Corona Virus

• Came down sick Thursday night. Friday was pretty awful, too.

The Captain took me to the ER 6:30 Saturday morning. Told 'em I checked all the high risk boxes: over 60, Asthma, Heart trouble. They asked if I had been in contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case. I said probably, working at the University with hundreds of students every day, some had returned from study abroad in Italy, Korea, China. They were supposed to "self quarantine", but I didn't trust them.

ER doc said "Let's eliminate the obvious first and swab you for a flu test."

"Swab", Hah! It's a stainless steel rasp about an 8th of an inch wide, and they stuff it 2-1/2 inches up your nose. (Still hurts!) They came back 20 minutes later- you have type A flu, Mr. Barth. Go suffer at home, we have sicker people than you to care for.

I've never been so happy to have the flu in my life! Should be fine in a couple days! 🥵🤠

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• So glad you were given a sick bill of health and not admitted into isolation. Now if you play your cards right, you can have all the drinks you want to help flush it out of your system

Thanks! The Captain makes a very pretty and solicitous nurse!

Now if I can figure out a way to have her keep that attitude later when I'm up to taking advantage of it! 🤠

• two people in our county have it. HEPA rules prevent info about them from being made public.

HEPA rules need partially suspended. I don’t need to know their name and address but we need to know what town they live in and where they were. Common sense.

• two people in our county have it. HEPA rules prevent info about them from being made public.

HEPA rules need partially suspended. I don’t need to know their name and address but we need to know what town they live in and where they were. Common sense.

I think you mean HIPAA regulations, mate.

High Efficiency Particulate Air filter (HEPA) is indeed something you find on a vacuum or household HVAC system.

• Well, feeling worse today, trouble breathing and painful coughing. Back to the doctors.

New diagnosis: bacterial pneumonia. Docs say we caught it early, so I'm going to be okay.

Another 14 days prowling around the house - no visitors - while I gobble antibiotics and steroids. Yay! This also knocks out my ZZP trip for the time being. I don't think I'll have trouble rescheduling, I kinda doubt the University will reopen this semester, so I'll have all the time I need once I'm feeling better. 😷🤧🤢🥵

• Well, feeling worse today, trouble breathing and painful coughing. Back to the doctors.

New diagnosis: bacterial pneumonia. Docs say we caught it early, so I'm going to be okay.

Another 14 days prowling around the house - no visitors - while I gobble antibiotics and steroids. Yay! This also knocks out my ZZP trip for the time being. I don't think I'll have trouble rescheduling, I kinda doubt the University will reopen this semester, so I'll have all the time I need once I'm feeling better. 😷🤧🤢🥵

Hard to like a post like that. Hope you feel better soon Doc. And that turbo will give you something to look forward to

• Hard to like a post like that. Hope you feel better soon Doc. And that turbo will give you something to look forward to

Thanks DER

Just go ahead and give it a ❤ or 👍, I'll know what you mean... and I really appreciate this community in a time of trouble. Let's me know my isolation is only physical.

"This too, shall pass."

• when this is all said and done....everyone will be judged by one of two things.

did we or did we not do what was right?

everyone loses a little money now or a lot more later....and hopefully your or someone in your family doesn’t die.

10 times more contagious than the flu and 10 times more deadly.

Get well soon Doc, our thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery

• Why do the conspiracy theorists always come out?

Because they want company and are always looking for an audience. I have a close buddy who is a major conspiracy theorist and spends countless hours on multiple web site to 'figure out what's happening in this world'. He used to regale me with a constant barrage of 'did you know this', 'you won't believe this', or 'you gotta check this out'. I'd hit him with the same 2 questions every time: 'Will it piss me off'? and 'Can I do anything about it'? The answers were always yes and no. I explained to him that there is no value to me to aggravate myself with issues that I can't influence. He says I'm burying my head in the sand. I say damn right! I've got a full plate living MY life and earning a living. To each his/her own. Peace!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)