What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Seems like Polaris is trying a bandaid to quiet the angle drive instead of finding the fix. If heavier oil is the answer, why has it taken 8 years?

I think its interesting, I have never really felt the angle drive on my 2016 made much if noise that I ever really notice. The drive belt can squel like a stuck pig when it gets dirty but I rarely if ever hear any noise from the angle drive itself.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• So why the heavier oil? I have over 100k with 75w140 and no issues.

and mine is also still on whatever they put in at the factory - not due for my first change yet

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Ok, as promised, here are some of the photos of the fender redo, adding mesh to allow air flow as well as draining the water. and the hood vents are done. Today, my new headlights come in, i am putting in the 2020 headlight set as well as caliper covers. As soon as these are in, I will repost those updates also.

NNEVES57 fenders look great and I wondering which mesh screen did you use and what did you use to install the mesh and what you used to cut the holes??

• Got the DDM fuel rail installed... took longer than it should have but mostly as I was drinking and not thinking.... The stock fuel rail bolts are fine as the mounts are thick, the DDM fuel rail uses same tab location, but metal mounting tabs are thinner.... So when I got stock bolts tight and fuel rail wasn't tight I went tighter... should of pulled out and looked at what I was doing as a couple washer would of taken up that slop... Instead I tightened it and snapped bolt head off. I did reach out to Dave and the rails should come with new bolts. Admittedly, I could of lost these having it for a few months before install, but 98% sure it didn't come with new bolts.

Every easy job is one cross threaded bolt or snapped bolt from being a nightmare.... Had to get buddy to come over and help me drill it out and retap it. Got a little crack on that mounting ear, but bolt is through and tight so calling it good. Fired it up and no fuel shooting out, so hoping it's fine. Was going to start messing with those wildwood brakes I got for the front, but going to wait as I need to bleed when I do quad kit anyway, and it's close to shipping. Soon! I think I hold onto these mods as once done I have nothing to do and that's a bad spot for me to be in as I buy shit I don't need lol.

No description available.

No description available.

• Changed the angle drive oil today. 75w250. Have the belt tension set at .75 in. cold, tracking on the sweet spot (centered favoring the inside just a bit). Took a ride today with no radio on. Much, much better. After five years I love my slingshot more today than ever! :00000441:

A nice thing to have on hand. The doggie training pads in extra-large. The inside is absorbent with an outer plastic. No matter how careful my intent I always seem to miss the mark.

• Before replacing my old angle drive, I never had to mess with the belt. Now, it seems no matter what I do, the belt keeps drifting to the outside and makes noise. I'm about ready to beg someone in the Houston area who's aligned their belt to come help me as I'm getting beyond frustrated to the point that I'm considering robbing a bank to get a 4-wheel kit. Even more alarming, I'm even thinking about going to a dealer!=O

One thing I've noticed is that the pivot shaft sometimes wants to turn when I'm trying to torque the pivot shaft nut, an action that can change the belt positioning, so I've learned to either have someone secure the pivot shaft so it can't turn while torquing the pivot shat nut or contort myself so I can place a foot on the socket wrench on the pivot shaft while reaching around/over the tire to torque the pivot shaft nut.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Before replacing my old angle drive, I never had yo mess with the belt. Now, it seems no matter what I do, the belt keeps drifting to the outside and makes noise. I'm about ready to beg someone in the Houston area who's aligned their belt to come help me as I'm getting beyond frustrated to the point that I'm considering robbing a bank to get a 4-wheel kit. Even more alarming, I'm even thinking about going to a dealer!=O

One thing I've noticed is that the pivot shaft sometimes wants to turn when I'm trying to torque the pivot shaft nut, an action that can change the belt positioning, so I've learned to either have someone secure the pivot shaft so it can't turn while torquing the pivot shat nut or contort myself so I can place a foot on the socket wrench on the pivot shaft while reaching around/over the tire to torque the pivot shaft nut.

You're not alone. Yes, you are correct the pivot shaft can turn when placing the final torque on the nut. For me it didn't happen at all times, but at times it did, I used an extension bar to hold while I torque the nut. The final torque on the nut will also change the belt position. This worked for me. I loosened the nut and rotated the rear wheel to see how it tracked and adjusted to position as suggested not touching either flange but slightly favoring inboard. Then I torqued the nut to 195 ft lbs. After torquing the nut, it always changed the belt track, so once I got it in the ballpark, I marked the pivot shaft at the 12 o'clock position with a silver marker and rechecked after torquing the nut. I would recheck after final torque and if necessary, loosen the nut and readjust the pivot shaft 1/4 turn at a time (counterclockwise to move the belt outboard or clockwise the move inboard) Then torque again and recheck and adjust 1/4 turn as necessary till it settled into a true track with the final torque on the nut.

It's not you it's a narrow range that shifts with torque. One important thing I noticed (it drove me nuts) is that the flanges on the rear sprocket have a chamfered edge and it will appear as though the belt is not riding on the edge when in fact it is. The belt needs to be off the edges so as to expose teeth on both sides. It's a bear!

• NNEVES57 fenders look great and I wondering which mesh screen did you use and what did you use to install the mesh and what you used to cut the holes??

i got the screen off of amazon, its the M-D building products it matches the same screen from DDM Works Hood vents. I installed the mesh with 3M double side tape, as long as you clean the area very well and use the 3m primer bonder it will do perfect. I cut out the holes using a flush cut saw, a ryobi rotary tool and box knife. Sand the area down so there is no gaps or areas that could bubble and you will do great.

• Went to the dealer this morning so they could replace the shifting buttons on the console. They gave Sally a wash and now she shines. Man I love the new blue on the slingshot they had on the floor. 14 more miles on the Sling.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Went to the dealer this morning so they could replace the shifting buttons on the console. They gave Sally a wash and now she shines. Man I love the new blue on the slingshot they had on the floor. 14 more miles on the Sling.

Were the buttons not working, or just not visible?

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• 2billythekidd The Drive button would not work and it's light would not light either. R and N worked fine. I popped the top off the button assy. and drive would work if you pressed down on the silver button that looks like tin foil. If you are ever stranded somewhere because you can not select D, N, or R that assembly just pops out and you can carefully pry the top off then push a button it may save you a tow. That assy is $480 at the dealers but they covered mine under warranty.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• i got the screen off of amazon, its the M-D building products it matches the same screen from DDM Works Hood vents. I installed the mesh with 3M double side tape, as long as you clean the area very well and use the 3m primer bonder it will do perfect. I cut out the holes using a flush cut saw, a ryobi rotary tool and box knife. Sand the area down so there is no gaps or areas that could bubble and you will do great.

Thanks for all the info!!

• Love the idea of the doggie training pads, we have some of those for our almost 14 year old lab, old man Jake, might bring some of them here to the shop to use, thanks for the tip!