Corona Virus

• The Million Dollar A Mile Highway is a must see out of Durango up through the mountain pass. Hairy switchbacks with no guard rail and dropping off into oblivion with awesome panoramic views !!

to anyone running it just make sure no trucks,buses or anything that looks slow goes before you........ :00008862:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• What I would like to do is drive out and 'fly' my wife out, She likes to ride but long distance is not her thing.

Hell I would love to go to Maggie this next August, but no way I want to drive that far and my wife? - - yea, thats not happening. I could fly out, but whats the point?

from a practical point of not wanting to drive nearly that far combined with not wanting to go without MY slingshot I guess any slingshot events will remain limited to CA, AZ, & NV

:(

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hell I would love to go to Maggie this next August, but no way I want to drive that far and my wife? - - yea, thats not happening. I could fly out, but whats the point?

from a practical point of not wanting to drive nearly that far combined with not wanting to go without MY slingshot I guess any slingshot events will remain limited to CA, AZ, & NV

I LOVE to visit your state BUT I hate driving across Texas to get there!! Without a doubt IMO the absolute worst 900 miles in the country 😩

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I LOVE to visit your state BUT I hate driving across Texas to get there!! Without a doubt IMO the absolute worst 900 miles in the country 😩

I have not made that drive myself, but I do know people who have and from what I have heard they all seem to agree with your assessment

One exception might be my brother in law - he loves to drive and has made a few trips out to our place from their place in Ft Walton Beach FL - - That guy can drive for hours and hours without stopping except for gas - just enjoys it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hell I would love to go to Maggie this next August, but no way I want to drive that far and my wife? - - yea, thats not happening. I could fly out, but whats the point?

You've said before that you rent a vehicle for vacation. Just make it a tow vehicle, add a trailer and your ready :evil:

• Na, na, nah. Only the worst 500 miles (going west to east thru El Paso). Once you get past Junction and get into the hill country, it's really nice.

Going East to West your tired by the time you get to Junction - from Junction west we are in full agreement. From Sonora west is absolute murder for me.

My very first road trip with the Slingshot was to Houston, TX ... Apr 2015 for a Ride for Kids event supporting the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. about 1250 miles. I would love to drive the Slingshot cross country to CA.

• What I would like to do is drive out and 'fly' my wife out, She likes to ride but long distance is not her thing.

Yep! Same with the Captain. It would work great if I drove out to SoCal then had my wife fly in to Ontario or John Wayne! We could have a great time driving around, as long as the Captain didn't have to do the long trip out!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I LOVE to visit your state BUT I hate driving across Texas to get there!! Without a doubt IMO the absolute worst 900 miles in the country 😩

I live here and agree, East Texas is beautiful with all of the tall trees, but as soon as you hit i-45, it becomes west Texas and it's boring until you get to NM and see something interesting. 13 hours from Texarkana to El Paso...

• One exception might be my brother in law - he loves to drive and has made a few trips out to our place from their place in Ft Walton Beach FL - - That guy can drive for hours and hours without stopping except for gas - just enjoys it

I am with your brother in law... I love to drive... some of my favorites were the Three Flag Events put on by SCMA... We rode from Colorado to TJ, then to Edmonton Canada, and back to Colorado in 7 days... No not an Iron Butt but lots of country to see. I agree with the TX statement... on the way to El Paso all I could think about was getting to Rosa's Cantina.... but you all seem to be forgetting about... Nebraska, or SD. If I remember correctly there is a bill board along Highway 20 in Nebraska that says... "You have reached the middle of Nowhere"... and it was. Or as the new tourism ads say... Nebraska, it's not for Everyone"...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Yep! Same with the Captain. It would work great if I drove out to SoCal then had my wife fly in to Ontario or John Wayne! We could have a great time driving around, as long as the Captain didn't have to do the long trip out!

I have done this the last two years going to Slingfest in Sundre, Alberta. A couple of days on the road alone (2019) or with buddies (2018), then pick up Sara at Calgary International Airport about an hour and a half from the event. Then I drop her off on the way home for a quick flight back. She did do a day with me on the road back last year, then flew home from Spokane. I get the miles, she gets the smiles and everyone is happy! Whatever works for her to get her to the event - she's not a road warrior.. I'd like to do this on one or more of the east coast events but it would probably work better for both of us to fly because of the time and distance. I'd have no problem at all riding shotgun with any of you (that would allow it). We could sell tickets for Sara's company and draw straws for mine...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have done this the last two years going to Slingfest in Sundre, Alberta. A couple of days on the road alone (2019) or with buddies (2018), then pick up Sara at Calgary International Airport about an hour and a half from the event. Then I drop her off on the way home for a quick flight back. She did do a day with me on the road back last year, then flew home from Spokane. I get the miles, she gets the smiles and everyone is happy! Whatever works for her to get her to the event - she's not a road warrior.. I'd like to do this on one or more of the east coast events but it would probably work better for both of us to fly because of the time and distance. I'd have no problem at all riding shotgun with any of you (that would allow it). We could sell tickets for Sara's company and draw straws for mine...

My seat is always open for you SlingLow, we'll let Sara ride with EJ :)

• This could be my swan song fellas - couldn’t take it anymore - had some close buddies over for a blowout...

if I go out at least I did it like I lived my whole life - I never was afraid to risk everything- dangerdarrell if you look close in the picture this is your fault.. that damn Screwball Peanut whisky has fucked up me and all my friends!! I will forever be indebted my friend!! Fine Kentucky bourbon mixed with shots of Screwball can’t be beat!!!

• This could be my swan song fellas - couldn’t take it anymore - had some close buddies over for a blowout...

if I go out at least I did it like I lived my whole life - I never was afraid to risk everything- dangerdarrell if you look close in the picture this is your fault.. that damn Screwball Peanut whisky has fucked up me and all my friends!! I will forever be indebted my friend!! Fine Kentucky bourbon mixed with shots of Screwball can’t be beat!!!

Is that picture sideways or has the Ole Smokey Salted Caramel dumped me outta my chair?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: