended up overfilling the oil and had to drain an extra quart back out. :cursing:. Other than that, everything else went smoothly.

Built a pair of wooden 'tractor jacks' that will get the wheels 7+ inches off the ground - very stable. Plan to service the transmission and change out the hydraulic fluid & filter tomorrow. I think these wooden ramps will be useful for the Slingshot as well.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• ........they really didn't have what I wanted anyway ( animal faces ) and I wasn't doing a custom one ...

I was going to order more animal faces and noticed they didn't have any listed.

they had maybe 1/2 as many as late last year when i ordered the last time. I assume their supplier is back logged

• Hey Doc ...don't want to start any tractor wars but my tractors orange and no tools needed to remove side panels. Just open the hood and pull on the spring clips, same for the front grille ;)

• The ramps just need to be longer. Mine are 41 inch long X 9 inch wide and 5 inch high with four steps to the top, the length and the steps make it easier to drive up on. I made them many many years ago for the 67 Corvette and the Firebirds

• Hey Doc ...don't want to start any tractor wars but my tractors orange and no tools needed to remove side panels. Just open the hood and pull on the spring clips, same for the front grille ;)

I wasn't going to say that but since you did...………..me too!

My Kubota dealer doesn't find it nearly as amusing as I do when I go in to buy something and tell him, 'I heard the green ones are fifty percent off today'. :saint:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• yeah, but, when you need something done maintenance wise, can you repair it yourself without connecting an official computer up to it and getting the parts "authorized"

JD has been getting a lot of bad press lately about right to repair.

• yeah, but, when you need something done maintenance wise, can you repair it yourself without connecting an official computer up to it and getting the parts "authorized"

there is a local company that has made alot of money as they cracked into the codes on tractors like JD and unlocked them for the farmers to be able to work on them again. Its BS when you pay a quarter million for a tractor and the dealer can shut it down from anywhere or make it so you cant even do general maintenance without them being involved

• there is a local company that has made alot of money as they cracked into the codes on tractors like JD and unlocked them for the farmers to be able to work on them again. Its BS when you pay a quarter million for a tractor and the dealer can shut it down from anywhere or make it so you cant even do general maintenance without them being involved

Agreed 100%, if you see anything related to right to repair in the political news or when voting, make sure you support the farmers or anything related to repairing of electronics. All fo the big players like John Deere, Apple, etc, are fighting the ability for people to repair their own devices. They want to control who can repair the things that you buy.

Let me put this into terms you may understand for everyone else...

Say you buy a new truck, or a slingshot, and a few years down the road, your Alternator goes out. You look online and see that you can buy a used one for $100. You install it, and it doesn't work. You scratch your head, talk to the seller, can't figure it out.

Finally, you see that it's locked, and you have to pay someone from Ford, Chevy, or Polaris, to unlock your used/3rd party part, to work on your device. They want $200, or $350 or $750 an hour, just to connect a computer to your ride and allow that used or 3rd party part, to work. Once they do, it's allowed and you are back in business.

JD has been getting a lot of press about this, and it's wrong, in my opinion. You buy a tractor, truck, slingshot, you should be able to replace parts as you see fit, to make it work or upgrade.

JD has another idea in mind, they want you to pay them, or their authorized servicers or repair shops, to repair, replace or upgrade parts.

I'll get off my soap box now, but will answer any questions you may have

• They have learned from printer manufacturers. Ink for printers is about $5000 per gallon. You just buy it a couple of ounces at a time.

I have an Epson 830 which keeps popping up a message that I MUST update the firmware. What it doesn't say is that if I do, I will no longer be able to buy ink from Amazon for $20 or $30 for all five cartridges. I will have to pay Epson $30 PER CARTRIDGE.

Screw them. My printer, I will decide where to buy the ink. My car, truck, bike . . . I will decide where to buy gas and oil.

Yeah, I heard about this. Farmers want to repair & mod: JD is not only voiding warranties, but suing claiming the equipment owner doesn't own software or technology.

VERY poor policy!

• Finished with the tractor maintenance today. Drained the transmission and hydraulic system and pulled the internal filter.

Kind of neat, steel mesh tubular filter with a long bar magnet inside. Pull the magnet & wipe it down - catches really fine particles while thecm screen catches bigger stuff. Ran a telescoping magnet inside the filter cavity, got some more particles.

Reassembled it all, filled up hydraulic system with 4 gallons of fluid, all done!

Kind of nice to have a vehicle that jacks its own front end up!