Corona Virus

• What happens if you go out for a ride? I have just been riding around for the last 4 days.

Italy is fining people that get caught outside over $3000..

NYC is considering the same action of fining people for not staying home.

the more people ignore this the more they will clamp down. So by ignoring the recommendation you’re hurting everyone. And could possibly inadvertently get infected or infect others...this isn’t about you. It’s about the entire country...show some regard for your family, friends and country.

I would also like to be out joy riding. Consider the consequences as if lives depend on it because they do. If someone you know or love falls ill and dies because of your selfishness How will you feel? And consider the legal liability aspects.

The faster everyone complies the faster the virus dies...everyday the country is falling deeper into a hole which will be harder and harder to climb out of. The job you save may be your own. The life you save may be your own.

Frontline doctors and nurses are dropping dead in NYC. Trying to keep the rest of the country alive. Think about that on your next joy ride or friendly gathering or Other meaningless activity.

• I have some questions

First how is riding a motorcycle or your slingshot putting others at risk? - - i mean you clearly are going to be a good safe distance from other people are you not?

Second how can officials tell people out joy riding as you put it from people simply going to or from their essential job or to or from a market - both of which are allowed?

Heck I have been riding my Slingshot to and from work every work day - its my daily driver - - how does that put anyone at risk?

Here in California they have even said that going out for walks or hikes or even to walk your dog are all allowed under the "stay at home" order just so long as you keep a safe social distance from others.

I don't know about where you are, but the governor of California has made it very clear that they do not mean "stay at home" to be taken 100% literally

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Agree

Same applies here in South Jersey. Nothing wrong with wearing a mask or extra precautions. I my start wearing one in markets or where other people may be present. I'm all for taking extra steps but life goes on and if the experts issue guidelines and they are all followed correctly.

Keeping in mind this virus is a living thing and situations can and most likely will be fluid. As for me I'll keep informed on local guidelines and follow as instructed. As it stands today it is accepted to travel to work and the market. I have always used the sling for those purposes and I see no reason to change as long as it's within guidelines.

I think the issue is not with following the local guidelines but with the people who ignore those guidelines i.e. parties, congregations, distance, hand washing/disinfecting, etc. All those simple but effective precautions.

• so are you the only employee at work or are there others around you?

it’s about keeping away from others that could have it and not be showing symptoms yet.

stay home order means stay home...unless you have a valid reason to be out....it doesn’t include joy riding or other nonessential activities....

this isn’t about you.....it’s about 350 million other people that don’t want to get sick and die...

how hard is that to comprehend? The experts have warned there could end up being 100,000 -200,000 or more deaths if everyone follows the rules

if not that number could go over 2 million....dead.

So what sounds better and more important...some a holes joy ride or 2 million dead...which it could turn out that it will be someone you know or a relative...

just because you are working in an Essential business doesn’t exempt you from getting sick...it means your odds of getting sick and taking it home is even higher...Personally I wouldn’t be happy right now if I had to go to work. I’m glad I’m off and staying home. If wanted to get sick I Would go joyride around the hospital...

the reason they need to flatten the curve is to not over flow the hospitals....

Hospitals only have room for so many patients...the goal is to keep the number of sick people lower than the amount of beds needed....so they can process more people in and out....if the number of sick people goes over the number of beds more people could die.

We need to stop people from getting sick by staying at home.....it you stay home you can’t be near someone that is sick....

for everyone that doesn’t stay home more will get sick.....

• I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you on this. However if you don't go out and pick up groceries most likely you will get weak and die. So I chose to use the slingshot to go to the grocery store and other places that are necessary.

For now its within guidelines. If things changes then I'll follow.

• Well Bigdog apparently Governor Newsom does not agree with you - - he has actually stated that "stay at home" does not really mean stay at home and he explicitly said getting out for things like getting exercise were totally acceptable just so long as you maintain the 6+ foot social distance from others.

As to my work - I work in an office with 3 other people and because we deal in a business that helps people get their money from their retirement plans we have been deemed essential by the state of California - - I do agree with you that I am not exempt from getting sick, but no one is - considering how long this virus can live on things you could catch it just by opening your mail that has been touched by many different people. In the end I am not going to freak out about this - I wash my hands often especially after touching things that might have been touched by others, I do my best to keep my distance from others when not at home, but most of all I trust God and know with all of my heart that even if I were to get this virus and die that there is a reason. God is Love and everything that He does comes from love and even if I never understand reasons with my limited human view I have total faith that He does

We as humans look at the world through a pin hole and I highly suspect that God must get a very good laugh when that limited view makes us freak out. You see, unlike you I don't waste time worrying about what I don't know or can't see, because I know He does :love:

To me faith is not just believing that God is - - - - thats just the first step of knowing God, after that you need to have faith that everything He does comes from love and has a good reason - - and yes, that includes this virus and everything that comes from it

As I see it the only reason anyone should be freaking out would be if they didn't trust God to be able to handle everything and have it be what He needs it to be.

JMO

• Who is more likely to do badly - - - how do you fair?

"If you are immunocompromised, such as receiving cancer treatment or recently treated or even perhaps cancer survivor, you are at greater risk for catching the virus and doing poorly," Dr. John Whyte, chief medical officer, WebMD, told Fox News. "Patients with diabetes and heart disease do worse when they get infected. In addition, if you have lung problems such as severe asthma, you are also at greater risk."

"Too much alcohol can also contribute to difficulties in fighting infection," Whyte said. "Diabetes, heart disease, kidney and liver problems, respiratory diseases, and even severe obesity can make it much harder to recover if you contract the virus."

A preliminary study from the Carlos III Health Institute in Spain – a country that has more than 94,000 cases and some 8,300 confirmed deaths – shows that slightly more men are being infected, roughly 52 percent compared to 48 percent. However, the analysis showed that the number of males who died was almost double that of their female counterparts.

Just another reason to be glad I quit drinking almost 3 years ago 8o

• can people state they're points succinctly? My attention span is really short!

okay

don't freak out - trust God

:thumbsup:

• That's great! Wife and I haven't really changed our routine over the last few months . The biggest thing is when we go out we can't get anything to eat so we pack a lunch . We've never socialized much so gathering with people has not been a problem. Daughter is 1 1/2 hours away so we have not seen her. Her business has been cclassifiedas essential so she is running it as usual. Keeping to ourselves as usual and enjoying life . Can't wait for slingshot season in Maine

• I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you on this. However if you don't go out and pick up groceries most likely you will get weak and die. So I chose to use the slingshot to go to the grocery store and other places that are necessary.

For now its within guidelines. If things changes then I'll follow.

The president just said it’s a matter of life and death....

if the weather was warmer I’d be using my SS to go to the store...would I be tempted to extend that trip....hell ya....will I be good...I hope so..And when I go into a store I’ll be wearing my Face mask...

What if every Time a person goes out thinking I’ll be ok to joy ride or jog or walk or play basketball...what if that turns into a person that dies? That didn’t have to or maybe wouldn’t have even gotten sick?

It comes down to this.....do you want to be a part of the solution and Help keep the death rate as low as possible or do you want blood on your hands for maybe a million or two..Dead will you be ok with that on your head?

• first of all California is a train wreck...And was before the virus...so he doesn’t count....if your ok with him deciding if you’re Gonna live or die go ahead....he has a piss poor track record so far.....his idea of infrastructure sanitation upgrade was to let them poop in the street...no clogging problems. Fixed that and look how much money I can steal ...

I’m thinking right now God is wearing a face mask and gloves..:/

• Ready for the next bit of expert advise from the CDC?

Everybody wear a mask, wait for it to be announced.

Actually, the CDC and the Surgeon General both announced exactly the opposite.

Wearing a mask make untrained people touch their face more.

The well wearing masks consumes desperately needed by the ill.

#NoMask

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• At this point I haven't heard anyone inform that a ride to the grocery store in a car, slingshot or motorcycle is increasing the chance of transmission through the chosen mode. Although anything is possible no matter what precautions, in theory if you sneeze and someone is following to close behind something could happen. But the far greater danger would be at the grocery store.

Totally different than a baseball or basketball game which involve close physical contact. To my knowledge a jog or walk within the proper space guideline carries no additional danger. AGAIN WITHIN THE GUIDELINES.

From my observations the risk is not in the ride itself or the mode of travel but in adding another destination point (which very often a joy ride may result in}. What if I use my truck for transportation to the grocery store and travel with six people in close contact, Would that make for a greater danger than a single person in a slingshot? In other words the danger is the close contact and the risk of others at the destination who have been there without following the guidelines.

It's not an issue of "blood on your Hands" to go to the grocery store and pick up food for survival. Implying that I should feel guilty for going to the grocery store and having blood on my hands for that is just a bit over the top. Its appears your not applying a distinction between a trip to the grocery store vs. a basketball game or party. I did just see coverage of a large group of people gathering for a birthday for young child. That is a danger.

And yes if it is deemed unsafe to travel in an open air vehicle I will gladly comply. Haven't seen any indicators or concerns on that issue. In fact a ride in a car or SUV to the grocery store may contain several people with very close contact. Not good! So in some instances using the slingshot would be a better option?

Again I agree with the majority of your statement but have seen nothing implying the use of a motorcycle, slingshot or other open vehicle increases the danger.

• just saw this afternoon that an MIT study shows that droplets carrying Coronavirus can travel up to 27 feet in the air

so much for social distancing of 6 feet

• just saw this afternoon that an MIT study shows that droplets carrying Coronavirus can travel up to 27 feet in the air

so much for social distancing of 6 feet

I saw that too. Doctor on White House briefing today said the golden rule is 6 feet. So if you are in the slingshot travelling at 70 mph what is a safe distance and would the dispersion rate change the equation? Would a +5 windscreen mitigate?

• I just heard on the news there is a run on shirts at Wally world. I need to stock up on finger nail files, I hear they are next. Shhhhh, don't tell anybody.

LC

Best set I every bought and still have I got in 1962 or 63... So I probably don't need to rush out and buy one.