What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• That is what I could not understand

If you have what ever number of bleeders you want bleed them all to get any air trapped out....

You do not want to play around with brakes and what stops your vehicle..

I know they sell a brake line crossover that can elimate 2 bleeders by connecting them but hey few more minutes

not a problem.

• Although the Wilwood calipers have 2 bleeders on each caliper, you only bleed the brakes using the top bleeder. The only reason they have two bleeders, is because the calipers can be used on either the left or right side.

So, you only need one speed bleeder per caliper

• [quote='harleyujoe','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8916-what-was-today-s-sling-project-mods-goodies/&postID=378057#post378057']

Now, on the Wilwoods, it's 2 per caliper, so yes $30/caliper or $60 for the front and another $15 for the back - or $75. The brake bleeder kit from Autozone was free to rent or only $60 to buy.

And my calipers have 4 each ..Yikes that adds up ..I will do it the old fashion way and gravity feed bleed..

[/quote]

Yea, 4 on the wilwoods. But you only have to bleed the top 2. Outside 1st then inside.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• The wheelchair carrier was too close to the ground when going over bumps, so I designed a new drawbar and had it welded.

Mounted the wheelchair carrier with the new drawbar, and tested the backup camera which I mounted, and everything looks good IMO.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Mounted the wheelchair carrier with the new drawbar, and tested the backup camera which I mounted, and everything looks good IMO.

My wife said to tell you "Your a keeper"

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• She is the love of my life… there’s nothing what I would not do. And I know many if not all of the members in our forum feel the same with their spouses.

Same here. Wife needs a wheelchair to go most places. But she can get to a bathroom most times using her walker if I guide her so slowly. I had racks made for the sling so we can take her walker. She only has used the walker once. I think she feels secure just knowing it's there. She is deaf and blind snd not reslly mobile. So it's a challenge but she still rides the sling daily weather permitting. Sorry to rattle on but life deals dome people a bad hand. If this happens to me I hope I have enough nerve to end it. Happy trails to you all!

• She is the love of my life… there’s nothing what I would not do. And I know many if not all of the members in our forum feel the same with their spouses.

God Bless <3

• That looks incredible! How is your weight ratio? You must have incredible traction but have you ever lifted the front wheels?🧐

the carrier plus wheelchair is about 170 lbs so you are correct with the traction, plus I don’t go crazy speed wise. So I didn’t experienced any lift with the front wheels

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• FINALLY!! Got my Sling outta the shop today. For a bargain price of $3700 I had everything that the cruel Louisiana salt air had destroyed. After the paramedics hit me with the paddles when I saw the bill I went on a very enjoyable mountain ride. Sometimes you just can’t put a price on happiness!! 😬😬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Went for an inspection today. Dealer who I purchased from said won't pass needs ball joints. I have over 109k on it so looked up joint prices and dealer is within $16, I said go ahead and order them. 1 1/2 hour to install so for 180 I'm not messing with it. Only issue is I will need to drive 3 hrs 1 way for a kazer alignment with smiles on my face.

• Went for an inspection today. Dealer who I purchased from said won't pass needs ball joints. I have over 109k on it so looked up joint prices and dealer is within $16, I said go ahead and order them. 1 1/2 hour to install so for 180 I'm not messing with it. Only issue is I will need to drive 3 hrs 1 way for a kazer alignment with smiles on my face.

Interesting :/

What kind of inspection is this?

Here in California the only inspections that normal non commercial vehicles are required to have are smog inspections and since the Slingshot is legally classified as a motorcycle it, like all motorcycles is exempt from Smog tests.

• Maine requires full inspections, brakes, lights, Catalytic conveter, tires etc.. They were surprised I didn't have the ball joints replaced before. They know I do all my own maintenance and I said, I can replace those myself and they agreed. I decided I didn't want to deal with it since labor was only 150. With all that said, the dealer only sells a few slings a year. So they are probably not well versed on the mechanics. They are amazed at the 109k I have on it and in chatting asked what maintenance I have done to it. I replied just recalls and oil changes. I told them I didn't mind spending a few thousand once in awhile for upgrades or maintenance. He replied, yes new prices are crazy and not much difference from day one except for the engine and cosmetics.

• It's taken about 2.5 months since I filed a claim for my Slingshot (Page 273, Post # 5442 in this thread *) and I finally heard from Allstate that they had declared my Slingshot a total loss based on the 19 page estimate they received from a local dealer. The amount Allstate offered me will allow me to replace my Slingshot, so I'm happy with the proposed settlement. I wonder if I can find a turbo'd quad kit conversion for the amount I expect to receive?;) Unfortunately, there's a chance that current life circumstances may leave me w/o a Slingshot.

* for those unaware of this feature, clicking on the ... shown in the page count of a thread will allow you to specify which page you want to go to.

• It's taken about 2.5 months since I filed a claim for my Slingshot (Page 273, Post # 5442 in this thread *) and I finally heard from Allstate that they had declared my Slingshot a total loss based on the 19 page estimate they received from a local dealer. The amount Allstate offered me will allow me to replace my Slingshot, so I'm happy with the proposed settlement. I wonder if I can find a turbo'd quad kit conversion for the amount I expect to receive?;) Unfortunately, there's a chance that current life circumstances may leave me w/o a Slingshot.

* for those unaware of this feature, clicking on the ... shown in the page count of a thread will allow you to specify which page you want to go to.

Some good news, hoping those other circumstance trend favorable. Best of luck, keep posted!

• I upgraded from my iPhone 11 to the 14 promax and of course this brick doesn’t fit on the magnetic attachment I had on the dash prior so out with the old in with the new.

I had to buy a case that was conducive to the magnet, and instead of getting a magnet mount on the dash I got a magnet mount with a charger, so no more having to plug it in which is nice. All the parts I used are below. It’s kind of a hockey puck sitting on the dash but it is so nice to just have it stick there and charge. I have a charging cable wired right into my blue sea fuse block as always on.Happy camper.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎