Self driving cars are... racist!?

• https://carbuzz.com/news/new-s…f-driving-cars-are-racist

So here's another data point showing how corrupt the Left is, and how they filter EVERYTHING through their own twisted political viewpoint.

Scientists did a study and found that the "person detection" algorithm used by many self driving vehicles is 5% less effective when viewing a darker skinned person.

Okay, fine. You might argue whether 5% was significant or important, but let's leave that aside. Should the researchers point out this flaw in the software? Absolutely. Should they call on companies developing self driving vehicles to improve their software to make folks safer? Yes!

But call out the *companies* as racist? This is asinine political theater that actually works against actual improvement and implementation of safer software. Companies will waste time, energy, and resources fighting the charge of racism instead of working on a better performing software system.

This is the Left. Screw the people, push the agenda, divide the people with identity politics. 😡

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Now don't THAT make your black ass blue?

(Just a saying of mine with no consideration for the ethnic background of the recipient. NO racial connotations intended. Use of this saying is entirely at the user's risk. What can I say, I used to work for a towboat company and picked up all kinds of crude sayings - please do not contact me for a list.)

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• xerox paper is racist

photo paper is racist

neither is even offered in black

I won't even get into "White" bread - - - I mean really, they have to bleach the wheat??

F'N racists!

on the other hand is butter died yellow to favor Asians or is even thinking that it could be just another example of being racist????

Thank God I hate everybody of every color - even myself :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Frankly I think that believing that every little thing was done because of race is in fact racist

I think that there is a very good chance that if you think the things others are doing are racist it is because you are a racist and whether or not you realize it subconsciously you expect others to think the same way you do. :/

The more you accuse others of being racist the more likely it is that you are racist

• Frankly I think that believing that every little thing was done because of race is in fact racist

I think that there is a very good chance that if you think the things others are doing are racist it is because you are a racist and whether or not you realize it subconsciously you expect others to think the same way you do. :/

The more you accuse others of being racist the more likely it is that you are racist

I have said that all along, the very people that bring it up all the time are the racist. The rest of us do not worry about it.

• I have said that all along, the very people that bring it up all the time are the racist. The rest of us do not worry about it.

Just like the person who is always worried that their spouse/partner will cheat on them most likely feels this way because subconsciously they know they would cheat given the chance - - - - -

And the concept that you can't be a racist unless your race is the race in power is pure BS!!! - - just an excuse to justify being racist

• Edward....didn't you recently get a Volvo? Wife and I are in looking stage for SUV and like what i see in the UX40, maybe UX60. Initially, after finding that Volvo was bought by Chinese company, I lost interest. But now find that the motors are still made in Sweden. The 40 is built in Belgium I think. Anyway, I'm looking for owner reviews. Virus prevents us from doing anything at the moment, but Volvo and equivalent Audi are high on our list. Perhaps used If I find low miles and right color.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Edward....didn't you recently get a Volvo? Wife and I are in looking stage for SUV and like what i see in the UX40, maybe UX60. Initially, after finding that Volvo was bought by Chinese company, I lost interest. But now find that the motors are still made in Sweden. The 40 is built in Belgium I think. Anyway, I'm looking for owner reviews. Virus prevents us from doing anything at the moment, but Volvo and equivalent Audi are high on our list. Perhaps used If I find low miles and right color.

We were looking at the Volvo suv's, but ended up getting the S60 sedan - according the the parts source label on it most parts are from Sweden & Belgium, and the motor is from Sweden and transmission from Japan with the final assembly being in South Carolina (China was not on the list at all) - Be careful though every model is different - I looked at the label of the S90 sedan and most of its parts including the motor are from China - - I never checked the parts source labels on any of the SUV's, but would have no problem buying one if you are correct about the motor being from Belgium. At our dealer the parts source list was right on the "sticker" of each Volvo

If going used part sources might be different - I know the plant in SC where the S60 is assembled just began production in 2019

Now more to your question - We are really loving the S60 so far - most comfortable seats in any car I have ever driven and very comfortable ride the infotainment system is a bit different, but easy to adjust to - I also love the driving modes - reminds me of my pedal commander on the sling in that I can pick eco, comfort & sport modes - - havent tried eco yet - - If the SUV's are anything like the S60 I would highly recommend at least getting out and taking one for a test drive both my wife and I have absolutely no regrets going for our first Volvo.

As a side note I also really like that Volvos (at least around here) seem to be much rarer. When I am on my ride to and from work across town each day I see Audi's and Lexus and all of the other "luxury" brands at ever single stop light on the other hand most days the only Volvo's I see are the ones on the lot when I pass the Volvo dealer - - - - I like having a car that is not something everyone has - - just like my Sling :thumbsup:

• 18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Good info Edward. Thanks. Will prob drive up to dealer lot this Sunday and do a walk around to look at them. Will check out the label to make sure anything we like is Swedish made. Have read they have shut down plants in Ghent, Sweden, and US due to virus. Obviously this will have some impact on future availability.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• The left has ruined everything, now a days If "you" have some level of success you can't say anything without having to triple check it with your PR department because everything is racist, sexual harassment or worse and they are always looking to turn anything and everything into a crusade to fit their agenda.

In this day and age you can no longer pay anyone a simple compliment without it meaning something else..... which is why we as a society are so impersonal, lack morality and care so little about others, sadly it will only get worse as more people from my generation and those after us get in power.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• many things in this country need reversed....catering to the smallest minorities has made us a minority

This generation is too screwed up they can’t Even tell what gender they are or want to be....

I thought God determined that stuff. The Bible made that clear....look what happened to sodom and Gomorrah ....destroyed by GOD....for homosexual activities...not from overdue library books...

• Good info Edward. Thanks. Will prob drive up to dealer lot this Sunday and do a walk around to look at them. Will check out the label to make sure anything we like is Swedish made. Have read they have shut down plants in Ghent, Sweden, and US due to virus. Obviously this will have some impact on future availability.

I agree, availability is going down and it the near future finding what you want may become more difficult due to production cutbacks - on the bright side, if you are looking to buy new, I was reading yesterday that dealers are lowering prices and that zero percent loans even longer than 72 months are becoming very common due to the very low numbers of buyers this virus is causing - - - as they say "its a buyers market"

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I agree, availability is going down and it the near future finding what you want may become more difficult due to production cutbacks - on the bright side, if you are looking to buy new, I was reading yesterday that dealers are lowering prices and that zero percent loans even longer than 72 months are becoming very common due to the very low numbers of buyers this virus is causing - - - as they say "its a buyers market"

all you have to do is wonder if you’ll have a job after this is all over....unless you’re rich and have a nice stockpile of money on hand....I wouldn’t go into any “luxury” debt.

For the record....if you have a job...a car is considered a luxury...according to the welfare department...if you’re on welfare a car is considered a necessity ...They’ll give you a car allowance...

• As I told a motorcycle salesman and a car salesman back in 2009 after George the Idiot put the entire world close to a depression, "I am your worst nightmare, white trash with money . . . deal my way or eat your shiny new vehicle for supper tonight."

When friends and relatives asked how I could afford things when no one had money, I replied, "Planning and saving."