What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Well, I actually did a de-mod. After working with slingmods regarding the fit of my jl audio speakers to the ssv pods, I decided to return the speakers. The screw holes did not line up with the pods screw holes and the speakers had a big gap at the top of the pod. I expected the speakers to fit perfectly with the pods. Not so much. So SM sent me a prepaid return label. I spoke to ssv works and they said to buy only the speakers they recommend. So I ended up ordering the kickers from SM. Hope they are a better fit.

• Well, I actually did a de-mod. After working with slingmods regarding the fit of my jl audio speakers to the ssv pods, I decided to return the speakers. The screw holes did not line up with the pods screw holes and the speakers had a big gap at the top of the pod. I expected the speakers to fit perfectly with the pods. Not so much. So SM sent me a prepaid return label. I spoke to ssv works and they said to buy only the speakers they recommend. So I ended up ordering the kickers from SM. Hope they are a better fit.

Sounds like SSV is not manufacturing them like they used to. I've got JL Audios in the gen2 SSV pods and they fit with only drilling new mounting holes. No gaps anywhere. The mounting surface should be flat.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

I've got the Kickers and I like them. Not gonna win any sound competitions, but they fit and sound good enuf for me.

• Not really a mod, but I did change the oil & clutch fluid and lubed the sway bar and U-Joint - - - - just killing time until my DDMWorks cold air intake shows up - - - supposedly its “out for delivery” but around here that could still be much later today - - - may not get to the install on that until tomorrow

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Big box of DDM goodies has arrived- I know what I am doing tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Images

• tomorrow will be today and today was yesterday why procrastinate

Farmers market where my wife sells her brittle closed a 2pm, this means she will be home soon and will want to pull her car in the garage to unload - - - by waiting until tomorrow I can get an earlier start when she is still going to be at tomorrows market for several hours - - this will mean I can put my slingshot right in the middle and have really easy access to all sides when I am doing the install.

I just prefer to have as much room and access as possible

Plus I will have much better light for before and after pictures :)

• Farmers market where my wife sells her brittle closed a 2pm, this means she will be home soon and will want to pull her car in the garage to unload - - - by waiting until tomorrow I can get an earlier start when she is still going to be at tomorrows market for several hours - - this will mean I can put my slingshot right in the middle and have really easy access to all sides when I am doing the install.

I just prefer to have as much room and access as possible

Plus I will have much better light for before and after pictures :)

...and your retired! No need to rush:)

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• Sent the JL Audio speakers back to SM. Didn't like how they fit the ssv pods plus the mounting holes did not align with the pods. Got the kicker replacements today and installed in 5 minutes. Holes aligned and no spaces around the rim. JL sounded awesome, kickers sound OK. One thing about the kickers I don't care for is the cone is gray instead of black. I'll get over it.

• Once again Dave@DDMWorks and the crew get it perfect. Instructions were clear and easy to follow from beginning and removal to completion of install including cleanup and putting tools away 1 hour and 10 minutes - - and this was really taking my time and making sure everything was done right - - love the looks, love the sound, and from what I could tell on my short little test drive it does seem snappier and more responsive

Before

and after

and now to get out and enjoy this beautiful 78 degree afternoon :thumbsup:

• Awesome! Looks great and super happy we could help you out with this. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know, now get out there and enjoy that weather, while we are anticipating snow here this weekend.

Dave