What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• That's the perfect spot for jump ports, then maybe behind the seat, then on the back where I put them is probably the worst spot you could do it... lol

You get a bluetooth receiver on that amp?

One problem I found with putting them in the cubby - hard to jump start. If I had needed to jump start the SS, I would have had to close up the cubby to put the seat back so I could have gotten in. But in this case, I was just charging the battery.

Not yet on the BT controller. Still keeping the head unit on life support (hence the new soldered amp connection). When it does finally die, that's the way I'm going next.

• I posted it on this forum in the event section but didnt go myself , didn't feel like traveling alone, plus im into Formula one racing , so i been in front of the tv watching that this weekend. .......i wanted to go to find someone with a supercharger to check out b4 i dive in. ...

Haven't gone into the events section lately. If you ever come down this way give a holler. Your welcome to give mine a test. Although I have a "lite" version with the stock exhaust. I myself am looking to personally check out some superchargers with different aftermarket exhaust systems before deciding to purchase. Even with the stock exhaust I'm extremely glad with the purchase!

• Haven't gone into the events section lately. If you ever come down this way give a holler. Your welcome to give mine a test. Although I have a "lite" version with the stock exhaust. I myself am looking to personally check out some superchargers with different aftermarket exhaust systems before deciding to purchase. Even with the stock exhaust I'm extremely glad with the purchase!

Thank you sir, that was my purpose of wanting to go , to see some different set ups with the supercharger as i know there was probably some there, looks like ill wait til next season....

• Thank you sir, that was my purpose of wanting to go , to see some different set ups with the supercharger as i know there was probably some there, looks like ill wait til next season....

Keep posted. Looks like Maggie Valley will be a must for me this year!

• I need to tap into all you guys knowledge. I have some high dollar custom chrome Asanti wheels on my Sling many of you have seen. With a combination of Gulf Coast salt air, having physical issues preventing me from taking care of them like I should plus I no longer have the desire to polish em all the time the chrome has pitted, chipped, and generally look like crap up close. Now for my question. I talked to a big powder coating company in Asheville and they say they can make em look great with a high gloss black powder coat. What do you guys think - scrap the Asanti’s and buy new or powder coat ?? Got a very reasonable price to sandblast and powder coat (way less than a new set of wheels with not near the quality of the Asanti) - any thoughts are appreciated.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I need to tap into all you guys knowledge. I have some high dollar custom chrome Asanti wheels on my Sling many of you have seen. With a combination of Gulf Coast salt air, having physical issues preventing me from taking care of them like I should plus I no longer have the desire to polish em all the time the chrome has pitted, chipped, and generally look like crap up close. Now for my question. I talked to a big powder coating company in Asheville and they say they can make em look great with a high gloss black powder coat. What do you guys think - scrap the Asanti’s and buy new or powder coat ?? Got a very reasonable price to sandblast and powder coat (way less than a new set of wheels with not near the quality of the Asanti) - any thoughts are appreciated.

Powder Coat

• Do the powder coat but make sure they zinc primer the wheels with zinc powder before they lay down the colored powder you go with. The reason is the zinc primer will seal the wheel and help prevent the wheel from oxidizing/rusting from the inside out from the elements and the powder cracking and falling off. It’s a good rule of thumb to zinc primer anything that will be outside and regularly exposed to the elements like wheels or frame pieces. It’ll increase the longevity of the powder. I would also have them lay a clear down over the color you go with even if they tell you a clear is not necessary. That will help protect the wheel and the colored powder. It’ll add 2 additional steps to the process and will likely cost more but it’s worth it. Buy once cry once. If you have any other questions on it feel free to give me a call. Thanks again for the advice a few weeks ago. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• @Bill Martin.......Go for the powder coat says I.......and use @Kyle D's sage advise!! You will love the results!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Your Asanti wheels are made out of quality aluminum. So, no chances of rusting and if the coating has been sealed around the wheels properly then oxidation is not really a possibility. A clear powder is only needed over a color if the base does not have a UV protectant (chrome-like powder coats). Most gloss colors are UV protected and do not require a top coat unless you really want extra protection and have the wheels to outlast the vehicle.

Been powder coating automotive parts for over 20 years and have wheels/exterior parts that have the original coating on them still rolling around.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Your Asanti wheels are made out of quality aluminum. So, no chances of rusting and if the coating has been sealed around the wheels properly then oxidation is not really a possibility. A clear powder is only needed over a color if the base does not have a UV protectant (chrome-like powder coats). Most gloss colors are UV protected and do not require a top coat unless you really want extra protection and have the wheels to outlast the vehicle.

Been powder coating automotive parts for over 20 years and have wheels/exterior parts that have the original coating on them still rolling around.

I'm no expert but there are powder coats with metal flake that will need a clear coat to get it to show. I was doing that with the Red Pearl match powder coat I used on my rear protection plates.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm no expert but there are powder coats with metal flake that will need a clear coat to get it to show. I was doing that with the Red Pearl match powder coat I used on my rear protection plates.

You're most likely talking about a dormant powder which requires a clearcoat to activate the color of the basecoat. This information would be denoted on the powder's product description. These are not the norm though. The vast majority of powder coats do not require a top coat.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• You're most likely talking about a dormant powder which requires a clearcoat to activate the color of the basecoat. This information would be denoted on the powder's product description. These are not the norm though. The vast majority of powder coats do not require a top coat.

I would have explained that but my specific knowledge ends with me telling the powder coater, "make it purdy'!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have seen many powder coated wheels and they look great - I was just a little unsure of powder coating a chrome wheel - once again you guys don’t disappoint with valuable info !!!

• I have seen many powder coated wheels and they look great - I was just a little unsure of powder coating a chrome wheel - once again you guys don’t disappoint with valuable info !!!

As long as they remove the chrome coating you are good to go. Powder coating and chrome do not work together well.

Chrome can be a bear to remove at times, but if they are a large company I'm sure they have those steps figured out.

Can't wait to see how the gloss black looks! Will you be keeping the other chrome parts or going black with those as well?

• As long as they remove the chrome coating you are good to go. Powder coating and chrome do not work together well.

Chrome can be a bear to remove at times, but if they are a large company I'm sure they have those steps figured out.

Can't wait to see how the gloss black looks! Will you be keeping the other chrome parts or going black with those as well?

Gonna leave the rest chrome - think the remaining chrome will pop with black wheels 🤞🤞🤞