What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I finally got up in the garage today and installed the carbon fiber on the brake handle and the three pieces right in between the seatbelts. I took this picture because it’s like I’m missing a piece. I would’ve thought this back end piece would have been the finishing touch. I’m going to play around with it still but have yet to find ANY brake handle set up that I like but this will do for now . I’m going to see if I can find myself a square or even perhaps a rounded piece of aluminum then polish it and run it down the center of the brake handle just for giggles and see what it looks like.

I actually climbed in and took her around the block today! I’m not there yet but we’re getting close😎!!

128336-slingshot-console-jpg

I'm with you, not missing a piece.

• I finally got up in the garage today and installed the carbon fiber on the brake handle and the three pieces right in between the seatbelts. I took this picture because it’s like I’m missing a piece. I would’ve thought this back end piece would have been the finishing touch. I’m going to play around with it still but have yet to find ANY brake handle set up that I like but this will do for now . I’m going to see if I can find myself a square or even perhaps a rounded piece of aluminum then polish it and run it down the center of the brake handle just for giggles and see what it looks like.

I actually climbed in and took her around the block today! I’m not there yet but we’re getting close😎!!

Yea - was never a fan of the stock E-Brake handle - - I switched mine out back at the Slingshot event in Fallbrook that you and I both attended - looks more like a regular sports car e-brake and more importantly matches the shift boot - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• I'd be concerned about removing that particular sticker since it is the only VIN number I'm aware of on the Slingshot. Most states and the Federal government treat VIN removal as a criminal act. W/o the VIN marking, a minor traffic stop could turn into something more serious. See this searc - https://www.google.com/search?…sticker+from+a+motorcycle. Unfortunately, it has some conflicting results.

yah technically you cant remove that one , it is the visual one required by all vehicle manufacturers to be on the frame or cowl at the left hand base of the windshield , or closest exposed frame to it, they also all hide a stamped one its right here on Slingshots under the dash pads, center bracket

• yah technically you cant remove that one , it is the visual one required by all vehicle manufacturers to be on the frame or cowl at the left hand base of the windshield , or closest exposed frame to it, they also all hide a stamped one its right here on Slingshots under the dash pads, center bracket

Like many folks, I guess, I wasn't aware of that VIN location. I always thought the sticker was a weakness since it could be faked relatively easily. I assume that bracket is welded to the main frame?

• Yea - was never a fan of the stock E-Brake handle - - I switched mine out back at the Slingshot event in Fallbrook that you and I both attended - looks more like a regular sports car e-brake and more importantly matches the shift boot - -

yes I agree better as the stock one is quite clumsy. However I have visions of a more slender but still angular handle that may be out there somewhere. It’s the hunt that keeps us going🙂

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• yes I agree better as the stock one is quite clumsy. However I have visions of a more slender but still angular handle that may be out there somewhere. It’s the hunt that keeps us going🙂

Hey SoCal - - - check this one out - - - Link

not sure if its the same size as the one they sell for the slingshot, but if it is it might be what your looking for

of course it would need a boot

• Thanks Kyle D - - I will remember this - - - oh and I hope you dont mind, but I removed the ZZP branding from the radio faceplate - - was wiping it down and one of the letters came up so it seemed like the logical thing to do - - oh, but don't worry I still proudly have the ZZP logo on my roll hoop GoPro mount for the world to see :thumbsup:

Your sling, do it up how you want it. :thumbsup: If you WANT another sticker for it just let me know. Happy to send one out.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Hey SoCal - - - check this one out - - - Link

not sure if its the same size as the one they sell for the slingshot, but if it is it might be what your looking for

of course it would need a boot

That’s really thoughtful thank you! I have reached out to them with an email to ask if their handle is compatible. Really appreciate the legwork!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• That’s really thoughtful thank you! I have reached out to them with an email to ask if their handle is compatible. Really appreciate the legwork!

perhaps if it is compatible they can provide the boot with it :thumbsup:

as a side note I have found some interesting things available when checking out the sites of vendors that make some of the things that the slingshot vendors like sling mods sell - - often times I have found things specifically for the slingshot that for some reason are not offered on the slingshot specific sites

• perhaps if it is compatible they can provide the boot with it :thumbsup:

as a side note I have found some interesting things available when checking out the sites of vendors that make some of the things that the slingshot vendors like sling mods sell - - often times I have found things specifically for the slingshot that for some reason are not offered on the slingshot specific sites

Isn’t retirement fun! Lots of time to research on computer fun!!!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Isn’t retirement fun! Lots of time to research on computer fun!!!

Been retired since Nov. 5, 2005, I have enjoyed every minute of it. I never had a computer until 2014 when I was house bound. I had better things to do that spend my time on a computer. Did I mention that I hate computers? Electronics and computers paid the bills since 1966.

• Been retired since Nov. 5, 2005, I have enjoyed every minute of it. I never had a computer until 2014 when I was house bound. I had better things to do that spend my time on a computer. Did I mention that I hate computers? Electronics and computers paid the bills since 1966.

Not a fan of spending my day on a computer but this time of the year is tough up north.

Counting the days till warmer weather to get outside! December was OK but this month has been particularly cold. Very boring time of the year if you are an outdoor person.

• Not a fan of spending my day on a computer but this time of the year is tough up north.

Counting the days till warmer weather to get outside! December was OK but this month has been particularly cold. Very boring time of the year if you are an outdoor person.

Roger that. After you sharpen all the knives and oil all the guns, what are ya gonna do? Vacuum? Laundry? Make chili colorado? I like chili colorado.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Not exactly a Slingshot mod, but it is related - - got myself a Harbor Freight service cart today and managed to put it together. I was going to just get the standard black one that I saw in the ad I received, but when I got over to the store I just couldn't resist

its going to be nice when I detail the slingshot or install mods to be able to load up everything I need and then just roll it over next to where I am working - - no more walking back and forth getting things I need - - - (assuming I remember to put everything in the cart. Also love that it adds drawer where I can keep my most used tools.

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I like it when the UPS man shows up with goodies. Ordered the same time that I ordered the ZZP CF radio bezel, but took longer to get here. - anyway an Assault visor to go with the ZZP radio bezel - I dont expect it to do much about the sun, but I felt the flat, plain, Carbon fiber needed something extra :thumbsup:

Also being "Assault" it goes with my steering wheel and my hood vent