OEM Coil Spring Removal

• Need a little guidance here, I called myself looking here and using the search engine. But can the OEM coil springs be removed from the shocks? And if so what is the process? I do have the coil spring tools to compress the springs but as i am looking at the shock I can not see how it would come off, what am I missing? mine are gray and I would like to strip them down and powder coat another color or wrap them in a colored type tubing.I remember having a set of lowered springs on my low rider truck, they were not powder coated as it was not popular back then but had a plastic type coating on them.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• So here is a question if they weld the ring how are you to be able to replace the coils that DDMWorks sells through Slingmods?? As they indicate that you can use a coil spring compressor tool to do this job??

DDMWorks Sport Handling 3/4" Lowering Kit for the Polaris Slingshot (3 Piece Kit)

(1 reviews) IN STOCK

• :flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Once you compress the spring, the upper mount will slide down and then off the shaft. The only thing holding the upper spring mount in place once the spring is compressed is the bump stop. You may need to slide the bump stop down slightly on the shaft to have enough room for the upper mount to slide out. You will see that the upper mount has a slot in it wide enough to fit over the shaft of the shock. The lower mount is not easily removable.

Hope the helps,

Dave