Installation of optima battery to replace the whimpy factory one

• Looking for some help with installing this battery. With the post being reversed on the optima battery from what my 2019 GT came with. The positive cable doesn't reach far enough to connect. Any suggestions? I bought this battery and tray from slingmods and they were unfamiliar with any issues. I found that hard to believe.

• Any others have an opinion on this? I have a game plan for extending the cables by cutting the existing two positive cables that go into one lug nut and extending them by using stinger couplers. The other option is to simply turn the battery around in the tray. I've seen one pic on here where a member had the front of the battery facing the drivers seat with the Tricled tray. Can others advise on what they did to get the battery to fit considering the orientation of the wire? One good thing about extending the wire is giving enough length to lower it to the ground while still being connected. It looks REALLY tight to make those connections with the yellow top already in the tray. All that being said if the battery can just be installed 'backwards' and doesn't conflict with the setup of the tray that seems like a much more simple solution.

https://www.amazon.com/Stinger…tor&qid=1610846618&sr=8-2

• Any others have an opinion on this? I have a game plan for extending the cables by cutting the existing two positive cables that go into one lug nut and extending them by using stinger couplers. The other option is to simply turn the battery around in the tray. I've seen one pic on here where a member had the front of the battery facing the drivers seat with the Tricled tray. Can others advise on what they did to get the battery to fit considering the orientation of the wire? One good thing about extending the wire is giving enough length to lower it to the ground while still being connected. It looks REALLY tight to make those connections with the yellow top already in the tray. All that being said if the battery can just be installed 'backwards' and doesn't conflict with the setup of the tray that seems like a much more simple solution.

https://www.amazon.com/Stinger…tor&qid=1610846618&sr=8-2

I believe I would get a solder coupling and heat shrink tubing

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• anyone done the Optima or any larger battery without buying a pre-made tray? For whatever reason I like doing things myself....and I'm a cheap bastard. ^^

I made my own tray but didn't install an Optima. I went with two of the original ones.

• Looking for some help with installing this battery. With the post being reversed on the optima battery from what my 2019 GT came with. The positive cable doesn't reach far enough to connect. Any suggestions? I bought this battery and tray from slingmods and they were unfamiliar with any issues. I found that hard to believe.

It's hard to believe because it's BS. I called and told them, and posted a review on their site as well. Least they could do is acknowledge you might have to do some modding/tight space work to get it in there. I got it in without changing the cables...but it was a PITA. Had to undo the other stuff connected to the positive cable and hook them up individually. And wingnuts?! WTF?! Can't reach up there to get it as tight as I'd like.

• I've added LED's for the headlights which I'm guessing draw less power than the factory ones. I have added wiring for my cameras but they draw next to nothing and wiring for my heated vest which I've only used a few times. I do keep my battery hooked up to a battery tender, summer and winter so I'm hoping that will extend the life. I've owned many motorcycles that have had heated gear used many times and I've gotten 4-5 years out of those small batteries. I'm hoping as I said above that the factory battery works for a few years. I hate to think I've got to spend $100 for a plate and another $200 for a larger battery when I can stick with replacing the original.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos