Corona Virus

• What a great idea. Due to the virous I saw on the news there is a surge in attendance at drive in movie theaters. I have not been to one in about 40 years. I don't know of any in my current location. I do know the last one in a former area I lived in was bought out and torn down for a strip mall some 20 years ago.

• Doc&Ruby, Doc, how you feeling this weekend? I may have missed any favorable updates on your condition, but have been keeping you and everyone in prayer...

Hi Roadhawg

The Captain & I are both recovering nicely. She's getting back on her feet a little quicker than I am, the bacterial infection set me back a bit.

All the antibiotics are quite terrible - make everything taste like rusty metal & low quality salt substitute. Even water tastes awful. Still, all you want to do is drink more, try to get the taste away. So I spent the day slurping, napping, getting up to pee, do it all again.

The only thing that makes it bearable is to have breakfast and dinner before you take the pills. If I do that, stuff tastes almost normal. Been trying to eat a lot of protein and fresh fruit. That seems to be helping, too.

I hope to be on my feet in a day or so, maybe get out in the fresh air and take a drive. Spring is coming on strong here in the Ozarks. Walking around the ranch did me a world of good today. I think a nice drive would do even better.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• One day at a time Doc . Remember what I said about over doing it 🤔 🥵🥶🥵

• The number of sick people under the age of 49 in NYC in the hospital is at 53%....

that tells me maybe the compromised number should be lowered from over 60 years old to over 50....since about half in the hospital make up that group....of 50 and up.

I don’t know why they split the group where they did. Sounds like every age is compromised.

• Rational Food for thought in irrational Times....

It’s now clear that COVID-19 is a deadly serious global pandemic, and all necessary precautions should be taken. Still, C. S. Lewis’s words—written 72 years ago—ring with some relevance for us. Just replace “atomic bomb” with “coronavirus.”

In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. “How are we to live in an atomic age?” I am tempted to reply: “Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.”

In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways. We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.

This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• My wife and I are not the type to turn a blind eye to the current situation and we're exercising common sense and doing everything the experts suggest to protect ourselves and our loved ones. One thing we've done for the past few weeks is avoid the news for one day. Sunday is the day we've chosen to not listen to or watch a single newscast. It makes a hell of a difference in the way you feel during the day. On another note, I drove to Home Depot earlier today and I didn't see boarded up homes or people driving like crazy, or roving gangs of desperate, armed thieves roaming the neighborhood looking for food. What I DID see were people of all ages out walking hand in hand, walking their dogs, jogging, and children riding their bicycles, and just enjoying life... 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Can't even express how much the love & support of the Slingshot family has meant to me & the Captain over the last week or two.

Hearing from friends, seeing photos of the places you're going and fun things you're doing has cheered us no end!

We'll get through this time together as a community. I'm sure both our Slingshot family and our American nation and economy will come roaring back. It'll be a few tough weeks, but these tough times won't last!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I would suggest looking at the details of the proposed stimulus package ....looks like about 64 million people won’t qualify for any money.....it’s being based on your 2018 income tax return.....so if you got hired anywhere after that you don’t qualify...

people that were struggling before will be struggling even more...the $1200 check will be to cover the 4 weeks off work since this started. It will take several weeks to get the check...The stimulus packages collectively is designed to get people 90-120 days out.

it’s always going to be too little too late....

reading between the lines....up your food stock pile to 6 months..

• Governor of LA just issued a stay at home order for Coonass Land! Question?? Is this for the idiots that have had their head in the sand?? Nothing changes for me and my bride. Coonasses have never been known for having really great sense. A couple nights ago LEO went into a bar to shut em down and they began to chant “WE WON’T GO”. You really can’t fix stupid can ya ??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I’m not a big conspiracy guy but...riddle me this...read this carefully especially the last line. Of part 1

Part 1..

Antiviral drug

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to searchFor other uses, see Antiviral (disambiguation).

Antiviral drugs are a class of medication used specifically for treating viral infections rather than bacterial ones.[1] Most antivirals are used for specific viral infections, while a broad-spectrum antiviral is effective against a wide range of viruses.[2] Unlike most antibiotics, antiviral drugs do not destroy their target pathogen; instead they inhibit their development.

Antiviral drugs are one class of antimicrobials, a larger group which also includes antibiotic (also termed antibacterial), antifungal and antiparasitic drugs,[3] or antiviral drugs based on monoclonal antibodies.[4] Most antivirals are considered relatively harmless to the host, and therefore can be used to treat infections. They should be distinguished from viricides, which are not medication but deactivate or destroy virus particles, either inside or outside the body. Natural antivirals are produced by some plants such as eucalyptus and Australian tea trees.[5]

now we will connect some dots....

part 2

what did the big fire in Australia wipe out ????

most of the eucalyptus trees and Australian tea trees.

part 3

so what does the world have right after the source of most of the natural antiviral gets wiped out.

in case you missed it....VIRUS PANDEMIC....

nothing to see here...move along..