Turbo Experiences

• Great install thread Dzemboc77

Welcome to the boosted world, just remember to hold down that traction control button until it disables both safeguards. The factory MEFI computer pulls a ton of power when it detects the rear tire slipping (which you will do alot of now).

I set the mod clock to 1.5 months as you are expecting snow thus limiting your time behind the wheel. In 1.5 months you should be at that point where you want to upgrade to a stage 2 kit and maybe a cam or forged motor. The power is awesome for a month or so then the mod bug bites and you want more. tenor (2).gif

• Slopoke probably. I'm looking at getting some new wheels first. Think I had it out one warm day and put a little ding on one of the rims from a pot hole. Most people don't see it but I do. Plus its an excuse to get new ones lol. Looking to get a bigger rear tire as well. Still have the stock Kendals on it and they spin so easy now.

https://rev-dynamics.myshopify…45-wheel-and-tire-package

Looking at these but I kind of want something red. I like these as well but I know the red will be off and think it will look funny.

https://rev-dynamics.myshopify…-1?variant=29444527849517

After wheels I want to upgrade the sound quality as that sucks with the stock speakers and head unit. Maybe get some suspension after that and who knows maybe some more power next year.

• Dzemboc77

Traction and ride smoothness greatly increased when switching to tall tire side wall. The low profile tires would bounce off the ground during acceleration and bumps.

Before:

After:

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• Dave@DDMWorks

I'm hoping to get an upgraded clutch installed before my DF Project 324 4 wheel conversion arrives in 4-6 weeks.

Do you think the Street Clutch 450ft/lb (382ft/lb at the wheels) will hold up to the maximum torque output on the Stage 3 turbo with 93 octane (granted all other components designed/working at peak power/efficiency)? I may move the radiator to the back for added weight, in getting the tires to hook. Also note the 4 wheel kit is 7" shorter wheelbase and I'll be running some large drag radials, to assist with traction.

http://www.ddmworks.com/24L-Pe…tch-by-DDMWorks_p_64.html

I would prefer not to use the Track Clutch, but I'll buy it if the Street Clutch will slip.

Anyone else have experience with 4 wheel kits, high HP and slipping clutches?

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

• Dave@DDMWorks

http://www.ddmworks.com/24L-Pe…tch-by-DDMWorks_p_64.html

I would prefer not to use the Track Clutch, but I'll buy it if the Street Clutch will slip.

I have the "performance" clutch. It's not a problem for every day use. The wife complains about it being stiff and causing her leg to cramp up but it's never been an issue for me. Dave@DDMWorks can tell you which one I have. Got close to 20K miles on it now.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• If you are still planning on maxing out that Stage 3 with the 4 wheel, I am definitely going to recommend the track clutch on our setup.

I have the "performance" clutch. It's not a problem for every day use. The wife complains about it being stiff and causing her leg to cramp up but it's never been an issue for me. Dave@DDMWorks can tell you which one I have. Got close to 20K miles on it now.

Ghost - You do have our most aggressive clutch, as the street disc was not an option at that time. The 6 puck version you have is a little bit aggressive, but will hold the power you have no problem.

• Dave@DDMWorks

Thank you for the advice!

Bought the Track Clutch and Slave Cylinder today, hope to have it installed before the DF Project 324 4 Wheel Kit arrives...

Dave@DDMWorks

You think your Solstice/Sky Shift Adapter will fit the Slingshot? I like the look...

Also, do you have a Shift Knob like the one below, but has a DDMWORKS logo?

You might think I'm joking... Until you see my other projects! LOL

• Awesome, thanks for the clutch order, we really appreciate it!

The shift adapter will bolt to the top of the shifter coming out of the transmission for sure, typically I would not recommend it since you can not put a shift boot around it like the other shift adapters we have for the Slingshot, however with your setup, I don't think that will be an issue ;)

We could do something like that shift knob, let me see what I can model up :thumbsup: