Best be careful who you do business with (insurance)

• I sold my slingshot back around 8/19 and Daniel Herrera and allstate insurance are still trying to bill me as a customer even after cancelling my insurance and telling them I sold that vehicle. Careful who you do business with. Talk about low life peckerwoods.

• One problem is that a lot of insurance is set up for auto 'renew' and the computer always going after the money....

it’s only automatic if I make the payment....send me a renewal bill if I pay it we’re good to go. They refund money all the time back to the date you tell them you sold it....

• One problem is that a lot of insurance is set up for auto 'renew' and the computer always going after the money....

I try to avoid any kind of auto pay / auto renew where they want to take it directly from my bank using an account and routing number - - reminds me of gym memberships and how they made you jump through hoops to cancel and get the payments stopped - - these days the only type of auto payment I like is where I set it up through my bank or a credit card and I can stop it whenever I want. - - - I want it to be me giving it to them and not them having access to take it themselves

as a side note it can be useful to bounce automatic payments through a credit card that you then pay in full each month - - this way you can get the points on the card without spending money you were not going to use anyway :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• it’s only automatic if I make the payment....send me a renewal bill if I pay it we’re good to go. They refund money all the time back to the date you tell them you sold it....

They billed me even after my insurance went to another insurance company. Funny how a little paperwork can create a large problem. You can't call or email these people to correct one of their problems. You have to show documentation. I've never had this problem with any other insurance company in my life.

• They billed me even after my insurance went to another insurance company. Funny how a little paperwork can create a large problem. You can't call or email these people to correct one of their problems. You have to show documentation. I've never had this problem with any other insurance company in my life.

I bought a cover for my slingshot and they sent me a confirmation email......a year later I needed the warranty because it ripped from being in the sun .....I had to have that confirmation email or the warranty wasn’t any good....seems a little scammy to me.

Anything to get out of it....Not a good way to do business ...

• I bought a cover for my slingshot and they sent me a confirmation email......a year later I needed the warranty because it ripped from being in the sun .....I had to have that confirmation email or the warranty wasn’t any good....seems a little scammy to me.

What's really stupid is I had to cancel my credit card in order to keep them from charging me another 600.00 on a vehicle I don't even own. Allstate and their conman tactics really suck.

• I sold my slingshot back around 8/19 and Daniel Herrera and allstate insurance are still trying to bill me as a customer even after cancelling my insurance and telling them I sold that vehicle. Careful who you do business with. Talk about low life peckerwoods.

Our experience has been where we have never had any good luck dealing with online insurance companies and today choose to only do business in person locally. Being able to actually walk into an office and talk with some body personally can make a big difference.

Bill

• I bought a cover for my slingshot and they sent me a confirmation email......a year later I needed the warranty because it ripped from being in the sun .....I had to have that confirmation email or the warranty wasn’t any good....seems a little scammy to me.

50+ years of "Keep your Receipts"...

And Bigdog thinks people making claims against businesses without proof of ownership isn't a scammy thing.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Our experience has been where we have never had any good luck dealing with online insurance companies and today choose to only do business in person locally. Being able to actually walk into an office and talk with some body personally can make a big difference.

Bill

The local guy for allstate is a nitwit.