What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• finally decided to try out a quick release for the steering wheel - a quick easy mod. I have been hesitant because I was not sure how I would like having the wheel closer to me, but after some adjustments and a short ride I think its going to be okay - - I have to add that I really do like the increased security

plus it just kind of cool 8)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Update, just took a longer test ride with the new quick release cruised downtown Palm Springs and I can say 2 things - steering wheel position, no problem felt very natural and relaxed. distance from wheel the turn signal - - yea - - I missed it completely first couple of times, but not so bad to warrant spending money on an stick on extender - - just going to have to get accustomed to reaching a bit further

All in all I am very pleased. good functional mod that increases security when parked and makes jumping in and out effortless and in the process adds to that race car cool factor - - Heck, stopped on my little ride by the farmers market to see how my wife's sales are going and when I came back out to the parking lot people were standing there taking pictures of Cage Free - - even after 5 years it makes me smile :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• When I was looking into getting a quick release, I searched 'why does it seem indy and nascar drivers are sitting so close to the wheel'.

It is to lessen fatigue. You are using more of your muscles because of how your arms are oriented. You have quicker response times, basically because your arms are not stretched out.

I learned right away that I liked it, and have slid my seat forward in my other cars to have the same level of comfort.

• Never thought getting tires for anything would be that tuff..... Had have tires special ordered for my work station wagons, and than three tries for tires for the Slingshot and than had to go to the warehouse distributor to pick them up. Install was done by Discount Tire and the 'Tire Rack' is owned by Discount Tire but they could not get them directly. The Riken Raptor ZR are discontinued so I got the set for about 1/2 price, and the local Discount Tire installed for $75.00.

As I went to pull out of Discount Tire the battery died, so now we have new shoes and new heart. Good to go for Maggie Valley.

Tires, Wheels, Car Parts, Accessories, Reviews | Tire Rack They will ship.

• i have had mine for a couple of years now and love it, also makes it easier for me to get in and out of the SS.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• As I went to pull out of Discount Tire the battery died

Oh boy EJ.........

I'm still on the original battery from December 2014!!

I was just thinking yesterday if I should replace it before Maggie............

Anyone still on the original battery in their 2015 Slingshot??

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Oh boy EJ.........

I'm still on the original battery from December 2014!!

I was just thinking yesterday if I should replace it before Maggie............

Anyone still on the original battery in their 2015 Slingshot??

The battery that died I put in Nov 2018... I never put a battery tender on mine. It was strong until Saturday. And just pooped....

• The Thursday before we were going to ride on Saturday, I was checking all things out and found out that my battery which was purchased August of 2021. Was dead as a boat anchor. Took it to the place I purchased and they replaced it , no questions asked .

Pays to walk around checking things couple days before riding.

Just Sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I had been using a battery tender on my Optima blue top and thought it had took a dump on me. mytoy gave me a good schooling about batteries. There is a difference between a trickle charger and a maintainer. He said he thought this what was wrong….

https://batterymanguide.com/ho…e-to-desulfate-a-battery/

and sure enough after 2 days it cranks like a champ!! I had never heard of a battery “desulfating”. Pays to have friends that know things ! !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I just checked the Jump box I keep in the sling a few weeks back. Those things are amazing. Six months sitting and still had an 85% charge. Although I just purchase a new battery last year the jump box is recharged for Maggie. Some batteries are fickle and unpredictable. I usually mark them with an install date and replace every 4 or 5 years.