Corona Virus

• John Hopkins Dr says the herd immunity will be done by April for you worry warts who believe the media and the danger of a 99.6 percent survival rate flu.

So a 99.6% survival rate means 4 people of every 1,000 exposed die, one person for every 250 people exposed. While that doesn't sound like much let's run some numbers.

Today the US Population is 328M. Assume half are eventually exposed, as it is highly transmissible, that means 164M people. Now if one in every 250 of those die we'll eventually see 656K deaths. Almost exactly a year after the first US Covid-19 death and today we crossed the 500K death toll line, so eventually seeing 656K is not reasonable.

In any given year the US Population loses between 12K and 60K people to the flu, data since 2010 (CDC). Let's average that and say 36K/year. Again assuming half the population is exposed, that's a 99.98% survival rate or one person in every 5,000 exposed dies.

Yeah, Covid-19 is just another flu that happens to be 20X more deadly, oh wait, we should take into account that this number reflects all the mask-wearing, shutdowns, self-imposed isolation, etc... that we've all been living the past year, so what's there to worry about. I mean it's not like it's an airborne version of Ebola with a 17% survival rate.

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

Edited once, last by dewman ().

• Where is the 99.6 coming from... everything I read says about a 3% death rate... for the US.

Toial Cases 28,768,564

Cases which had an outcome:
    18,993,422 (97%)Recovered / Discharged

511,637 (3%)Deaths

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Where is the 99.6 coming from... everything I read says about a 3% death rate... for the US.

Toial Cases 28,768,564

Cases which had an outcome:
    18,993,422 (97%)Recovered / Discharged

511,637 (3%)Deaths

billythekidd you are correct, it is actually 3.4%, so working backward from the 499K deaths this would mean 14.7M people contracted the virus or about 4.5% of the US population thus far has had Covid-19.

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• it is actually 3.4%, so working backward from the 499K deaths this would mean 14.7M people contracted the virus or about 4.5% of the US population thus far has had Covid-19.

Soooooo... someone far brighter than I am- Please step in....

4.5% of the US population has had it, and theoretically has resistance that lasts for some undefined length of time. As of today's numbers, 13.9% of Americans have been vaccinated. And they are expecting herd immunity in April???? Are the people postulating on this date the same ones who told us it would not spread to America, it was not air-born transmission person to person, masks were unnecessary, and we should all go out to eat and party in SF's China town?

• Soooooo... someone far brighter than I am- Please step in....

4.5% of the US population has had it, and theoretically has resistance that lasts for some undefined length of time. As of today's numbers, 13.9% of Americans have been vaccinated. And they are expecting herd immunity in April???? Are the people postulating on this date the same ones who told us it would not spread to America, it was not air-born transmission person to person, masks were unnecessary, and we should all go out to eat and party in SF's China town?

No... Trump's gone.

clown-squared

• Another fine job by liberal NJ and Gov. Murphey putting it's taxpayers last. I'm 58, and hoping to visit my parents in a nursing facility (got a call today my dad fell and busted up his face real bad). Today I had a burst of hope as NJ announced it's new expanded list of eligibility. I open it up and not to my surprise NJ does this crap. I'm not on the next phase either.

The expansion will be split into two waves over the next month, Gov. Phil Murphy said Monday.

The first group, outlined below, will become eligible March 15.

• Some of you bring up good points regarding masks... So my wife and I have planned, and will try to convince others...

I have a duty to protect my family from the heavy hand of government. Diapers limit my baby’s constitutional right to free expression.

Once that excrement leaves his body, he’s not responsible for it anymore, and I shouldn’t have to be either. If you don’t want to touch it, just stay home.

Every time he pees, the diaper gets filled up with disgusting germs, and he just sits in it for hours on end. Research shows that wearing a diaper significantly increases his likelihood of contracting a diaper rash or urinary tract infection. He should not be asked to sacrifice his health and comfort just because you are afraid of a little urine.

He likes a fresh breeze around his newly powdered privates, and diapers make him feel sweaty and restrict his movement.

Sometimes his diaper leaks. Since I can’t rely on it to hold in 100% of the problem, why should I even bother?

Fecal-oral disease transmission is not that likely. And he’s probably not sick anyway. If you are concerned, wash your hands and don’t eat his poop.

We will continue our morning routine of playing at the park. As a public venue, we have just as much right to be there as you do. If you are bothered by the damp swings and a little poop down the slides, just put a diaper on your own baby and pack your gloves and Clorox wipes.

Your health is your responsibility, and my health is mine.

Of course, if you are worried about encountering bodily discharge in public, I won’t stop you from diapering your own baby. That’s your choice. But my freedom to decide what my family will — or won’t — wear shouldn’t be limited by your fears.

Store employees might complain and ask for him to be diapered. The store should be regularly cleaned anyway, so the trail of pee down the aisle should be taken care of soon. Isn’t that what the employees are paid to do?

But just in case there’s a problem, I printed up a card that says my son can’t wear a diaper for medical reasons and the ADA says they have to let us in.

We are not sheeple, ami right Bigdog? We are all adults who can make our own decisions about what we want to be exposed to. So if you want to keep diapering your babies, wearing masks and gloves, and carrying bleach everywhere you go, that’s your choice. I can’t and won’t live like that anymore.

I'm free baby! I'm with y'all antimaskers!

• FINALLY!!! THE AZ DICTATOR REALIZES I WAS RIGHT! MASKS DO NOTHING!!!!! NO MORE COVID BULLSHIT IN AZ!!!!!

https://apnews.com/article/ari…9daf57d3bf791ae3224330d82

Awesome!! People should notice no increase in death rates in Florida and Texas. No one is telling you scarred people you must go out in public. If you are totally scarred by all means hide at home.

NEVER WORE A MASK AT ALL. AND I NEVER WILL!!! Someone will have to prove they stop a flu and they never ever have.

• Well, here in Texas, San Antonio and most major cities, the masks are still required... National chains are keeping them for the most part, but local business did as well, even school districts. So just like Biden might say something and no one cares, same goes for the governors...

I'm with you though! I think masks are like diapers for babies. Nobody really gets sick from baby pee or poop. So my baby shouldn't have to wear a diaper. They should be free to pee and poop on you. If you're disgusted by it, stay home!

• When you non mask wears have to go in for surgery then would it be alright if the surgent and the rest of the OR Staff didn't wear mask also? Don't get me wrong I don't like wearing them but will if asked to if it is only to make someone else feel better about it.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Well, here in Texas, San Antonio and most major cities, the masks are still required... National chains are keeping them for the most part, but local business did as well, even school districts. So just like Biden might say something and no one cares, same goes for the governors...

I'm with you though! I think masks are like diapers for babies. Nobody really gets sick from baby pee or poop. So my baby shouldn't have to wear a diaper. They should be free to pee and poop on you. If you're disgusted by it, stay home!

There will be idiots. The number of idiots in the world in the last 5 years has increased exponentially. Nothing can be done, but I will continue to take my business to the places I have been that have allowed me to. Communism will overtake the USA sooner than latter I am just hoping it will wait long enough for me to full enjoy my retirement.