What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Looks so clean without the badges/logos breaking up that red paint!

thank you - :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I tried some DYMO labels (anybody still use those?), but I decided I prefer labels I can move as my needs change without leaving residue from the old label.

YES!!!! I have a pretty elaborate home studio setup and I use it to label the different power supplies, to save me from tracing wires.

• Edward Neal how is retired feeling, installed CAI, changed wheels cleaned SS but you are retired right. Does feel great though!

Just Sayin

I am enjoying it so far. plenty of time to catch up on things I have been wanting to do and more time to just enjoy the day - - - - and most of all happy not to have to deal with the day to day stress of always having somebody wanting something NOW

My wife sells various nut brittles at two local farmers markets on Thursdays and Fridays so I have been getting up early with her on those days and riding my Slingshot over there to help her setup and then hanging out for a bit with all of the other great vendors before taking a ride back home the long way - - when things get a bit warmer I will probably take the loop up through the mountain by Idyllwild on some of those days - almost made the turn to do this last week, but then I remembered that just because its nice down here in the valley it is still a good 30 to 40 degrees colder up that way. yep until it warms up at the higher elevations I will be staying down this way - - - I did remove the Frogs Toggs rain suit that I have always carried from the Sling this morning - - no need now that I can pick and choose when I want to ride and can skip the rainy days :thumbsup:

• Visited Rev Dynamics fabulous shop earlier this week and found two of Bullshits personal slingshots there (he has 5). Test fitted a new Big Guy EZ Out top for him on the blue one.

With a sun allergy and almost 6 1/2 feet with a now bad hip and left leg he needs all the top he can get to ease getting in and out and keep all the sun off him.(rain also) Taking it back to my shop for a few improvements and have a third one of his Slingshots there, and we will permanently mount the EZ Out

Big Guy top on it. (the white one)

Then I will rework the entire side entrance , lowering the threshold frame bar down below the side sill to help him get that left size 15 up, over and out, then I'll l chop 8 inches off the end of both the inner and outer arm rest panels lowering and shortening them to get his hip in .

When you have been around slingshots since day 1 and have 5 but age and size are curtailing you , you make changes. Because anyone who can vouch for Harvey will tell you , he knows his slingshots and knows what he needs !.

• Ok, normally when hydro dipping 5 sides of the part are covered. I decided to mask the 5 sides (masking) and hydro dip the sixed side, IMO it came out well. I made a fixture for base coating and hydro dipping. I mounted it on my SS, it doesn't go with my theme, but I had to see it.

Picture below is from the back (windshield) you barely see normally.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

Edited 2 times, last by mytoy ().

• New radio face plate - and removal of last place where the word "SLINGSHOT" was branded - - - - got to keep people guessing 8o

• You still have some work to do their Edward!😜

(I have a total aversion to these darn stickers)

I'd be concerned about removing that particular sticker since it is the only VIN number I'm aware of on the Slingshot. Most states and the Federal government treat VIN removal as a criminal act. W/o the VIN marking, a minor traffic stop could turn into something more serious. See this searc - https://www.google.com/search?…sticker+from+a+motorcycle. Unfortunately, it has some conflicting results.

• New radio face plate - and removal of last place where the word "SLINGSHOT" was branded - - - - got to keep people guessing 8o[attach='128677','none','false'][/attach

Want to say thank you for the sale. However, in the future, regardless if you are looking at a $2 bolt or a $3k turbo kit reach out to me prior to the purchase. I'm always happy to work on pricing for forum members. That goes for all forum members. You can reach out here but the fastest way to get a hold of me is emailing me at Kyle@zzperformance.com.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• You still have some work to do their Edward!😜

(I have a total aversion to these darn stickers)

Good eye - - I do believe that I missed that one, but I dont think it is something most casual observers would notice at least not nearly as much as the giant "POLARIS" on the nose cone - - and the only reasonable way I have thought of to get rid of that would be to cover it with the carbon fiber nose piece that Tricled sells. I do like it, but I think if I got that then I would start wanting all of the other carbon fiber pieces for everything else - - - not sure I need that addiction

Images

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Want to say thank you for the sale. However, in the future, regardless if you are looking at a $2 bolt or a $3k turbo kit reach out to me prior to the purchase. I'm always happy to work on pricing for forum members. That goes for all forum members. You can reach out here but the fastest way to get a hold of me is emailing me at Kyle@zzperformance.com.

Thanks Kyle D - - I will remember this - - - oh and I hope you dont mind, but I removed the ZZP branding from the radio faceplate - - was wiping it down and one of the letters came up so it seemed like the logical thing to do - - oh, but don't worry I still proudly have the ZZP logo on my roll hoop GoPro mount for the world to see :thumbsup:

• I finally got up in the garage today and installed the carbon fiber on the brake handle and the three pieces right in between the seatbelts. I took this picture because it’s like I’m missing a piece. I would’ve thought this back end piece would have been the finishing touch. I’m going to play around with it still but have yet to find ANY brake handle set up that I like but this will do for now . I’m going to see if I can find myself a square or even perhaps a rounded piece of aluminum then polish it and run it down the center of the brake handle just for giggles and see what it looks like.

I actually climbed in and took her around the block today! I’m not there yet but we’re getting close😎!!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎