Backwards thinking Boeing

• this guy deserves the firing squad.....

he is scheduled to get a 7 million dollar bonus to get the Max airplane back in service....it should be if he doesn’t get it back on line he should pay them 7 million....can anyone explain a halfway good reason he’s still CEO?

his bonus is just more incentive to ignore more rules and safety precautions....he gets a bonus if he succeeds or if he fails....I should have paid more attention in school..

And the classic line....can you bail us out for killing people...

https://www.bizjournals.com/se…html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

• David Calhoun the current CEO was recently appointed as CEO January 2020. Dennis Muilenburg was the former CEO of Boeing. He was fired after the two 737 max accidents and failure to make significant progress in bringing the aircraft up to safety standards and into production.

Boeing MUST get this aircraft correct in every way. If they do not the very existence on the company is at stake. Hopefully this summer, it's a big drag on the stock market but if they get it wrong its disaster. They know it and its a must to survive.

Dennis A. Muilenburg (born 1964) is an American business executive, and the former president and chief executive officer (CEO) of The Boeing Company, a multinational aerospace and defense company. He was CEO from July 2015 until December 23, 2019, when he was fired after the aftermath of the two crashes of the 737 MAX[1][2].

David L. Calhoun (born April 18, 1957) is an American businessman and former chairman of The Boeing Company. Calhoun was appointed president and CEO-designate of Boeing on December 23, 2019, and assumed the president and CEO role on January 13, 2020.[1][2]
    He was appointed after the former CEO,
    Dennis Muilenburg, resigned amidst safety issues regarding the Boeing 737-MAX after two fatal crashes occurred.

• I am sorry, Bigdog, but I do not recall anything that you have successfully designed and marketed, especially something as complex as a modern airliner? In many ways this country, in fact, the world, is indebted to Boeing for its contributions to aviation. Would you please refresh my memory so I can make a proper assessment of your expertise in criticizing a company that has been a leader at the forefront of aircraft design for over a century? I would be really embarrassed if I were to come right out and call you an ass and then have to retract it?

Bill

• I am sorry, Bigdog, but I do not recall anything that you have successfully designed and marketed, especially something as complex as a modern airliner? In many ways this country, in fact, the world, is indebted to Boeing for its contributions to aviation. Would you please refresh my memory so I can make a proper assessment of your expertise in criticizing a company that has been a leader at the forefront of aircraft design for over a century? I would not be really embarrassed if I were to come right out and call you an ass and then have to retract it?

Bill

Fixed that last sentence, rest of the paragraph was fine.

Hate dangling participants. ----Ms. Abrahams

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I am sorry, Bigdog, but I do not recall anything that you have successfully designed and marketed, especially something as complex as a modern airliner? In many ways this country, in fact, the world, is indebted to Boeing for its contributions to aviation. Would you please refresh my memory so I can make a proper assessment of your expertise in criticizing a company that has been a leader at the forefront of aircraft design for over a century? I would be really embarrassed if I were to come right out and call you an ass and then have to retract it?

Bill

I apologize for killing the wrong guy...what happens next will determine how I feel about the new guy...And I’m sure the old CEO isn’t the only one that should be hung. There is a long line of liar underlings.

I used to be a maintainence Welder in a steel mill and I’ve welded everything from the basement to the top of the building....including a 250 ton over head hot metal crane, continuous caster, transfer ladles, teeming ladles, BOF furnaces, railroad rails, electric and induction furnaces, fabrication, new construction, acid piping, blooming mill, finishing mills, reheat furnaces, strip mill, pollution bag houses, ductwork, shot blasters, acid tubs, oil cellars, rafters, conveyer belts, railroad cars, trucks, coilers, coil haulers, hand railing and and many other highly critical items. Did brass, cast iron, copper, stainless steel welding. I had to go into furnaces right after they tapped 3000 degree steel to weld cooling water leaks. With precautions.

I also ignored (many times) foremen and department managers that wanted me to put a bandaid weld on something just so they could get back on line fast. I made the final decision on how I was going to fix the problem. Because if something went wrong they would want to hang me. I took pride on my work and also made sure everything I did was the best I could do. My thing was doing it right the first time because I didn’t want to do double work. Most of the time the jobs were hot and dirty in cramped positions. Lives depended on it. Not an airplane but people could still die from my failure to do it correctly.

I’m sure they were many talented craftsmen working on the MAX that probably want to kill that CEO. He destroyed their reputations. Killed their enthusiasm and moral. Been there done that...Blamed everyone but him.

My lack of patents doesn’t mean I can’t see the crap they pulled. It’s pretty obvious.

the old Boeing from years ago before corporate greed dictated the majority of businesses practices was great..... the new Boeing deliberately has blood on their hands....no excuse and no hiding that fact.

they ignored their own engineers that repeatedly tried to get this plane grounded ...pure greed trying to sidestep the FAA. NEGLIGENCE

Tried to save money on pilot retraining by “forgetting” to include the info on the new flight system in the manual. NEGLIGENCE

They knew what caused the first crash and didn’t ground the fleet. NEGLIGENCE

They knew all the pilots needed simulator time for the new system. NEGLIGENCE

They basically bribed the FAA. CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE

I’m sure there were other things that have slipped my mind at this moment.

anybody that doesn’t think they were negligent is a NEGLIGENT ASS

• Many of the issues being stated against Boeing are oversimplifications brought about by a press with little understanding of all things aviation coupled with politics.

The association with the FAA and the in company designees are normal procedures for the FAA and not exclusive to Boeing. Even General aviation is full of independent designated examiners, designated airworthiness reps and Authorized inspectors. It's the way they work via managed delegation and it's made for the safest system in the world.

Boeing engineers meant for the new auto-trim system to be a work in the background system with the thought process that any trim system can fail and that pilots normally know how to deal with it. Unfortunately, aircraft have become so highly automated that newer pilots sometimes lack basic flying skills, especially with less detailed training in some foreign carriers.

IMO, a lot of folks have an innate need to be able to place blame squarely at a specific place. This way they can then be less apprehensive about the "fix".

In this case the fix isn't just Boeing, we need to address the outdated certification process as well as new pilot training to enhance basic stick and rudder skills.

Running a negative diatribe on the internet simply adds to the uncertainty of the Max ever being certified again. No one in the government will ever sign it off if the general public thinks like BD does. As it stands now, the basic problem has been long since been fixed BUT since no wants to have their name or department on the approval, they keep coming up with oddball issues, some of which exist on current flying aircraft of similar type.

Our country, the FAA and the airline industry have done an excellent job making us safe in the skies but it will never been 100% (watch some Air Disaster episodes). Even taking a shower doesn't have a 100% safety factor.