Better headlight bulbs

• Yeah, I'm starting to think a light bar is the best plan. I like where you mounted yours. Still lower than the factory lights but away from the road surface.

• Yeah, I'm starting to think a light bar is the best plan. I like where you mounted yours. Still lower than the factory lights but away from the road surface.

I also like the higher mounting point, but with our extreme summer heat I would be very hesitant to do any mod that might disrupt airflow to the radiator

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I replaced all factory bulbs with 35 Watt 5000K HID bulbs and drivers.

HUGE difference.

The H3's are "Kensun" brand. An excellent company with great customer service. They actually sent me a free harness when the bulbs flickered in another vehicle due to a CanBus thing.

The H11's are "Innovited" brand.

Both have been installed for 2 full seasons without any failure.

• I also like the higher mounting point, but with our extreme summer heat I would be very hesitant to do any mod that might disrupt airflow to the radiator

Yeah, I guess it might have a slight impact, but the sling engine bay is so much more open to the air to begin with than a normal car that I'm not sure it would make a critical amount of difference.

• I also like the higher mounting point, but with our extreme summer heat I would be very hesitant to do any mod that might disrupt airflow to the radiator

Yeah, I guess it might have a slight impact, but the sling engine bay is so much more open to the air to begin with than a normal car that I'm not sure it would make a critical amount of difference.

I agree with both of you. Blockage is bad. That amount shouldn't be an issue.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

This was a primary concern for me, I also wanted the bar lower and underneath because the Nilight bar puts out a tremendous amount of light (9000 lumens or better as I remember)

Didn't want to blind other drivers!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Dont do LED headlight bulds do an HID kit. Projector housings work much better with HID kits than with LED kits. Alternatively you can do An LED bar like others are suggesting.

I did not know this before I found a write up on it. I will just use the H-11 as an example. All H-11 lamps are not the same as to the projection pattern, it has to do how and where the LED's are located on the lamp base. I do not know enough to really explain it but I read something about it last year. If I remember correctly they vary according to the type of base that they are to be used in and some will be brighter than others.

• I did not know this before I found a write up on it. I will just use the H-11 as an example. All H-11 lamps are not the same as to the projection pattern, it has to do how and where the LED's are located on the lamp base. I do not know enough to really explain it but I read something about it last year. If I remember correctly they vary according to the type of base that they are to be used in and some will be brighter than others.

One of the biggest problems is the lack of consistency on length between all of the LED bulbs out there.

All projector housings designed for halogen bulbs have a focal point where the filament is. Quite often, LED bulbs are longer than halogen, placing the actual LED source farther in the housing. While the bulb itself may be brighter, it ends up scattering the light because it is not at the optimum focal point of the housing. Basically, more light but scattered everywhere instead of focused in front of you.

There are some better LED bulbs that actually have a little allen head that allows you to adjust how deep the LED bulb sits in the housing. I put a set of these in my wife's car and adjusted them. These work awesome. Or, you may get lucky and find a fixed one that is the same length as a halogen.

With HID bulbs, even when the bulb is longer, the filament is also longer. So, there is still the maximum bright spot in the focal area. Although, most that I have used are almost identical length as the halogen equivalent.

• This works across the line for all cars btw. LEDs are generally the brighter option but as mentioned by a post above IN an actual projector which is what we have HID kits perform much better in almost every single way.

• Happen to have a link for these bulbs?
    I have been reading for awhile on bulbs and seems that the HID's are the choice.

I have stock lights today - and would love to replace them for a decent cost, w/o too much modding...

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

I have been reading for awhile on bulbs and seems that the HID's are the choice.

I have stock lights today - and would love to replace them for a decent cost, w/o too much modding...

I took all of the HID lamps out of my 2015 and replaced with LED's. This was before the light and relay recall. The stock HID lights would overload the stock relay when on Hi Beam, the LED's took care of the problem.

I just checked my Amazon orders.

Both of the actual brands that I bought show as not available.

Outsides were "Kensun" brand, H3 bulb , 5000K, 35 watt

Insides were "Innovative" brand, H9 bulb, 5000K, 35 watt

Keep in mind that HID bulbs do have a driver module. Both of the above brands have a very thin driver module that was easy to mount. I can open the hood and snap a few photos if needed.

Keep in mind that the higher you go in the "K" value, the more white...towards blue you go.

Halogen is roughly 3500-4000K - more yellow light

4300K - yellowish/white

5000K - mild white (what I am happy with)

6000K - super white, beginning some blue

Anything above.....very blue-ish

• I took all of the HID lamps out of my 2015 and replaced with LED's. This was before the light and relay recall. The stock HID lights would overload the stock relay when on Hi Beam, the LED's took care of the problem.

I wonder if Polaris changed the circuit. My 2017 has not had a single problem and I changed my bulbs 2 weeks after I bought it new.

Also, were you running 35W or 55W HID ?

• I spent about an hour trying to find the article that I was speaking of and could not find anything on the differences I was talking about. Wish I could remember where it was.

Someone, maybe BKL , posted a link to a you tube video. Probably on this thread but maybe a headlight thread. It was really informative about the different bulb types, shapes and patterns. I'm not real good at finding stuff here.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Someone, maybe BKL , posted a link to a you tube video. Probably on this thread but maybe a headlight thread. It was really informative about the different bulb types, shapes and patterns. I'm not real good at finding stuff here.

That is probably where I got it from. Maybe someone can find it. I might have book marked it, I will look. SlingLow Today's Mod thread by Kyle D #24,009 but this is not the info I was talking about