Corona Virus

• Another little update about my Barbie.

She keeps making progress with her rehabilitation, but it will take time.

I love to take care of her, I just purchase her a new wheelchair with wheelie bars (in Pic is in up position). She went with a PT down our steep staircase and the lady said you better watch out for her that she goes not to fast:):thumbsup:

I will testify to those steep steps - in retrospect it probably was poor judgment for my drunk ass to try and get down those stairs with poor Barbie in front of me to try to keep me from falling. I told her if I go down we are gonna be a big ole mess at the bottom. Didn’t phase her a bit and got me down - she is definitely a keeper my friend !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I will testify to those steep steps - in retrospect it probably was poor judgment for my drunk ass to try and get down those stairs with poor Barbie in front of me to try to keep me from falling. I told her if I go down we are gonna be a big ole mess at the bottom. Didn’t phase her a bit and got me down - she is definitely a keeper my friend !!!

I remember and yes it was fun to watch, and yes my brother you are correct she is a keeper.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Dude, you don't have to put "your" birthday on there... And if one is stupid enough to post their travel plans.... Or anything personal for that matter...Nothing about my kids, graduated, or any of the fear rant you just posted...Come on man... do you live in this century??? These type of rants are on FB also.. they propagate fear... which is what is needed to be controlled. I know one may think they are not controlled because of thoughts like those above, but I submit they are more controlled...

nobody would ever put that stuff Or any Other personal info on their face book page.....ok. ...You never saw any birthday pictures on face book...or graduation pictures or vacation picture s, or retirement pictures....or new house or car pictures... ok I’m an idiot if none of these things were ever posted....by anyone in the world...

they don’t have to post the exact date and year....people can figure out if you posted a happy birthday picture today ....that might mean it’s your birthday...Criminals can figure things pretty quickly.....but don’t mind me I’m paranoid...that’s why I don’t do face page and all the others...

• I did not say make a fake account, I just said alter your personal information

It doesn't matter what you put in the information field, they can still collect more information about you in a day than you think it would be possible in a year.

Once you sign up for facebook it creates a unique ID that follows you everywhere where you see those social media icons, so anywhere where you see the FB logo you are being tracked, so if you think that because you put Sean Smith 55 African American from Quebec in your profile that you are "good" or "protected", I am sorry to say that you couldn't be further away from the truth.

Every time you log on on a different website that FB ID is tracking you and they get to see what the real Ed is doing and they will datamine and use that information to serve their needs, I won't debate whether what they do is good or bad as that is an individual choice and a matter of opinion but don't ever try to portrait facebook(messenger) as it being essential or needed.

The only thing they make that is good in my eyes is "WhatsUp messenger" since it has an end to end encryption and its based on the signal protocol although FB has access to your contacts information but they can't see what you chats,calls,video calls are about since they are 100% encrypted at the device and can't be broken by facebook unlike Messenger which is totally open to facebook, they can see everything you type,say or view in there.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• This is true for any tracking cookie that is on you PC/Mac.. I use the Brave browser and it tells me if and when I am being tracked and allows that not to happen. Almost any time one goes on the internet they are being tracked either by the homepage you use or a site you go to... There is no absolute security.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• This is true for any tracking cookie that is on you PC/Mac.. I use the Brave browser and it tells me if and when I am being tracked and allows that not to happen. Almost any time one goes on the internet they are being tracked either by the homepage you use or a site you go to... There is no absolute security.

Can't compare the two, a cookie track what you do at one given website and it is mostly used to remember website preferences(user name passwood etc) it doesn't track you across websites. Facebook on the other hand creates a unique ID based on several parameters, IP,MAc ID,Browser ID,OS and so on which can track YOU when you visit websites other than facebook as long as these sites have the social media icon(Likes us on facebook) in their site then you are tracked even if you did not use your "facebook" log in in that 3rd party site.

This level of tracking is what lets facebook serve you with so many "relevant" ads of things you might want to buy.
    Again apples and oranges.

• Can't compare the two, a cookie track what you do at one given website and it is mostly used to remember website preferences(user name passwood etc) it doesn't track you across websites. Facebook on the other hand creates a unique ID based on several parameters, IP,MAc ID,Browser ID,OS and so on which can track YOU when you visit websites other than facebook as long as these sites have the social media icon(Likes us on facebook) in their site then you are tracked even if you did not use your "facebook" log in in that 3rd party site.

This level of tracking is what lets facebook serve you with so many "relevant" ads of things you might want to buy.
    Again apples and oranges.

For some reason I do not see the relevant ads you mention. I know other people have spoken about that but I have never seen that. Anyway...

Just thought I would add this... Please, I am not arguing with you just pointing out that most web sites "track" what one does and shares info. I thought the EU had a big law suit regarding this so now when you go to a site that uses "tracking cookies" they are supposed to put a disclaimer on the site and require one to accept that policy.

Tracking cookies are a specialized type of cookie that can be shared by more than one website or service. They are commonly used for legitimate marketing and advertising purposes, but because they contain a history of the user's actions on multiple sites, they may be exploited or misused to track the user's behavior

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Edited once, last by billythekidd ().

• I don't really worry about being tracked on the internet - - if I were sitting at a cafe on my laptop and there were people behind me watching there is nothing I wouldn't do on the computer that I do at home. Seriously I don't go to sites or do things that need to be secret - If I were shopping online I would be careful so that people behind me didnt see the CC number, but thats about it - - - heck, I have always found it interesting that some people are super concerned about entering their CC online yet these very same people do not hesitate to hand that same CC to a total stranger at a restaurant and let them take it out of their sight to bring the bill back - - I dont understand that you will hand your card to a stranger and then let them walk away with it where they are totally free to write down the CC number, expiration date and the security number, but you won't shop online because you are afraid your CC information might get hacked? - - - makes no sense to me, there is risk every time you use a card and even the machine that reads the chip at the market is transmitting that information through a network of computers - the same network that verifies online purchases

and if people want to track what I am interested in or what I buy so that they can send me targeted ads - - I think thats great - - The way I see it I am going to get bombarded with ads one way or the other the sites need the ads to finance their operations and if I am going to get bombarded with ads anyway I would rather that they actually be things I might be interested it and not just random crap.

I guess I just dont give a shit - like some people who white out their license plate whenever they post a picture of their ride - - Why? - - every time you are out riding your plates are hanging out there for the entire world to see yet when you share with people who you want to see your ride you hide it???

perhaps the most sensitive thing I could think of doing would be to apply for a real ID at the DMV. My DL is not yet a Real ID and I was supposed to upgrade my DL to a Real ID before it expires on my B-Day in June - I had it all setup and had filled out the application online and made an appointment to bring in the required documents, but then this COVID crap happened and the DMV closed so I ended up just renewing my DL online without it being a Real ID - I have a passport so until things get back to normal I will just use it if I fly

Anyway I was thinking about what the DMV wants me to bring in to prove who I am to get the Real ID - they want me to bring my Passport, my social security card or a W2 with my social security number on it and 2 utility bills with my name and address on them

Think about that for a second - - - those 4 items contain every single bit of personal information about me that anyone could want to steal my identity - - and I am going to hand them to some DMV government flunky who is going to examine them and copy them and probably scan them into the DMV computer system - - - all together at the same time the most sensitive documents a person could possibly have being copied and scanned by a total stranger - - - - - -and we just do it without even thinking about it - - when my wife got her real ID last February she even had to give them her citizenship certificate of naturalization - - - talk about a desirable document to steal???

Like I said before - - everything about you and me is already out there on the internet EVERYTHING

If you have a Real ID as a drivers license everything needed to prove who you are is just sitting in you States motor vehicle system and on every server that is in the States network, and on every redundant backup and also throughout the federal network that ties into your States system

There is not one single thing about you that anyone could use against you that isnt already out there on the internet, sitting on computers - - - Personally I think the information that every DMV employee in my entire State has access to about me puts me at much higher risk than anything that Facebook might have about me - - - its not even close - - - I also suspect that Facebook employees and security are probably of a much higher moral character than most government lackeys that push paper at the DMV =O=O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I talked to a private detective in the post office a few years back about this same stuff. He told me then, all he needed was one piece of info (your name) and within 30 minutes he could put together your life's story.

• Edward Neal Don't get me wrong, I am all in with a company(Google) tracking me to make my life easier while recommending product to buy that I am interested in, I am not ok with a company tracking me solely for their benefit(facebook).

They don't provide me with anything to off set all the profits that they gain from "me/us" so i choose to avoid them as much as possible, I guess it all comes down to disliking the company parasitic ideology of take take take but never give.

• Edward Neal Don't get me wrong, I am all in with a company(Google) tracking me to make my life easier while recommending product to buy that I am interested in, I am not ok with a company tracking me solely for their benefit(facebook).

They don't provide me with anything to off set all the profits that they gain from "me/us" so i choose to avoid them as much as possible, I guess it all comes down to disliking the company parasitic

ideology of take take take but never give.

It doesnt matter if you are on facebook or not - - Google, Bing, Yandex, DuckDuck Go - - it doesnt matter ALL of the search engines out there share and sell your information and even if you dont use facebook their is still a good chance that they know what you do anyway

anyone who thinks they can keep something private on the internet by restricting what sites the use is fooling themselves - - - if you want to do anything on the internet and not have it out their where in can be found by someone who wants to find it - including facebook or anyone else your only shot might - be if you only use the dark web through one of the special browsers like TOR - - and even then it might be found - - and also just going on the dark web makes everything you do look suspect

Oh and please don't take this the wrong way - if you don't want to use facebook because you dont like their policies I get it, I just dont want anyone to get a false sense of security and think that if they avoid places on the internet like facebook that it means their information is not available to those places - - it is!

Seriously!

• how many times have you been on the phone with someone talking about an item and the next time you use your computer suddenly an ad appears for that exact item...So how Can a phone conversation item turn up on a computer you’re using? Phones and computers aren’t connected....so how is that possible? Or are they somehow connected...or linked to share info...or maybe with or for some financial incentive involved...a quid pro quo for Certain information

• how many times have you been on the phone with someone talking about an item and the next time you use your computer suddenly an ad appears for that exact item...So how Can a phone conversation item turn up on a computer you’re using? Phones and computers aren’t connected....so how is that possible? Or are they somehow connected...or linked to share info...or maybe with or for some financial incentive involved...a quid pro quo for Certain information

well I can not say that I have ever had this happen, but I have to disagree with your assumption that phones and computers are not connected - all of the cell phone system is run by computers and it is tied directly into the landlins system which is also all computerized. Think about it cell phones are digital and you can bet that the signals are processed through computers and for the system to work the cell system has to be able to tie what comes over the airways into the hard wired land line system - - - on top of that once the radio signal leaves the phone it is out there for anyone with the right gear to listen to.

think about this - - You talk into your cell phone, a radio signal is sent out, that signal is out on the airways for anyone to grab, then that signal hits the nearest cell tower where it is then sent through a computer network to either be rebroadcast out a cell tower wherever the receiver is located or it is fed into the network that ties all of the land lines together - - - everything is all tied together and it always has been, just like the days of the party line - the ability to listen in has always been there, its just blocked so that we cant drop in on our neighbors calls like they used to, but that doesnt mean the tech people are blocked or that they cant get around the blocks - - - once the signal is out of your phone its public - there can be no expectation of privacy when you are using a radio to transmit or when you are using a public phone network - - - - - I suspect Flynn could tell you something about how people are always listening :P

• Like we have each of the last several Sundays my wife and I took a Sunday drive just to see what is open and what is not. For the last several weeks a part of that drive has been to cruise through downtown Palm springs, an area that favors foot traffic and before this virus thing was always packed with people walking and sitting on restaurant patios eating. Well as one might expect lately it has been a ghost town with the only sign of activity being signs outside most of the restaurants saying they were open for curbside pickup - well today was a huge change, not 100% back up and running but a huge increase in foot traffic and probably about 1/2 of the restaurants open with people filling their patio's a bit better spaced out than in the past, but still close to full. - - - it was a great sight to see and we were impressed at how fast they got back up - it was only yesterday that the State and governor Gruesome gave Riverside county permission to open up the restaurants to dine in dining.

So anyway just wanted to share that things are looking up and SoCal if you are looking for a place where you can take a Saturday or Sunday ride with your beautiful bride - - put Palm Springs back on your list of options - - We Are Back!!! - - - - - well at least partially 8o

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I am also in the group that is not afraid of this virus. It’s not the first one I’ve faced and probably won’t be the last.

I can’t wait to see what happens next flu season. Will the country be shut down again?
    I for one defied the stay at home order. First

, I don’t believe the governor of NC has the legal authority to issue such an order. Second, I believe the U.S. Constitution takes precedence and I can’t wait for the litigation to start in this regard.

My mother was an infectious control nurse and taught is to protect ourselves from germs starting when we were little kids.

I agree with Edward Neal. Take reasonable personal precautions, think of others and stay home if you are sick.

Next flu season, I vote to keep the country open!!!