"Corona Virus" What did you do today?

• Still can't figure out why calling it the Chinese flu is racist, but there's no such sentiment about the naming of Lyme Disease (after Lyme CT) isn't.

Maybe because "Chinese" describes a group of people where "Lyme" describes a place. China, or Wuhan virus would make more sense and be more accurate if we're naming diseases based on their point of origin.

EDIT: Besides, Lyme disease is probably referred to by that name because "borrelia burgdorferi" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue :P

• Mowed my lawn for the first time with my new electric, lithium ion battery powered lawn mower. Worked better than I expected it to but not quite as good as I hoped. I have a small yard (.21 acres) and it finished with about 25% battery left, but it wouldn't have if I used the self-propulsion the whole time. But my previous mower was heavier and the ONLY propulsion option was me ALL the time so I'm not complaining :P. ( uh oh, I think I hear Doc&Ruby coming to tell me what an impractical thing a battery powered electric mower is ;))

Nah! An EV lawn mower seems perfectly sensible to me. Besides, you're never more than walking distance from home if the battery dies! :/

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• So the Captain calls me on her way home from work. "Meet me in the driveway!" then...

"Hey handsome, want a lift!?"

Off we went in Kitty, with her top down.

Didn't go far, but a nice drive on a lovely day in an awesome car with a beautiful girl... Heck, I think God loves me and wants me to be happy! 😄

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Maybe because "Chinese" describes a group of people where "Lyme" describes a place. China, or Wuhan virus would make more sense and be more accurate if we're naming diseases based on their point of origin.

EDIT: Besides, Lyme disease is probably referred to by that name because "borrelia burgdorferi" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue :P

How about Mecican food, should it be Mexico food?

• Naming a class of food after a group of people is generally complimentary. I think naming a disease after a group of people would be considered derogatory by most. Probably why it's not really done.

Actually Spanish Flu and German Measles are in medical literature. It has become an issue recently as political correctness has become more pervasive. In this case the media used it until Trump used it then it was used to attack him.

• Actually Spanish Flu and German Measles are in medical literature. It has become an issue recently as political correctness has become more pervasive. In this case the media used it until Trump used it then it was used to attack him.

Dunno then. Didn't realize the media was calling it the Chinese virus. I usually saw it referenced as Covid-19.

• Work. F'n work, Work, WORK! I'm working from home, but putting in MORE hours. 14 hrs Mon, 11 hrs Tues, 13 hrs yesterday.

I'm in supply chain. So I have some suppliers that are 100% open, some 100% closed, some partially open, some open with high absenteeism. I really wish the Federal Gov't would just step in and say "Everyone close for 2 weeks". Enough of this partial shixx. It's killing me.

Even FedEx & UPS are fubar'd. FedEx is no longer accepting anything over 100Kg for international and only accepting P1 shipments, with no guarantee. Which of course means that everyone is shipping everything P1 - which means nothing is P1 any more. UPS stopped accepting pallets today thru Monday (at least internationally). But both of them are seeing 4+ days even for "overnight" service.

• I ordered the 5 for $14.95 with another free one and the decal. Site now says it may take 30 days because of the virus.

I checked them online. Most people are happy, but quite a few are VERY unhappy. Used PayPal to be safe, so we'll see how it goes. $20 total so it won't break the bank.

Dave@DDMWorks or more likely Angie@DDMWorks had some branded with their logo that were from SA .I got a couple at SSITS and have been happy with them

• I ordered the 5 for $14.95 with another free one and the decal. Site now says it may take 30 days because of the virus.

I checked them online. Most people are happy, but quite a few are VERY unhappy. Used PayPal to be safe, so we'll see how it goes. $20 total so it won't break the bank.

I've ordered from them twice now. I've been very happy with what I got and shipping (pre virus) was quick. seems everyone is a little slower right now.

• Thats what she said last - - - - - never mind :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies