Corona Virus

• I saw that too. Doctor on White House briefing today said the golden rule is 6 feet. So if you are in the slingshot travelling at 70 mph what is a safe distance and would the dispersion rate change the equation? Would a +5 windscreen mitigate?

Not really worried about the safe distance people need to be behind me in my Slingshot - - more worried about idiots who spit out their windows who are in front of me when I am in the slingshot

=O=O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• just saw this afternoon that an MIT study shows that droplets carrying Coronavirus can travel up to 27 feet in the air

so much for social distancing of 6 feet

President Trump, And Dr. Fauci answered that just a little while ago on todays press briefing [2 and a half hour briefing].......That 27 feet to paraphrase ; Is a full blown to annoy someone type sneeze....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I'm more worried about the asshats at the grocery store that had to grab EVERY apple, orange, etc and never buy anything. There's no way to know what they're carrying of how many days it's been since they washed ANYTHING on their bodies.

If it's not factory packaged, it's not going into my shopping cart until this virus thing is long passed by

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• it has nothing to do with the mode of transportation...it’s where you go and what you do when you get there. And why it was necessary.

CDC originally told people not to wear masks so they wouldn’t horde them. They wanted them to be available for first responders.

But now ....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news…sks-in-public/ar-BB11XP5j

the fact that they even brought it up, serious Concerns must have Been Raised.

I’ll be wearing mine in public from now on....if the virus is as contagious as they are saying...it’s not worth not wearing one....CDC or not...

• President Trump, And Dr. Fauci answered that just a little while ago on todays press briefing [2 and a half hour briefing].......That 27 feet to paraphrase ; Is a full blown to annoy someone type sneeze....

can be carried 27 feet....is that without wind blowing? It’s been really windy here with gusts up to 50 MPH ....so how far will it spread in that kind of wind. I think it’s way more than 27 feet. If you’re up wind you’ll be ok...if you’re down wind you’re screwed ...

An average sneeze comes from your mouth and nose at somewhere between 40 and 100 mph.

• I'm more worried about the asshats at the grocery store that had to grab EVERY apple, orange, etc and never buy anything. There's no way to know what they're carrying of how many days it's been since they washed ANYTHING on their bodies.

If it's not factory packaged, it's not going into my shopping cart until this virus thing is long passed by

Thats a woman thing.....They have squeeze every piece of fruit to feel if its ripe, Or grab a grape out of the bag to sample it......Or stick their nose on a melon to see if its ripe...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Might be a good idea to wear a mask. A word of awareness as I have worn the N95 type mask during processes that last from 8 to as mush as 24 hours cumulative time (grinding and fitting turbine wheels). You will become uncomfortable in longer periods and its natural to adjust for comfort, perspiration, itch, water vapor, etc.

I think it's the message trying to be conveyed as in the article. At the end it states the possibility of risk increase if the mask is contaminated and touched. An added danger if the mask is worn without a proper seal or a person is constantly adjusting not realizing they are touching the face. It's something the average person may not think about or even a quick natural reaction. Something to think about.

• just saw this afternoon that an MIT study shows that droplets carrying Coronavirus can travel up to 27 feet in the air

so much for social distancing of 6 feet

This sort of "study" is sensationalized and disinformational.

Consider how many thousands of droplets spray out when you sneeze or cough. The farther away you go, the fewer droplets you encounter. Like throwing a waterballon on the pavement. The very farthest droplet of water has almost nothing to do with the majority of the splash pattern.

There is also such a thing as "titer" - the number of virus particles you must be exposed to in order to contract a disease. One droplet is highly unlikely to do this.

(And yes, before someone asks, I have done enough research in immunology and molecular genetics to know whereof I speak.)

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Thats a woman thing.....They have squeeze every piece of fruit to feel if its ripe, Or grab a grape out of the bag to sample it......Or stick their nose on a melon to see if its ripe...

Don’t we men do the same thing...with women ???:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• one sperm cell can get you pregnant...the faster swimmer wins....

the majority of sick people have underlying conditions....so does it really take a perfect storm? Most of the deaths in Italy are over 80....and men with underlying conditions...

I can’t believe idiots are trying to claim their rights are being violated be the stay home order...

Does that include my right to come to your house sick? Or hang around in front of your house? Freedom of assembly...

• I’ll be wearing mine in public from now on....if the virus is as contagious as they are saying...it’s not worth not wearing one....CDC or not...

Question .....

Will these work ..... I know where I can find a stockpile few ....

Asking for a friend ....

..... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Actually, the CDC and the Surgeon General both announced exactly the opposite.

Wearing a mask make untrained people touch their face more.

The well wearing masks consumes desperately needed by the ill.

#NoMask

as of yesterday our county leaders (Riverside) have said that everyone should cover their face when out in public - they also made it clear that it need not be a medical grade mask, even a scarf will do.

I think its aimed more at reducing the distance a cough or sneeze will carry a virus and as a physiological tool to make people feel better than as real protection.

either way I am good I will use the American flag microfiber face scarf/mask I have for riding

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• If you are asking, is this mask right for Bigdog ?

Answer is...

Big n little o exclamation mark.

Got anything similar in plastic, form fitting, cheaper, and non-ventilated?

Asking for another friend...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: