Corona Virus

• BREAKING NEWS:

John Travolta was admitted to a Los Angeles hospital overnight with symptoms of the Covid-19 Virus. Extensive tests revealed he didn't have the virus, but was suffering from Saturday Night Fever. His prognosis is excellent and his doctors said that he'll be Stayin' Alive

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• BREAKING NEWS:

John Travolta was admitted to a Los Angeles hospital overnight with symptoms of the Covid-19 Virus. Extensive tests revealed he didn't have the virus, but was suffering from Saturday Night Fever. His prognosis is excellent and his doctors said that he'll be Stayin' Alive

there you go with that jive talking

I think I have disco fever

• I'm finally feeling more like myself. Was able to get up & fix eggs & bacon with a big glass of OJ for breakfast. My eyes were bigger than my belly, but the dogs very kindly helped clean up my plate! 😄

The Captain is a couple days behind the curve, but I think we are both well on the mend. Thank you to everyone here who lent their support - and special thanks to everyone who declined to offer conspiracy theory crap, and who resisted feeding the trolls.

I'm going to be quite busy during this national emergency. I have hundreds of students to work with, and its gonna be lots more than class work. They need a voice of reason. They need a source of information that they can trust. I'm going to be that voice - and that filter. There will be far too many who will share pure bullshit, and others who will make up crap and tell the lie so often that they begin to believe in it themselves. I've learned that my youngsters need a fact checker they can trust, someone who won't lie, who will admit when he doesn't know, and will clearly separate fact, opinion, and speculation.

I'm just a teacher, but in an emergency, I'm always a first responder, and I triage TRUTH.

God bless you all for your love & support.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I'm finally feeling more like myself. Was able to get up & fix eggs & bacon with a big glass of OJ for breakfast. My eyes were bigger than my belly, but the dogs very kindly helped clean up my plate!

Great news Doc!!! Glad you've turned the corner! Now don't overdo it like I did. :whistling:

• Doc&Ruby would you consider your bout with this like any other flu you have had? Differences?

PS my dogs almost have the pattern taken off the plates :) When I first had my mother in law over to our house ( she is not a dog person ) I put the plate down... then picked it up and said, " Good enough to put back up on the shelf" Should have seen the look!=O

Take care friend!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• After I met you and heard you approach to teaching I can’t really tell you how much I respect what you do. Like I said before - if we could clone you and put you in every classroom in America the country would be much better for it. March on brother - you are the man when it comes to teaching

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Doc&Ruby would you consider your bout with this like any other flu you have had? Differences?

PS my dogs almost have the pattern taken off the plates :) When I first had my mother in law over to our house ( she is not a dog person ) I put the plate down... then picked it up and said, " Good enough to put back up on the shelf" Should have seen the look!=O

Take care friend!

This flu has been quite unique. No nausea or running to the john for anything - except that when I drink as much liquid as my doctor wants I'm constantly off to pee - all day - all night! :D

This has been a 'Fever Flu' - never had such a prolonged bought of up and down body temp - as high as 103, down to 99, then back up again. That's miserable. Wears you out, wrings you out, headaches are rotten. But none of the toss-your-cookies, then turn around and void your bowels nonsense either, so I'ma count my blessings, I guess.

Definitely on the upside today. Was able to go walk around outside with dogs for a while today - having a few acres to stroll around on is a real blessing. Spring wild flowers are all out and blooming here on the ranch, which made my day.

Hoping to get back to regular foods by tomorrow. Antibiotics mean they will all taste weird, but at least that ain't my cooking going sour. 8o

Doc

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• ^^^ This mentality is the reason my wife three states away is wiping her ass with nose tissue. Thinking she is fortunate to have that.

I feel for ya! My wife is out of state also due to death in the family. She should be home tomorrow night barring complications. Hope Guardian_Angel stays safe!