2020 Slingshot

• I wonder how the cooling works? I have both heated and cooled seats in my truck and my vet but I'm not sure how the cooling works technically. It does cool however.

I took a look at Polaris' listing/description for the heated/cooled seats and when I saw the phrase - "

Thermoelectric technology is used to cool or heat the seat combined with flexible Graphene material to disperse it for full coverage," I can only assume Polaris is using a version of a Peltier CPU cooler sometimes seen on personal computers. A Peltier produces heat on one side and cools on the other side, so I assume Polaris is reversing the voltage flow to either heat or cool the seat close to the occupant's body parts. I've seen such units used in portable coolers, but haven't before seen its use in a vehicle seat. Here's a good explanatory link - https://thermoelectricsolution…hermoelectric-technology/. For more info, Google "solid-state cooling/heating in vehicle seats".

I can't see any reason such a seat couldn't be installed in any vehicle with the appropriate wiring.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Drove the 2020 SL with auto and all I can say is that I have never driven a vehicle with a tranny worse than that, if you gun it like you would getting on a ramp for interstate/passing it will rev all the way to red line and holds the gear way too long which forces you to let go of the gas to force an upshift, maybe this is a quirk that is expected of this system but to me it is a fatal flaw, to me automatic means you floor it and it handles the rest.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Drove the 2020 SL with auto and all I can say is that I have never driven a vehicle with a tranny worse than that, if you gun it like you would getting on a ramp for interstate/passing it will rev all the way to red line and holds the gear way too long which forces you to let go of the gas to force an upshift, maybe this is a quirk that is expected of this system but to me it is a fatal flaw, to me automatic means you floor it and it handles the rest.

I watched a video review on YouTube not long ago and noticed the very same thing. While the salesman was giving a test drive, you could hear the engine revving very high between auto shifts and all he was doing was driving around the block. I thought to myself, that would drive me crazy. :00008862:

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

OK I'm going to show my age here. Neosolidus your description reminds me of the '63 Chevelle 283 with a 2 speed powerglide. It did what it did really well, which was go fast for a short distance, but always left you wanting a little (lot) more. Handling of course was crap. But that was almost 60 years ago. We expect more now.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Had my 2020R out last night and really paid attention to the cab lighting. Noticed that the buttons at the bottom of the ride command do not light up so you can't see them to change anything. Is this the way it is or do I have a problem ? O yes I have the manual so no bitching there.

Jamesgn

• Polaris, what would you expect! Man they got to start paying attention to detail. I sat in the 2020R automatic not that there is that much of a difference but I didn't like the flip switches. I like the toggles better just because it seems the flip could be prone to break maybe?

• I am not talking about the flip switches, they are lit up. It is the push buttons at the base of the ride command that are part of the ride command screen. You need to be careful with your flip switches in your house, they might be prone to break also.

Jamesgn

• Regarding the 2020 Automatic Manual Transmission.

There's a real good chance that as Polaris gets more data and feedback from users, Polaris may issue an ECU flash update changing the shift/RPM parameters of the transmission.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Limited Edition...

Yearly announcement.

Something big would have been...

Paddle shifter.

Was expecting the paddle shifter for 2020.5...

But with Covid in the mix...

Guess they had to make a bean decision.

Maybe 2021?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Looks like the 2020 models are finally starting to arrive at dealers in the NJ area. I looked up three local dealers and for the first time they show as in showroom inventory. Good news! I ran into a nice "R" model on a ride today.