Warning labels on gas pumps

• An article in electrek.com claims the Brits want to put cigarette style warning labels on gas pumps. They say Canadians are putting photos of wildlife on gas pumps claiming that by filling up you are killing nice animals with Global Warming. šŸ˜”

Found same article on another news site & was able to copy the link.

https://mobilitylab.org/2018/1ā€¦tes-why-not-on-gas-pumps/

From the article:

"Shifts in tobacco were a result of increasing the stigma of smoking. Itā€™s now considered anti-social. Similar tactics should be applied to fossil fuels. That includes restrictions on advertising by fossil fuel companies to prevent misleading claims."

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• That reminds me of one of my old hound dogs, Sweet. One day I was working on the carburetor of my old hot rod and Sweet came into the garage and without me seeing him, drank a margarine container full of gas that I had just drained. I spotted him just as he finished it and that crazy dog took off and ran around the house as fast as he could go. Once, twice, three times. After the third pass he ran out into the middle of the street and fell over on his side.

You: Was he dead?

Me: Nope. Ran out of gas.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• That reminds me of one of my old hound dogs, Sweet. One day I was working on the carburetor of my old hot rod and Sweet came into the garage and without me seeing him, drank a margarine container full of gas that I had just drained. I spotted him just as he finished it and that crazy dog took off and ran around the house as fast as he could go. Once, twice, three times. After the third pass he ran out into the middle of the street and fell over on his side.

You: Was he dead?

Me: Nope. Ran out of gas.

I use to give the stray cats something to drink until my son's Golden Lab found it.

• I saw on article on electrek that showed a map of the air quality now that there's much less traffic on roads and obviously it's improved.

There were similar articles about pollution in China and the Venice canal getting dolphins, along with the water clearing up (really the sediment was just resting due to no boats moving).

Anyway, this will definitely be fuel/evidence for agenda pushers. Just hope we can come to a happy medium. There should be a balance between us and mother nature...

Imagine if the next virus or lethal airborne toxins came from the trees! šŸ¤Æ

• I saw on article on electrek that showed . . . . .

Unfortunately that's all we get anymore. Articles that say and show. Nothing that proves. No real method to check facts or truthfulness. No time to care anyway because there's another 15 articles that just came out in the last 5 minutes. No journalists working for different publications in different cities that will get crucified and ostracized if they don't get it right.

You can show anything you want with graphics, statistics, presentation, graphs, etc. You don't need fuel to promote your agenda, you can create your own from smoke and mirrors (and I'm an expert on smoke and mirrors).

Sorry MiM not an attack on you, just our 'system'.

Oops, not the Politics thread. My bad...:rolleyes:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well I don't want to be too paranoid but I wear gloves when I pump gas

Nothing paranoid about that at all. I've always kept a box of latex gloves in my truck, even before this Corona thing. I don't even want to know what's on those pump handles... šŸ˜²

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I have never even though about wearing gloves while pumping gas, it cannot be any worse than the rest room door. For those that wash their hands in the rest room and then open the door.

Oh, I know. Restroom door handles are only one of a hundred things you touch that a hundred people have touched before you, but you do what you can.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Oh, I know. Restroom door handles are only one of a hundred things you touch that a hundred people have touched before you, but you do what you can.

Because I'm out & about with business and work, I just put a damp cloth (damp with a bleach and water) in my work Station wagon. Canned wipes are hard to come by, cup of bleach in 5 gal of water will kill most of the problems. If 'Clorox" is hard to come by, use 'pool bleach' --- cheaper and a little stronger solution.

• Because I'm out & about with business and work, I just put a damp cloth (damp with a bleach and water) in my work Station wagon. Canned wipes are hard to come by, cup of bleach in 5 gal of water will kill most of the problems. If 'Clorox" is hard to come by, use 'pool bleach' --- cheaper and a little stronger solution.

Just an FYI the regulations of household Bleach vs Liquid Pool Shock is the the % on the bottle. Household bleach % is based on what it was when put in the bottle. Pool Shock % is based on what is actually delivered when used. It has to do with EPA regulations because Pool Shock is technically registered as a pesticide. So just be careful as it is much stronger than household stuff.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I had to go to the doctor yesterday....I chose the local urgent care. I called them from my truck in the parking lot. They asked the standard list virus questions first to determine if I might have The virus...(I donā€™t) not why I went.

then they said to wait in my truck and they would tell me when I could enter. They said they had someone (1 person) in there and I had to wait until they left.

When I got my turn. They all had gloves and masks on. The counter where you sign the consent forms was still wet from being wiped down. I kept my distance from them to show my respect for there safety...I entered and left without actually touching any door knobs.

Even with all that, I felt safe but not.....I was still breathing the inside air...everyone else is breathing into....

Someone just told me 12 feet separation is now recommended ...