Corona Virus

• My University now has over 961 (confirmed) new cases since August 15th. Over 400 tested positive this weekend.

I decided to bail out & teach from home a week ago, but the powers that be have decided to keep the campus open. All gatherings have been canceled / prohibited, but we're still having football and plan a "limited crowd" of about 17,000 in our 85,000 seat stadium for a season opener.

Obviously, different folks have different priorities, but I'm glad I won't have to answer for these decisions. Above my pay grade, matey! 😬🤨🧐😳

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• My University now has over 961 (confirmed) new cases since August 15th. Over 400 tested positive this weekend.

I decided to bail out & teach from home a week ago, but the powers that be have decided to keep the campus open. All gatherings have been canceled / prohibited, but we're still having football and plan a "limited crowd" of about 17,000 in our 85,000 seat stadium for a season opener.

Obviously, different folks have different priorities, but I'm glad I won't have to answer for these decisions. Above my pay grade, matey! 😬🤨🧐😳

Different objectives - you are there to try and teach these “peaceful protestors” (which my hat goes off to you you haven’t went postal on yet) and the University is there for...

it should be a common goal at a University - LEARNING!!! If I was you I’d teach class in my bath robe kicked back in my recliner with a double bourbon and call it a relaxed learning environment. Matter of fact where do I sign up :00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Different objectives - you are there to try and teach these “peaceful protestors” (which my hat goes off to you you haven’t went postal on yet) and the University is there for...

it should be a common goal at a University - LEARNING!!! If I was you I’d teach class in my bath robe kicked back in my recliner with a double bourbon and call it a relaxed learning environment. Matter of fact where do I sign up :00008172::00008172:

I'd have to tell the children it was sweet tea...

but after I finished the second glass, I ghink da daschep (hic) shun wud beee NO gud! 🤤

• Went to the University today to collect some gear for online lab class tonight (I'm using dominoes to show how increasing density causes sound waves to travel faster!) Saw no one in my building which is usually packed with teachers and students on a midweek morning.

Students aren't going to classes much at all, but they seem to be going to social events alright. Here's the breakdown of NEW covid cases from the University web site:

8/10 -- 2 new cases

8/17 -- 5 cases

8/24 -- 7 cases (classes begin)

8/26 -- 27 cases

8/28 -- 6 cases

8/31 -- 32 cases

9/2 -- 111 cases

9/4 -- 282 cases (publicized testing clinic)

Today: 923 confirmed cases (about 910 are students). This means almost 600 new cases since September 4th.

Just six faculty members infected, faculty numbers make it seem like if you are careful, you might be able to avoid this. Student numbers seem to indicate that 'tweeners' (twenty somethings) are anything but careful. 😔

• Today: 923 confirmed cases (about 910 are students). This means almost 600 new cases since September 4th.

Just six faculty members infected, faculty numbers make it seem like if you are careful, you might be able to avoid this. Student numbers seem to indicate that 'tweeners' (twenty somethings) are anything but careful. 😔

Granddaughter is finishing her senior year at Kansas State - she would have graduated in May but 42 days in the hospital last fall cancelled that. Classes are a mix of in person and online until after Thanksgiving - or sooner - when they are all going online. First day in class a professor announced wouldn't wear a mask if university didn't make him. He doubted anyone of the students would die of the virus unless they had underlying conditions - that would be my granddaughter with Crohn's disease.

• sorry @Bigbird the South Dakota Gov just pulled the rug out from under this conspiracist theory. NBC reported what it really was ,

The quartet reached their conclusions by collecting cellphone data to track foot traffic at bars, restaurants and other venues in Sturgis and “extrapolated a possible infection count based on increased infection rates following the event,” NBC News reported Tuesday

https://thehill.com/homenews/s…lly-goers-exercised-their

• ^^^^

I think that professor sounds like a terrible person.

On the other hand, our city has implemented a snitch hotline that connects you to the police. 🤬

I would say that professor is a very selfish person - - clearly only cares about his own comfort and not about the other people/students around him

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Granddaughter is finishing her senior year at Kansas State - she would have graduated in May but 42 days in the hospital last fall cancelled that. Classes are a mix of in person and online until after Thanksgiving - or sooner - when they are all going online. First day in class a professor announced wouldn't wear a mask if university didn't make him. He doubted anyone of the students would die of the virus unless they had underlying conditions - that would be my granddaughter with Crohn's disease.

so the liberal professor was making health decisions for the trusting students?

• just when you were convinced the virus was just one of those things.....

https://rawconservativeopinion…us-was-made-in-wuhan-lab/

we were attacked......Obama gave the lab over $3 million....WHY?

Everything is a conspiracy.....

lets say you right, lets say the virus was manufactured and intentionally unleashed on the world.

So what do you want people to do about it? - - you keep pushing this so you must have a plan or at least an idea - - - what would you have us do?

Should we all riot like the snowflake liberals:?

Should we all get our guns and march against or government?

Should we go to war with China?

What exactly do you think the response should be if this was in fact intentionally done?????

I dont get you, you spend day after day after day on here telling all of us how everything is a conspiracy, that our own government is constantly wanting to harm us as are every other government - - so if you really believe this What do you want us to do? - - - seriously what do you want to do - - - - if you don't have a plan then whats the point?

If all your going to do is complain whats the point? - - either do something or stop - - !

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• China should lose its favorite nation status and I think every American based company should be forced to leave China. They should be sanctioned and be sued by every country in the world.

what are 200,000 dead Americans worth?

Actually our country is part of it. Rumor has it the Dems are behind it. The first virus case appeared on the west coast on the exact same day Pelosi was matching the articles of impeachment over to the senate. Was that the reason she held them so long? She didn’t hold them just because she could. Something was afoot. Ruin the economy anyway possible.