Corona Virus

At risk of ending up in the Dog house something strange is going on.

Johns Hopkins directly supplies the information posted on the Florida Covid data and surveillance dashboard which updates twice a day. It has always been comprehensive with new cases, breakdowns of who, from where, what age group, resident or not, as well as hospitalizations, recoveries, and deaths along with a health metrics graph.

A couple weeks ago they stopped listing recovered cases ... then a couple days ago stopped listing new hospitalizations, now they stopped listing deaths .. all the dashboard now shows is new cases. You can still pull up a color map of cases by zip code that shows the migrant worker communities and much to the medias surprise the major metropolitan areas that allowed mass protests as our new hot spots.

I find it really, really strange that they are now intentionally restricting the information they are posting to what I consider (while important) the least important metric. Now this is not information from the Feds, or the State, but from a private resource that many across the country use for planning.

.......... :/

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• everything is a conspiracy......take the red pill.....

• Hell, if it's on the internet, it HAS to be right 8)8)8)

yes if you only search for and believe one source....but I look for multiple sources and I sift through the information....and I have been connecting the dots for 20 years.....there are undeniable facts out there.....doing a 10 minute search isn’t my idea of fact gathering. And I just don’t make up my mind in 10 minutes...most of you have done so in much less time....so question your thinking....on what information have you actually examined.....My guess is none...I at least like to get some accurate information before I call BS....do a quick search of weather modification patents......check out H.A.A.R.P.....and don’t believe the governments explanation.....just like They told us UFOs are all swamp gas, weather balloons or Venus....with no other explanation

• Internet screwed my response here....

See below.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Edited once, last by airoutlaw: Signal fail. ().

• Really think about your post. The CDC originally said don't wear a mask. They knowingly put one group of citizens at greater risk of death to protect another group. They decided to mislead the general public to protect the medical community. That included essential workers who weren't in healthcare. How many of those early deaths were directly the result of being told not to wear masks?

• Sorry about that blue line interruption.

Well, its a blue line interruption in my default forum setting...

It overrides the conspiracy crap.

Back to Orangeman ...

Eminent domain.

Play ball boys...

Trump said he has no problem with the use of that law.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Really think about your post. The CDC originally said don't wear a mask. They knowingly put one group of citizens at greater risk of death to protect another group. They decided to mislead the general public to protect the medical community. That included essential workers who weren't in healthcare. How many of those early deaths were directly the result of being told not to wear masks?

If you look back through the media, you will see all the stuff that was said about the virus that was so wrong... Like Pelosi standing in China town saying come on down... All of them were full of shit. The CDC and the WHO were both failures in this mess. At the time the CDC was saying not to wear masks even China was saying... big mistake not to wear a mask... Oh well.. here we are...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• If you look back through the media, you will see all the stuff that was said about the virus that was so wrong... Like Pelosi standing in China town saying come on down... All of them were full of shit. The CDC and the WHO were both failures in this mess. At the time the CDC was saying not to wear masks even China was saying... big mistake not to wear a mask... Oh well.. here we are...

you don’t get it yet.... it was done on purpose so the virus would spread more. And it worked. Supposedly.

We are getting closer to the election. They want you to vote from home. They just issued a everyone must wear a mask in public or be fined and they just closed bars and restaurants again for a week.

and it’s mainly directed toward young people. I’m in a Democrat controlled state.

• you don’t get it yet.... it was done on purpose so the virus would spread more. And it worked. Supposedly.

We are getting closer to the election. They want you to vote from home. They just issued a everyone must wear a mask in public or be fined and they just closed bars and restaurants again for a week.

and it’s mainly directed toward young people. I’m in a Democrat controlled state.

So - a question - If you really believe that your own country would kill its own people here in the U.S. to advance their own political agenda - - - why are you still here?

If you truly believe this why wouldn't you move to a different place?

I know the U.S. isnt perfect, but I don't believe either political party would intentionally kill U.S. citizens living in the U.S. just to have more political power - - - lots of things are very F'ed up but if I truly thought they were that F'ed up I would be out of here

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I believe that the message has be transmitted and received by those folks that have enough common sense to listen with an open mind where not wearing a mask may very well mean death to some one who unfortunately comes in contact with them. Those that really care will wear a mask to protect themselves, their families and whomever they may happen to come into close contact with. The few folk that obviously do not give a damn about anybody else but themselves, still arguing this issue, simply are going to continue to argue just for the sake of arguing. Sad! :(

Bill

• you don’t get it yet.... it was done on purpose so the virus would spread more. And it worked. Supposedly.

Dude, whatever it is that you are drinking of smoking.. put it down... In Colorado we have been voting from home since 2013... some bars here closed but not restaurants... Whatever it is that I am not getting... If it sounds anything like what I quoted, I do not want it...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I believe that the message has be transmitted and received by those folks that have enough common sense to listen with an open mind where not wearing a mask may very well mean death to some one who unfortunately comes in contact with them. Those that really care will wear a mask to protect themselves, their families and whomever they may happen to come into close contact with. The few folk that obviously do not give a damn about anybody else but themselves, still arguing this issue, simply are going to continue to argue just for the sake of arguing. Sad! :(

Bill

just a matter of - - - - - -

• as a side note - You got to love this sign that is in the window of Antique Sugar a vintage shop in Arizona

Eb4oNaTUMAApc_c?format=png&name=small

ouch!

• If I were to find out that I have possibly transmitted the virus to somebody in a situation where I was not wearing a mask, and died, I would be devastated. But then, I guess this is just showing my personal weakness, they still probably would have caught it from somebody else, right? :(

Oh, and talking with one of my patients yesterday where she shared that most of the employees where she worked got together and decided to voluntarily all wear a mask, that is, all but two. Well, one of those two became ill with the virus and then everybody in the office was checked. Only one other person checked positive!

Bill

My estimate is that about 30% of those with masks on, are not wearing them properly (not over nose). And likely 90% (maybe more) continually touch their masks without disinfecting their hands immediately. It defeats the entire purpose of capturing your spittle if you subsequently handle it and touch objects that others can touch.

It's nice to assume that wearing your mask protects everyone you come in contact with, but the fact remains that you can still transmit the virus, and you defeat much of the benefit of the mask if you touch it without sanitizing your hand immediately afterwards.

• My estimate is that about 30% of those with masks on, are not wearing them properly (not over nose). And likely 90% (maybe more) continually touch their masks without disinfecting their hands immediately. It defeats the entire purpose of capturing your spittle if you subsequently handle it and touch objects that others can touch.

It's nice to assume that wearing your mask protects everyone you come in contact with, but the fact remains that you can still transmit the virus, and you defeat much of the benefit of the mask if you touch it without sanitizing your hand immediately afterwards.

true but the argument or at least my train of thought is that any % of "less" spreading is better than nothing.

Again the goal is not to prevent total spreading of the virus but to reduce the amount of people that get infected at once..... we don't want another Italy where there was no room in hospitals and people died due to lack of medical attention(many complete unrelated to corona), people that would have survived had the hospitals not be overwhelmed.

I am a gun loving, NRA member, anti tree hugger conservative and in my short 37 years I have never been so ashamed of my political party as I am now due to the idiotic behavior that many are displaying, how hard is it to differentiate between common sense and "political agenda", yeah it could all be a hoax by the lefties but wouldn't we rather err on the side of caution?

But again I am also someone who up to date has lost 50 people in one way or another to this crap so if me wearing a god damn mask when in public and among strangers,carrying a little bottle of spray alcohol to sanitize my hands after I touch anything will help slow it down.... why not.

Once this is all over I rather my inconvenience of wearing mask and so on turns into a joke story to tell among friends vs the alternative of me regretting not doing so and lamenting losing even more loved ones.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.