New 2020 is home. Ride command is busted though

• Just got our Miami Blue SS-R yesterday with Auto drive. So far really enjoying the auto. It joins our 2018 SLR LE. The wife is loving driving the auto and I quite enjoy it to.

Any 2020 owners here? We are having lots of issues with the new ride command. It basically doesn’t work. At all.

As soon as we plug our phone in the screen freezes. None of the SS app screens will load up and pairing with Bluetooth is all but impossible with either of our iPhones. Just a few min ago I got Bluetooth to stream but the screen said connect to a device and shows nothing connected but music was coming out of the speakers.

The USB worked for about an hour now it quit all together. It charges but says connect usb on the screen and nothing happens. Anytime we would plug in the atereo just locks up and is essentially useless.

it’s so bad I have to think our unit is just broken. There is no way something that blatantly busted is that way across all units.

it’s a real bummer all my other stereos worked great! This one is awful.

the rest of it is fantastic. It rides and drives light years better then previous gens, and I’ve owned all of them. The steering is a treat, auto is interesting lol. They have room for improvement but if you don’t want a stick it’s good for that. It is fun to drive. Motor pulls good and revs high. Handling is excellent. the lights up front look wicked at night! If they can fix ride command it’ll be perfect.

already ordered parts lol. Wing, windshield, mats, etc

2023 Graphite Blue R Manual

2022 Tesla Mode 3 Performance

2020 Toyota Supra MK5 - way to many mods

2022 Harley Davidson Apex Road King

• No pic? Not believing it... lol 😋

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• The rest of the SS is basically the same. Obviously no motor stuff works. Nothing on the front end either. But the floor setup is the same. Roll bars same and windshields are the same and that’s what I got.

As for music I have iTunes subscription which works on my iPhone so No usb for me. Besides it is supposed to work so I’ll take it back to the dealer.

Trying to do an update first.

• Well negative on the 2020 update I'm going to assume it has the latest already and either the dealer will have to reload it or replace the head unit. Even the Bluetooth is weird instead of coming up slingshot or ride command like my others did it says "unknown unknown 6652 A" which makes no sense at all, 'es muey broken LOL.

On a bright note I at least have the latest update for the 2018 so I'm gonna go do that and pray I don't brick the head unit, something I've heard happening. Fingers crossed...

• Now I am really jealous, I still don't know when my ordered 2020 R, Miami Blue standard will come in. All of your observations about the ride I agree with. When we drove them in Daytona both were great. My wife wants to replace the steering on her 2017 LE with the new stuff. The parts you ordered should fit, I am going to put my F4 +5 windshield on and will get the gen 2 floor mats also. The top is another problem. I want another Gulwing but in Miami Blue, they can't tell me when.

I hope the update works on the ride command. Have you played around with the driving options on your displays? Please keep us informed on your ride. ENJOY!!

Jamesgn

• I'm still working on what info I want on the different displays. The new version of ride command is cool, if mine wasn't busted I'd like it more. Drag and drop. 1 more widget on the screen is now available and way more data is available on the main display in the dash. It's a little busy to be fair but I like having info. Temps, fuel, etc. Oh it seems the damn dash and ride command are finally working together, unlike my 2018 where the trips are different, time, etc and nothing is sync'd up between dash and ride command.

Off to update the 2018. 2020 has to go back Tuesday anyway to get the pin setup so I'll have them see if they can reload the software otherwise its probably gonna be a new head unit.

Oh that's another cool option. PIN to start it up if your fob dies and when you get in and hit the brake everything turns on. The fob is nice. Also added security system which is also nice

• Well another strike out. Put the new file on the Polaris USB drive, plugged into my 2018 and........ Nothing. Can't find the file. So looks like the dealer will have to do that one too.

• I'm jealous also since I ordered the 2020 R Miami Blue 5speed, but I already knew that the Autodrives were first on the assembly line !!

Just happy they are finally being delivered and Ours will be next, and the sooner the better!!!

• I'm jealous also since I ordered the 2020 R Miami Blue 5speed, but I already knew that the Autodrives were first on the assembly line !!

Just happy they are finally being delivered and Ours will be next, and the sooner the better!!!

I guess we are in the same boat, but I didn't know the 5 speeds would be built last.

One thing I am working on is getting things ready for my first oil change, yea I know a little early, Hear is what I have found out.

The 2020 requires 5W50 oil, which is a little hard to get. Polaris 5W50 sells for 11.99 a QT. Amsoil sells theirs for $10.00 and even cheaper by the case. I am going to get some soon as I do all my own oil changes. The oil filter is another matter. As soon as I can get my hands on one for the 2020 I will match up or cross reference the PN to find one. I really hate to pay those Polaris prices if I don't have too and no it will not be a Fram.

Please keep us posted on when you get yours.

Jamesgn

• Yes, , jamesgn as soon as I get my email from Polaris they are shipping I will let you know, but I received an email yesterday that the factory is having to shut down this week for just a week unless something changes??

Thankfully most dealerships are trying to stay open !!

• Yea they have to do an update but nobody has the right equipment to do it.

However I did find a workaround. I had to go thru about 3 different cables but I got one that works. The screens will still take forever to load and you can't use the controls but if you hit play it'll play through and you can use the volume control. Eventually it will load but it takes forever.

Also don't have more than 1 BT device. Delete them all and only put one.

The other driver ride command screens will also take forever to load. A workaround for that is to take the radio widget off the screens put anything else on but that. If you hit the nav button the map will show then hit the button to show the ride command widgets and they will load up.

Eventually the radio screen will load and you can see your tracks but it takes forever. I think it's indexing all the music on your phone every time you plug in.