Welter Rear Dual Performance exhaust on the way

• The welded on hanger in that last pipe section dictates the distance from the panel. I ran with the Assault fender for a long time other than the brace breaking after repairing bracket 3 times I have not got around to building the new bracket. We already have one installed. So the fender is just laying in the play room

Hence the DIY fix. Cut off that welded on hanger, trim the third pipe section and install new clamp on hanger.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• mines a 17 SLR. Exhaust only has one year so its the newer ones (i assume). Here is a pic

Yes it is a newer version. No trans mount swap needed for you. THAT'S a BONUS!! If you get it all snugged up and find issues rubbing the rear tire, I'll link you to the fix. It is rare you will need it having a newer version. Good luck.

I found with the 2" exhaust that I loved the sound without baffles installed for short around town runs and car meets. But for 5+ hour distance runs, I chopped the baffles down to one inch and that was the trick. Reduced the sound by 20% and made it bearable. I never got an exhaust drone with either configuration.

For the record, my setup was cat-less and that is significantly louder that a WP dual rear with cat in line.

The version in your picture would retain the cat if I am not mistaken. If you attempt to punch out your cat in the garage... please note it is not a simple task. The guts are made of titanium and is tough to get freed from the walls.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Well you could ride over and we could put on the exhaust. Long as you don’t bring any corona with ya. Miami is a hotbed. It would take an hour to cool down after you got here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Well you could ride over and we could put on the exhaust. Long as you don’t bring any corona with ya. Miami is a hotbed. It would take an hour to cool down after you got here though.

WRENCH DAY at WingShot 'S house. WOOT!!! You're on it man... I love how most forget cool down time required. :D

• According to SlingSC this one is the catless version? I really like it much better to be catless since i want it to be more aggresive. How easy are the baffles to put in and out? Just push in and remove etc?

• According to SlingSC this one is the catless version? I really like it much better to be catless since i want it to be more aggresive. How easy are the baffles to put in and out? Just push in and remove etc?

it may be cat-less. I don’t have a reference here to verify a non boosted application. The baffles are installed by a single Allen head screw. They never came loose on me either... now that I am running a 2.5” with turbo it is extremely quiet and I gave away the baffles. You got a great deal on that exhaust man.

i really might consider this! Ill bring the cuban food, cigars and rum!

• it may be cat-less. I don’t have a reference here to verify a non boosted application. The baffles are installed by a single Allen head screw. They never came loose on me either... now that I am running a 2.5” with turbo it is extremely quiet and I gave away the baffles. You got a great deal on that exhaust man.

A turbo will really quiet it down.