Better headlight bulbs

• So, the other night I'm out after dark in the sling. The traffic is light but there is oncoming traffic, so I have to keep my low beams on. Suddenly, I notice blood on the road in front of me. Before I even had time to think about a lane change, a dead dog appeared on the road right in front of me. It went right down the center of the sling. Made a horrible noise as it crashed around under the sling and bounced the rear tire off the road. Immediately pulled over at a gas station assuming there would be damage to the splitter. Miraculously, there was none. Spent the next morning hosing gore off the bottom of the frame. The stock headlight bulbs suck. I've read a ton of posts here about aftermarket LEDs but inevitably somebody seems to have complaints about just about every brand I've seen mentioned. Can anyone recommend some LEDs that haven't either had a high failure rate or didn't require extensive modifications to the factory housings to make them work?

• I replaced my stock with sling mods led ones. Just me here I still don’t think they are bright enough for me. But after reading MiM review of his lights. I think I may go that route. They seem to put out more light and in a wider pattern.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• another option you might want to check out is the light bar that Doc&Ruby installed in the center of the splitter - here is a link to the post

FIRST 24,500 POST ARCHIVE : What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....? CLOSED THREAD

and here is a link to the bar itself

Amazon - Light bar

I bookmarked this when Doc posted it - I havent gotten around to it yet as I don't drive much at night, but if I do decide I need more light at some point this is how I think I will go

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I guess he was talking about these? I'm really looking for a bulb replacement if possible. Don't really want to have to rig up an entirely different mounting system.

Yes sir those are it. i bought the leds from slingmods a couple years ago there still doing good, they may work for you,but just not bright enough for me. and from what MiM posted about his, doesn't seem to be much modding to make them work either.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I noticed with the factory specs on aiming the headlights the low beam setting really only illuminated a short distance in front of the SS when the low beam shutter was down. I felt like I was driving blind since I couldn't see anything more than a few feet in front of me on low beams. I noticed that the SS didn't even illuminate the road signs in my neighborhood when I could see them clearly in every other vehicle we have so I decided to check how far the lights were throwing compared to other vehicles. I used my son's car since his headlights are about the same height as the SS and used a 2x4 to see how far ahead I could see it in the road and verify that the stop sign at the end of the road was illuminated. I then parked my SS right next to it and adjusted the headlight aim up until the 2/4 came into view so the throw distance was the same on the SS and his car. I could also now see the stop sign at the end of my street that I could never see before until I was right on it. I didn't see any noticeable difference in how bright the low beams would look to oncoming traffic between his car and the SS and haven't had any issues with people "bright lighting" me when I'm coming towards them since I did the adjustment. Was pretty easy to do since the low beam shutter makes a pretty clear light / dark line and it wasn't hard at all to keep the factory offset where one is a bit higher than the other as long as I made small adjustments to each headlight as I pushed the throw distance further out. Was a zero cost fix that only took me a few minutes to do, but made a significant improvement in being able to see things in the road at night even with stock headlight bulbs.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Posting this reminded me that I need to check them again since I had it in for it's 10K service last month and the tech might have "fixed" it back to factory specs again....

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• One of the best things about this light bar is that it helps make you more visible to other drivers both night & day.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I have same light on my SS and like the way more people see you. HeRSling has same light. It does show well . As far at night it does show you the road. My $.02

Is it legal??? Law says 4 headlights for US auto/MC... That's why the Canadian Headlight system only lights on 'high beam".

• Those are it SZurlo!

Very bright. And you can see in that 3rd picture on their website how they just mount with a bolt to the metal plate. Well that's really all I did, but you have to drill the holes in the metal plate that's there on 2015 Slings and get longer bolts/nuts to have them level up in the right spot so they center on the plastic housing.

Then I wired them using the slingmods fog light kit.

I'll take a picture of how much they light soon since it's been a hot topic recently. An "on/off" comparison.

• Is it legal??? Law says 4 headlights for US auto/MC... That's why the Canadian Headlight system only lights on 'high beam".

I've never had a problem, almost never get flashed by other people. The light bar is mounted 6-8 inches back of the front lip of the splitter, so nothing shines UP at other drivers.

The bar also has 2 rows of 12 LEDs. The outer 6 are wide angle floods (120 deg) - these light either side, great for dark corners. The inner 6 are spots (60 deg) that throw light straight out.

• I've never had a problem, almost never get flashed by other people. The light bar is mounted 6-8 inches back of the front lip of the splitter, so nothing shines UP at other drivers.

The bar also has 2 rows of 12 LEDs. The outer 6 are wide angle floods (120 deg) - these light either side, great for dark corners. The inner 6 are spots (60 deg) that throw light straight out.

Doc&Ruby can you give us some info on the light bar and whee you got it sir. thanks

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Doc&Ruby can you give us some info on the light bar and whee you got it sir. thanks

The whole thing was under $35. I used speaker wire & tapped into fog light wiring for power. Also used clear silicone to seal the light bar, wire input, around the front plexiglass lens. Also took off end caps & sealed them. Some reviews complained about water intrusions and some LED elements shorting out - I've had no problems after 9+ months.

• So, the other night I'm out after dark in the sling. The traffic is light but there is oncoming traffic, so I have to keep my low beams on. Suddenly, I notice blood on the road in front of me. Before I even had time to think about a lane change, a dead dog appeared on the road right in front of me. It went right down the center of the sling. Made a horrible noise as it crashed around under the sling and bounced the rear tire off the road. Immediately pulled over at a gas station assuming there would be damage to the splitter. Miraculously, there was none. Spent the next morning hosing gore off the bottom of the frame. The stock headlight bulbs suck. I've read a ton of posts here about aftermarket LEDs but inevitably somebody seems to have complaints about just about every brand I've seen mentioned. Can anyone recommend some LEDs that haven't either had a high failure rate or didn't require extensive modifications to the factory housings to make them work?

Since day one I thought the stock bulbs was a joke & when I switched to the LED bulbs it only helped a little but not for the speeds im used to driving until I placed this LED light bar in the center and created my own mount for it (I've seen others in the same location mounted differently) ........placed it on a separate switch and once on I'm satisfied......

https://www.strobesnmore.com/S…-X-Series-Floodlight.html

There are different ones in different lengths.......

Hopes that helps you