Corona Virus

• Glad some on here are finally coming around now that our CIC and VP are stating to wear mask... Guess this thing is real after all... 🙄

Yeah, it's been real as the flu all along but I still ain't wearing a mask. Everyone should do what "they" feel is right for their situation.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Yeah, it's been real as the flu all along but I still ain't wearing a mask. Everyone should do what "they" feel is right for their situation.

I am with you on that sir. I won't wear a mask either. I came home from China in December with the WuHan Democrat Virus - lived thru it and haven't looked back..time for a new challenge

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I can't find a definitive answer to this question. Are the covid numbers based on positive tests or individuals who have tested positive? If the CDC reports ten cases could that number reflect five people who have tested positive twice?

• There has been so much disinformation from the CDC and everyone else on this virus that most folks myslef included have "0%" confidence in anything that is reported. When a virus gets so advanced that it knows the difference in folks rioting and folks lounging on a beach then I think it's a hopeless case. We may as well go about our daily lives and let it do what it does and hope we are not in that .002 precent that die with it.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I can't find a definitive answer to this question. Are the covid numbers based on positive tests or individuals who have tested positive? If the CDC reports ten cases could that number reflect five people who have tested positive twice?

number of people testing doesnt really matter that much to me - - what does matter is that here in the valley where I live after things started opening back up our hospital ICU beds have started filling up and they are now at 99% capacity - - - - thats not good and that did not happen or even come close to happening before now

also just for fun something to think about - - - in my life (long before this virus) I have often heard people say "Im not worried about that - when its my time its my time" now I have to say that I do agree that we all have a "time" and there is nothing we can do to change that, but that doesnt mean we cant change the quality of our life from now until its "our time" - - - doing something risky may not kill you if its not yet "your time" but it could put you in a wheelchair for the next 20 years until it is "your time" or perhaps with damaged lungs that limit your mobility until its "your time"

anyway my point is when we are thinking that "when its my time its my time" it is not just a black & white option of life or death - - there are an endless list of other options that could make your life suck long before you get to the death part or "your time"

just something to think about - - - just because it doesn't kill you doesn't mean it won't make you wish it had =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• You mean like thsoe first couple marriages????

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• We are simply talking about risk. Everything comes with a risk that may or may not be limited or eliminated. I'd say there's more risk riding a motorcycle than being killed or debilitated by covid-19. I think the risk from this virus is being inflated for political gain.

Edited once, last by Red ().

• We are simply talking about risk. Everything comes with a risk that may or may not be limited or eliminated. I'd say there's more risk riding a motorcycle than being killed or debilitated by covid-19. I think the disk from this virus is being inflated for political gain.

The problem I have with this thinking is that too me it seems like you are only thinking about yourself - - - now I dont mean that personally, but when we talk about most things where you take a risk the only person that the risk could hurt is the person taking it

with a virus that there is no vaccine for that has been proven to be highly contagious when a person takes a risk that increases the chance that they might get it they also increase the risk that they will end up spreading it to many other people - - - - from a purely moral perspective do you really think that is okay?

taking a risk that only impacts yourself - who cares? but when you walk around refusing to do something as simple as wearing a face covering you are now forcing your risk on everyone who comes near you - - remember just because you feel great doesn't mean you don't have it and are not spreading it - - fact is most people who are spreading it don't even know it?

So anyway - this is why I do choose to wear a face covering when I cant socially distance - - - its not for me - - its simply out of respect for others

its a free country and I will support your right not to wear a mask, but if you do make that choice I would hope you would stay away form other people who are concerned about this virus - - its a simple matter of respecting others

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I completely agree with this. In 2002 I was lucky enough to get Gullian Barre Syndrome .. Yup a virus... To this day I have lasting effects of this. I was lucky ( I didn't die from it) but spent a month in the hospital and now have numbness in my feet and hands, extreme fatigue and other things I didn't have before the GBS. I think if I get this life will go on or it won't but I know that a lot of people who get this will have lasting effects. If something simple like a mask will keep me from possibly spreading this to another... I am all for it. It is more about my social responsibility than it is about my personal freedom... If you don't want to wear a mask... I am not saying you should... Just consider others in your decisions...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I have grand kids, and an elderly mother and mother-in-law. I'm trying to be as careful as possible, because I don't want to lose them to this and me be the cause of it.

It's that simple, if it was just me, I'd probably be a bit less careful, but I can't take that chance.

To each their own, you can make your own decisions for you and your loved ones.

• Just for the record I'm following the recommendations of distance and a mask when appropriate. I'm also considering the failure of our scientific and medical community in understanding this virus. Six months in and the best thay can come up with is cover your face with anything you want and stay away from people. Everyone complaining about what the politicians are or aren't doing when the PhDs don't know what to do. Best guess and let's do what we did 100 years ago for the Spanish flu.