Knock Sensor....Again

• Had knock sensor replaced about 3 months ago at dealer (under warranty). My 5 year warranty expired last month and I popped the knock sensor code again yesterday. Ordered a new sensor from Amazon and have already removed the recently replaced one pending arrival of the new one tomorrow.

I'm a bit worried that there's another underlying problem. (the connector seems fine)

Why are there so many knocks sensor problems on Slings?? Don't seem to have that issue on other GM 2.4 vehicles?

Are Slings with a Bob tune more susceptible due to further advance?

For those that have had multiple knock sensor failures, what was the final resolution?

thx for any insight

• Never had a knock sensor code, 93,000 miles with Bob's tune

• Knock could have occurred.

Bikes coming up out of winter storage, old gas.

People didn't plan on parking it for three months...

Didn't drain the tank or add fuel stabilzer.

Check connector at knock sensor.

Oxidized or loose.

Off the top of my head... 65551 code.

Believe this to be one of those codes that will not clear without dealer Digital Wrench intervention.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• If it is in fact another bad sensor, it should be covered by Polaris. A new part has to have at least a 90 warranty if not a full year. It might be worth checking with your dealer to see what they have to say

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• If it is in fact another bad sensor, it should be covered by Polaris. A new part has to have at least a 90 warranty if not a full year. It might be worth checking with your dealer to see what they have to say

Probably true but a bit of a hassle going back to them. The part is cheap ($16) and last time I had mentioned that I thought my putting in 4 gallons of 89 octane non ethanol (left over hurricane gas) might have caused problem ( I always use 93--Bob Tune). I initially went there just to get code cleared, which they did for free, and told them the above. Several days later code popped again and they remembered my prior admission and wanted to charge me for sensor replacement. I logically explained that I had drained all fuel after first code and it shouldn't have recurred. Thankfully they agreed with me.

For those who need to do this themselves, there is no way to get at it from bottom (I tried). Intake manifold needs to come off. Not difficult but a bit of a knuckle scraper. The clean hole on the bottom right is where the knock sensor goes. Also, there's a test you can do to see if the circuits are functioning correctly. Just put the positive tip of a multimeter into one of the sensor plug holes and the negative tip to a ground (Ignition switch on) and record the reading, do the same with the other terminal. If the voltages fall into the ranges from the repair manual (below), you're good to go.

• One update to the above worth mentioning is that if you do the voltage test above you have to reconnect the battery and turn the ignition switch on. Doing this with other sensors unplugged will cause numerous trouble codes to pop up after the job is complete. A few trips and they will all go away except for the 65551 knock sensor code which must be removed by a dealer with digital wrench.