What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I have been running the stock muffler that I bypassed the internal cat and the cat delete pipe for the past year and it is time to put the Welter Dual on Sling II. I will have to get someone to do the install, I was cripple for over a week just taking the Welter off of Sling I

I wish you were closer I'd do it for you here at the shop after hours or on a weekend. Then we could go for a drive after and I could get a refresher of what it's like reading your hat in my mirror you're so close. laugh-squared

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().

• Put refurbished chrome shoes on the Sling today - think they really accent the wrap even more now -what you guys think ??? 😬😬

Man those came out great! I like them much better than the chrome. I would imagine it won't be as terrible keeping them clean. Probably show more dust but won't be as hard to clean.

• Man those came out great! I like them much better than the chrome. I would imagine it won't be as terrible keeping them clean. Probably show more dust but won't be as hard to clean.

Yep - I’m thinkin the same thing - some dust feathers will beat the hell out of chrome rubbing for hours :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Real nice thinking of having my vette wheels powder coated black chrome or closest thing to that.

This guy I lucked up on really proves a good powder coater can make em look factory new. Doubt you could find a much harder wheel to do than mine and I am totally satisfied !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Generally speaking, any Slingshot exhaust that exits under the passenger seat will end up droning as the sound is reflected between the road surface and the Slingshot's floor. Side exit exhaust reportedly don't really drone, but some folks don't care for the louder sound exiting to the right of the Slingshot. The rear exit exhausts seem to place the exhaust noise far enough away from the driver/passenger to produce an acceptable sound level w/o producing any drone, but some people, generally Slingshot owners with a tall windshield, a Top and a rear exit exhaust experience report exhaust fumes getting recirculated up over the back of the Slingshot and into the cockpit. Adding a boost system tends to exacerbate the problem since the tunes tend to run rich, leaving unburned fuel in the exhaust fumes. Some folks feel a rear wind deflector can reduce the smell of exhaust coming back into the cockpit and I think Welter Performance offers a deflector that goes underneath the Slingshot to reduce exhaust smells getting recirculated into the cockpit.

• What is this welter exhaust I went with the I think thermal r&d and man in 5th gear at 2k rpm does she have a drone lol

Just for your additional consideration, we have a 2.5” rear exit exhaust at ZZP for both non turbo and turbo applications. It’s hands down the best exhaust on the market and nothing sounds as good. It’s made here in the USA at ZZP with the help of our CNC mandrel bender using 304 stainless. We don’t use aluminized mild steel like most of the others out there. The non turbo version comes with our stainless header. Should you decide to go turbo in the future, no problem it will hook right up to our turbo kit. The kit also comes with a transmission mount designed and made in house as well as a license plate relocation kit. The non turbo version sells for $1349.99 which is less than other companies 2” exhaust which includes nothing but the exhaust. You can check it out here https://zzperformance.com/coll…slingshot-exhaust-package

If you have any questions feel free to reach out here, email me directly at kyle@zzperformance.com, or my direct line is 6164214296

Here’s what it sounds like just cruising

• Kyle D , Will the ZZP turbo exhaust hook up directly to non-ZZP Turbos that exit in the stock location? Any modifications needed?

If you are referring to a DDM kit, the down pipe will need to be modified. The turbo in the DDM kit hangs 2.5-3" lower than on our kit. I personally have not done one here at ZZP but have had several people buy it and when they reported back they said it was a very easy modification and were happy. I did one on an Alpha kit last year and it required a fully custom down pipe. If you have any other questions let me know. Happy to help if I can.

• Took that recommendation here awhile back about the 3 fin LED lights for the garage that screw right into the socket and while those helped immensely, because I back in the hood area was never lit enough....(by the way they make those fold out LEDs with 2 panels now per fold out!)

That said I picked this up from Harbor Freight - https://www.harborfreight.com/…-motion-sensor-58465.html

The motion sensor range is huge, really lights up towards front of sling now. Has screw to set how long light is on after motion, have on max which is over 60 minutes I think. I got another as they are "linkable" so putting one on other side of this one next. Only issue is when garage door up it blocks them... but if that's open it's daytime and sunny out anyway!

• I changed over to LED's. My Play Room is 26' x 36' and I am using 8 each eight foot 2 row LED's. Yes! I now have plenty of light.

• I saved this to my favorites so I don't forget about it. Next time I take a run towards Harbor Freight I'll pick them up. Humm, a slingshot trip:thinking_face:

• I saved this to my favorites so I don't forget about it. Next time I take a run towards Harbor Freight I'll pick them up. Humm, a slingshot trip:thinking_face:

Yeah, got them down to $33 I think it was out the door with current coupons! Other thing is these are so light... I literally drilled 4 holes in the "shield/metal" the lights are mounted too and screwed into the sheetrock vs worrying about finding studs. They come with chains and screws to hang, but I mounted direct etc...