Welter Rear Dual Performance exhaust on the way

• Been looking for this baby to pop up for a while. Bought it used for a fantastic price. Can’t wait to receive and install it this weekend. This is by far what i think is the best looking/sounding exhaust on the market

• The exhaust was actually our first mod. I did not do it myself! I do the appearance mods myself, but I leave the mechanical and electrical ones to the pros. (Well, I did the steering wheel myself. I guess that counts a mechanical.)

It definitely lowered the heat in the cabin! And, the sound when you go through a tunnel will put a huge smile on your face!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Probably should have blurred my license plate, huh? I can trust you guys, right?

Lol no worries! The only thing you can’t trust this forum for is saving you money! Quick question, i’ve noticed that some Exhausts have the side WP decals in red/white on the tips while others (like yours) do not. Do they come with the decals included in the package as optional ? Would really like to add the decals on the tips. See this pic

• I pulled the decals off of mine, why would you even leave them on. I also polished that last section of (Y) pipe and the exhaust tips, it took me around 8 hours to polish on a COLD winter day. Mine were some of the first installed in Maggie Valley by Jeff. The next day I talked to a couple that did not have the inserts installed and they said that after riding all day that they were too loud.

• I pulled the decals off of mine, why would you even leave them on. I also polished that last section of (Y) pipe and the exhaust tips, it took me around 8 hours to polish on a COLD winter day. Mine were some of the first installed in Maggie Valley by Jeff. The next day I talked to a couple that did not have the inserts installed and they said that after riding all day that they were too loud.

i wont lie i like the look of it with them decals on 👀. Im gonna try them without the db inserts first then if its too loud ill put them on. Really im more into aggresive sound so i think i’ll prefer without it.

• [quote='FunCycle','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8993-welter-rear-dual-performance-exhaust-on-the-way/&postID=300885#post300885']

I pulled the decals off of mine, why would you even leave them on. I also polished that last section of (Y) pipe and the exhaust tips, it took me around 8 hours to polish on a COLD winter day. Mine were some of the first installed in Maggie Valley by Jeff. The next day I talked to a couple that did not have the inserts installed and they said that after riding all day that they were too loud.

[/quote]

Got a picture of what that looked like post-polish? Might have to do the tips!

• Lol no worries! The only thing you can’t trust this forum for is saving you money! Quick question, i’ve noticed that some Exhausts have the side WP decals in red/white on the tips while others (like yours) do not. Do they come with the decals included in the package as optional ? Would really like to add the decals on the tips. See this pic

They are optional and come with them new. If you don't have them, I'd expect Welter/TD to send you some, it's free advertising for them.

Did you go with the 2 inch or 2.5 inch exhaust? The 2 is easier to install, no transmission mount fun. The hardest part of the install is getting it all routed down the tunnel correctly. The water pipe relocation plate is a bit tricky, it's hard to get in there to move it. Getting the old muffler out is challenging as well. I took my whole side off when I did mine, but Joey showed me that you can just remove the front half of the bolts, back to about the seat, and pry the side away enough to get the muffler out.

My advice, put a bit of lube on the pipes before inserting, makes it much easier to insert and move/adjust as needed. Don't put the clamps on until you get all of the pipes routed and where you want them, including the y-pipe.

I did my 2.5" install by myself, took about 8 hours, due to the learning curve. It was my 2nd big mod after I bought it, so was still learning the slingshot.

• Lol no worries! The only thing you can’t trust this forum for is saving you money! Quick question, i’ve noticed that some Exhausts have the side WP decals in red/white on the tips while others (like yours) do not. Do they come with the decals included in the package as optional ? Would really like to add the decals on the tips. See this pic

Depending on the age of the exhaust, some have the "WP" logo and the newer sets have a twist logo sticker.