Toilet paper shortage and conservation info

• The Washington Post has reported an Australian newspaper, as a public service, printed an edition with eight blank pages to be used as an emergency toilet roll.:00008172:The bad news is that it does't work as well if you get the paper on your tablet or phone.:00008356:

they just said on tv Australia’s plan is to leave everything open so people get the virus quickly so they can build up antibodies to it....

• I just saw a clueless lady on tv saying she didn’t get the whole toilet paper thing.....

she will soon enough....:sleeping::/8|||

sorry, I don't get it either - - if I am at home I dont need toilet paper - seriously when you are in your own home how hard is it to wash yourself with water and then dry with a towel - - personally if we run out of paper I will just jump in the shower after I take a dump.

actually from a cleanliness point of view washing with water is much cleaner than wiping with paper

When I was recently in the Philippines finding a restroom, even in hotels, with TP was very unusual - most just had a short hose with a spray attachment (like the dish washing hose that is on some kitchen sinks) next to the toilet - wash your a$$ off when your done and dry with a paper towel

it was very different at first and I missed my TP, but after a bit of time and the realization of how much cleaner it really is I adjusted.

The way I see it all these idiots that are hording toilet paper for their homes are doing is drastically increasing the chances that there will be no public restrooms with paper - and in those public restrooms there wont be a way to wash.

To me the "clueless" morons in this world are the ones that are so stupid that they can't even wash their own ass in the privacy of their own home and think if they don't have a stock of TP its some kind of hardship - - - - thats "clueless"

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Actually, Bigdog - now that I put some thought into it the biggest conspiracy ever might just be convincing people that washing isn't good enough and that they must buy a product to clean their own a$$

8o

• washing your ass is a great idea until you’re not at home and the public restroom doesn’t have paper because someone stole it...I was in one once and someone thought it would be funny to piss on the roll.

Think about this ....wash off and dry off with a paper towel. Paper towel or toilet paper? What’s the difference? You’re still wet if they run out of towels...

• washing your ass is a great idea until you’re not at home and the public restroom doesn’t have paper because someone stole it...I was in one once and someone thought it would be funny to piss on the roll.

Think about this ....wash off and dry off with a paper towel. Paper towel or toilet paper? What’s the difference? You’re still wet if they run out of towels...

and that is exactly my point - - all of the idiots hoarding toilet paper are making it more likely that public restrooms will not have it when people need it

unless you plan on taking your own toilet paper with you what good will it do you?

• people who hoard promote panic buying and that hurts everyone

• What is HOARDING? Is it just because you keep supplies for 6 weeks so that you do not have to go out in public to by supplies. Wrong! It is the people that do not keep supplies in their home, just enough to get by. Those are the people that are messing up the supply chain, because now they think they need to go out and buy enough for 6 weeks "RIGHT NOW" The word HOARDING is Bull Sh-- t! It is a difference in life styles It really pisses me off every time the Media uses the word.

• Panic buying... hoarding...

Both are based on the fear of running out or a need in the future.

People freaked. They deviated from thier normal buying pattern and now we can all get screwed.

So, someone bought a two year supply of toilet paper...

The next person bought three hundred pounds of meat cause there was no toilet paper.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• What is HOARDING? Is it just because you keep supplies for 6 weeks so that you do not have to go out in public to by supplies. Wrong! It is the people that do not keep supplies in their home, just enough to get by. Those are the people that are messing up the supply chain, because now they think they need to go out and buy enough for 6 weeks "RIGHT NOW" The word HOARDING is Bull Sh-- t! It is a difference in life styles It really pisses me off every time the Media uses the word.

they (the government) has been warning people since 9/11 to be prepared (for such events and natural disasters) by having enough supplies on hand for at least two weeks or more.

The told everyone don’t count on the government to be instantly everywhere to help.

Police now the average response time is constantly climbing. About 10 minutes is average. If it’s life and death....your probably gonna die. Get a gun. I just read with the virus now....if you call 911, cops are calling you to see how serious it is.... say goodbye....

conspiracy nuts have been telling you to have at least 6-12 months on hand. With survival gear, food, water and guns and ammo. Who’s nuts now? There are no conspiracies...move along, nothing to see here...
    Oh, by the way that’s real death knocking on your door right now...not a conspiracy...

• My wife and I have a huge freezer in the garage and a hall closest that we converted to a pantry some years back - - we always keep both full, We buy things we know will last and we buy when things are on sale. as things get used they are replaced with other things. - - I have never thought of it a hording, to us its just bargain shopping and also a way to be able to help out our kids and grand kids - - the youngest think it is a treat to go "shopping" in grandma's pantry before they leave after a visit. - - - being prepared and taking advantage of deals is not hoarding - - panic buying of more than you need - - - - that is hoarding

so far in the time this whole virus thing has been going on I feel very comfortable saying that I do not believe we have purchased one single product that we would not have otherwise purchased nor have we purchased any more or extra of any product than would be normal for us - being prepared we haven't had to :thumbsup:

• Sure glad you didn't do a video... =O

• My freezer is always full of venison that I harvest, fish that I catch and sale items like roasts, whole chickens and racks of ribs.

Our pantry has plenty of canned goods and our garage shelves are well stocked with the items we picked from our garden and canned/preserved.

So far, I havent had to go to a store and participate in the hysteria.

Just plain common sense, wise shopping, a frugal lifestyle and having plenty of beer will get you through this over blown situation.
    Hopefully the Conspiracy nuts and preppers stocked on on their meds and not just ammo....