What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Bigger tool box means it takes me longer to find the correct tool(s). Don't ask me how I know.My Daughter has her own tools now, but i still tend to find some missing!

Before I got the BIG tool box I had 5 smaller ones. What I needed was always in the last one I looked in. I am talking about 52 inch wide -about 18 inch for the drawers and 5 feet tall. All electric power and air tools are also in the tool box.

• I have one of those big red roll around that is taller then me. My son got it for me for $10 at the school board when they sell old stuff twice a year. Problem I don't put away what I use and my live in girl friend tosses everything in boxes. 60 years so there are many boxes full. I always think that I am going to sort the stuff out but it is more fun to ride and shoot and fish.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I used a stainless 26" Tool chest/box combo that I got from Home Depot back about 10-11 years ago and finally gifted myself a 52" 18-drawer Craftsman combo chest last year using a combo of cash and gift cards. Now I'm slowly trying to sort thru my tools and trying to manage my tools so I can actually find what I need when I need it. I had been using a tall filing cabinet to store most of my power tools, but have gotten most of them moved into the 52" unit. Slow process, but I will be glad when I finally get everything sorted.

• I used a stainless 26" Tool chest/box combo that I got from Home Depot back about 10-11 years ago and finally gifted myself a 52" 18-drawer Craftsman combo chest last year using a combo of cash and gift cards. Now I'm slowly trying to sort thru my tools and trying to manage my tools so I can actually find what I need when I need it. I had been using a tall filing cabinet to store most of my power tools, but have gotten most of them moved into the 52" unit. Slow process, but I will be glad when I finally get everything sorted.

It took me a while but I just kept dumping a box on the floor and sorting out as I went along.

• Sounds like there’s another problem coming! Trying to remember which drawer that little tool you needed a few days ago and still can’t find.

You are getting to that age CRS happens.

Like did I come in here to turn off lights or get a sandwich????

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I've used pre-printed rubber magnetic labels for years. They can be found in many hardware stores or online and on ebay or Amazon. The one drawback to the pre-printed labels is you are limited by the labels you purchase in terms of sorting your tools. I'm now planning on trying magnetic label holders with a plastic label protector that accept blank card stock for maximum storage flexibility. These seem to be nicely priced for the quantity (https://smile.amazon.com/Magne…lack-Count/dp/B07WBWKJZ7/)

• Wasn't really expecting to do any mods today, but Slingmods and my postman surprised me - - ordered this steering wheel and the DDM hub Sunday, got notification that it shipped yesterday with an expected delivery date of Next Friday - - then bam at 4:02 this afternoon it is dropped on my door step - - tracking says Slingmods created the shipping label at 5:47pm yesterday and that it was received by the post office last night at 7:33 PM - - - less than 24 hours door to door :thumbsup::thumbsup:

out with the old

and in with the new

pretty impressive shipping if you ask me

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I need to add one thing. I have been putting off changing my steering wheel for a long time, I did so because all of the hubs I had actually seen in person on Slingshots just didn't look good to me. they left large gaps between the plastic surround of the steering column which just looked like something tacked on and they allowed the crapy looking yellow sticker behind the hub to be seen. When I finally decided to do this mod I chose the DDM hub because I could see that it flared out at the back and seemed like it would look better.

Once again I have to say that Dave@DDMWorks and everyone else over there did a much better job on this hub than I could have hoped for, not only does the flared out back of the hub nicely fill the gap that most hubs leave, but the finish of the hub has a texture to it that almost matches the texture of the steering column perfectly - - I really wasn't expecting it, but with the DDM hub this looks like it could have come from the factory set up this way - - Super glad I went with the DDMWorks hub and I highly recommend it for anyone thinking of switching to an aftermarket steering wheel

• I need to add one thing. I have been putting off changing my steering wheel for a long time, I did so because all of the hubs I had actually seen in person on Slingshots just didn't look good to me. they left large gaps between the plastic surround of the steering column which just looked like something tacked on and they allowed the crapy looking yellow sticker behind the hub to be seen. When I finally decided to do this mod I chose the DDM hub because I could see that it flared out at the back and seemed like it would look better.

Once again I have to say that Dave@DDMWorks and everyone else over there did a much better job on this hub than I could have hoped for, not only does the flared out back of the hub nicely fill the gap that most hubs leave, but the finish of the hub has a texture to it that almost matches the texture of the steering column perfectly - - I really wasn't expecting it, but with the DDM hub this looks like it could have come from the factory set up this way - - Super glad I went with the DDMWorks hub and I highly recommend it for anyone thinking of switching to an aftermarket steering wheel

Thanks! Really happy that you are enjoying the steering hub adapter, as always, let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

• And today is a non mod - mod day - -