What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Bought a SS-specific aluminum trailer from a previous member who sold his SS a couple months ago (some of you might recognize the logo on the fender). The ramps are mounted to the front to act as a sand shield and fenders come off for loading/unloading. Biggest problem is the trailer is TOO low - hitting driveways and such.

What about a little taller wheel/tire set up?

• goodies to install tomorrow just arrived

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Nice trailer but I always said if I can't ride there I'm not going.

I agree - most of the time. The limitation I have is the amount of stuff I need. A backpack for the weekend is ok. Needing luggage, ice chest, and other stuff, or going 1100 miles 1 way - gotta trailer it.

Or taking a several week cross country vacation with the SlingShot AND the grandkids, (which we are planning to do next summer), getting everybody in the SlingShot would get a wee bit crowded, don't ya think! ;)

Bill

• Or taking a several week cross country vacation with the SlingShot AND the grandkids, (which we are planning to do next summer), getting everybody in the SlingShot would get a wee bit crowded, don't ya think! ;)

Bill

Bill the guys in Florida have built one 6 seater Slingshot, is that enough for all the Grandkids?

• Okay - So there is a bit of a back story to todays mod. A couple of weeks back I decided to remove the front fenders from my Slingshot I just wanted to get rid of them and get a more open wheel look. After I did this I posted some pictures here and I believe also on Facebook and apparently someone shared my picture. Anyway suddenly I am getting messaged that Ben over at TricLED wants to talk to me. Seems TricLED makes a fender kit that normally is used in addition to the stock front fender, but Ben has also been interested in how it might work if used instead of the stock front fenders and he asked me if I would be interested in a test and evaluation sample of the fenders to see how they work out. Of course I was/am more than willing to give them a try so he sent me out a set which arrived yesterday day and I installed them this morning

So anyway that's the story and here is the result of todays sling project/mod

First the before shot which I believe is the one I posted before

And here are the after shots

I have to say that so far I really like these, I like them as replacements for the stock fenders. The mounting hardware and brackets are absolutely top quality probably overbuilt if anything - these things are not going anywhere

so anyway that's it - - todays slingshot project/mod - - - and now to put down some miles and run through wet intersections and perhaps even get caught in the rain so that I can test and evaluate :thumbsup:

• I hope Ben let’s you keep them. I would like something that covers more up top but these are tempting. Thanks for posting!

• I hope Ben let’s you keep them. I would like something that covers more up top but these are tempting. Thanks for posting!

I think covering more up top would probably only block water that would have hit under the hood anyway and I suspect that they would also catch more air - I like that this size should block any water that might come in the cockpit and is still small enough to hide from the wind behind the tire - - but these are the things I will find out :)

• Not a fan

and that's okay - I don't expect everyone to like what I like

I'm not a fan of large one piece windshields or tops

Like I have said a million times - that's the glory of slingshot ownership - we each get to make it however we want it - - no rules

Edit: Wife just got home from selling at her farmers market and she loves it!! - - Better Half approval - now that counts :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I kinda like those fenders and they seem reasonably priced for a Slingshot accessory. Are they metal or plastic? I don't have a 4-wheel kit, but I wonder how hard it might be to use them on any of the 4-wheel kits, especially the DDMWorks and AllThingsSlingshot versions since they're both based on the same basic design.

• I kinda like those fenders and they seem reasonably priced for a Slingshot accessory. Are they metal or plastic? I don't have a 4-wheel kit, but I wonder how hard it might be to use them on any of the 4-wheel kits, especially the DDMWorks and AllThingsSlingshot versions since they're both based on the same basic design.

Fenders are plastic - seem very well made. brackets are steel very strong and anything probably stronger that needed - I was very impressed by the quality of all of the various parts

As to fitting on the 4-wheel kits I don't know, but I suspect most of the tire sizes I have seen people use on those kits would be to large for this fender as it is designed to fit the stock front tire sizes.

• Fenders are plastic - seem very well made. brackets are steel very strong and anything probably stronger that needed - I was very impressed by the quality of all of the various parts

As to fitting on the 4-wheel kits I don't know, but I suspect most of the tire sizes I have seen people use on those kits would be to large for this fender as it is designed to fit the stock front tire sizes.

Thanks. Still don't know if I'll be trying a 4-wheel kit, but it would be nice if fenders were available for the DDMWorks kit since AllThingsSlingshot already offers a rear fender kit for their kit. I wonder if the basic similarity between the 2 kits means the ATS kit will fit DDMWorks kit.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• My hour project this morning was to do the 105k oil change and ujoint grease. Only check the angle drive oil ever other oil change. Then went for a 133 mile ice cream ride. Came upon 2 head on accidents in 3 days moments after they happened. People were running from the restaurants to help. Probably both had fatalities. People not paying attention is my guess. Be careful out there.

• My hour project this morning was to do the 105k oil change and ujoint grease. Only check the angle drive oil ever other oil change. Then went for a 133 mile ice cream ride. Came upon 2 head on accidents in 3 days moments after they happened. People were running from the restaurants to help. Probably both had fatalities. People not paying attention is my guess. Be careful out there.

.....damn i decided to ride down to the city and as im passing 135st & 5th ave coming off the bridge there a car upside-down in the middle of the intersection on its roof with people layed out on the floor (it must have just happened) no emergency vehicles were on scene, i kept it moving......hope it wasnt to severe .........and this is why NY state has enacted 24/7 speed cameras in NYC and lowered the speed to 25mph in all 5 boros.......it was a beautiful day and electric bikes was passing me smdh.....

• So my next mod will be to the rear diamond plate and remove existing fender just not my cup of tea. And it bottoms out with dropping the air ride. Have my diamond plate and paint and push pins in the mail. Gonna find a new place for an red LED strip placement for this mod.