Almost did it today

• Stopped this morning on my way to work to get gas. As always I got out of the slingshot removed the gas cap and set it on the black plastic right behind filler hole. Turned around to swipe the cc and realized all of the pumps were out of order. After a little frustration I jumped back in the sling and drove about a mile down the highway to the next station. When I got out and turned around to take the cap off it was still sitting there right where I had set it at the prior station - - - I have no clue how it managed not falling off in that mile at speeds up to 55 - - - anyway up until now I had wondered how so many people manage to lose their cap - I guess I got my answer 8|

perhaps I should see if I can get a cheap backup to keep in the glove box - - knowing I have a backup would probably guarantee I never need it. kind of like the rain suit I have never unfolded thats in the cubby behind the driver seat :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think it was SlingLow that mentioned about putting it in your seat vs on the back somewhere, so you never forget it. I've been working on that habit (it's surprisingly hard to break a habit like this). Haven't sat on it yet

might have to give the seat a try - - normally by the filler hole has been fine - I turn back and out the cap back on right after returning the pump handle to the pump - - when the pump didnt work this morning I never got to that step and it must have thrown me off

• I got gas then was distracted by people asking what is that thing you-are driving ' I went about 4 miles with the cap just siting there next to the filler.....Don't know why it didn't fall off...The next day i went to Loews and in the lawn mower aisle i picked up a ;Arnold Gas Cap.....2-1/8 diameter [GC300] its a perfect fit..I leave it in the glove compartment just in case...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I got gas then was distracted by people asking what is that thing you-are driving ' I went about 4 miles with the cap just siting there next to the filler.....Don't know why it didn't fall off...The next day i went to Loews and in the lawn mower aisle i picked up a ;Arnold Gas Cap.....2-1/8 diameter [GC300] its a perfect fit..I leave it in the glove compartment just in case...

thanks for the info - just saved that cap in my amazon account for later :thumbsup:

• Yep, I got distracted by a pretty girl. Left the cap sitting on the sling as I drove off. Had that funny feeling. Pulled over and checked. Sure enough I drove off without reinstalling the cap. Doubled back and luckily it was in the middle of the highway with no damage!

Great tip with Amold cap. I'm going to purchase and put In the storage compartment,

• Your right wokka I used to set mine on my seat - until I installed a set of luggage racks. Now I put it on the rack and it's right there by the filler tube. My routine is to replace the cap immediately when the tank is full and before I return handle the to the to the pump.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• ok Slinglow will your luggage racks work with Stinger top and ssv works hump speaker pods?

How much?

Yes and yes. I make them to order with the inside mounting arm 1 1/4" shorter than the outside arm to mate up with the Stinger bracket and they do clear the SSV pods. You'd need low-profile bags to fit under the V behind the hoops. $325/pair including shipping. I have a new batch being cut on the CNC tomorrow which will get welded up early next week. A few days at the powder coater and they should be done by the end of the week or early the following week.

Stinger top:

SSV speaker pods:

Edit: I found one with the top and pods. That's the mounting bracket for the rack you see to the right of the speaker. To the left, the lower bolt is through the existing hole in the Stinger bracket. A 2nd hole can be drilled through the bracket above that one for the other hole in the rack bracket (optional - these are hella strong with 3 mounting points as shown here instead of 4 ).

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• I will discuss it with she that holds the funds..😄

Yeah baby. Stimulate the economy! :P:thumbup:

Seriously though, I would want to know before they are welded since I don't charge for the mount modification. Occasionally I'll do a onesy for this so this isn't your only opportunity.