What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• We have a few guys here that are on a budget that do a lot of auto x and road course events that use the 595 RS RR. They're a little noisy but bang for the buck for a super sticky tire you cannot beat them. But you are super limited on sizing.

All true! I only got a little over 5000 miles out of my last Toyo. When I had 18 inch rims on my last one I could put three tires on it for that kind of money. 99% of what we do is touring and back road and spending $300 on a rear tire for 5000 miles just doesn’t make sense to my Scottish blood. Noisy? Riding with my hearing aids turned off takes care of that just fine😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Man, I don't know how you guys drive only getting 5k out if a tire. I get 40k on fronts and 20k on rear. Maybe it's hot weather down south or out west that eats tires.

All depends on the tread wear of the tire you choose. I run a 200 tread wear up front which are nice and sticky. I only get 2-3 seasons out of them and I only put about 2k mi on per season. But I run a slick in the back and I go through 3-5 of those a season. But we are at the track a lot and doing burnouts before each run to heat up the tire. At 550whp running a slick is the only way I can get any sort of reliable traction. I did however just drive over 500mi home from Maggie though and I was surprised how much rubber was left on the rear after pounding pavement home for 10hrs. What was cool to see was my fuel economy and how drastic the changes were. When I left I was on E85 getting about 10mpg. I had a couple cans of E98 with me and that tank got 8mpg. As I kept filling up and switched to mixing the ethanol with gasoline the ethanol content kept dropping. At a 50/50 mix of ethanol and gasoline I was getting around 15-18mpg and once I got down to basically all gasoline in the tank I got 22mpg. All of this was done cruising at 70mph on the highway.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I do the turn the hearing aids off thing also. Works real well with the bone conduction headset. I do find I tend to speed more often as I can very hear the engine and no wind noise. I did not realize I listened to the motor with the auto tranny.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Trust me, it's NOT that we're trying to leave rubber on the road. It's a simple matter of trying to use some of the power we have, but the rear tire has to get on board with that goal. I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling having the rear tire break loose at speeds over 70 miles per hour when you're developing good boost levels and passing cars. Riding with a 2 pound spring in the waste-gate isn't my idea of spirited riding

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @EricRedSL I am with you on that. I burned a lot of rubber when I was a kid but my dad bought the tires back then. When I grew up a little and got married and the Navy was paying me $97.50 and month my right foot got a little lighter. Now if racing was one of my sports then I could see spending money on tires but it isn't I have to many other hobbies. Fishing and owning two boats and target shooting, plus buying guitars don't leave a lot of money left over for tires and mods when on retirement.. I do love to drive my Slingshot and Sally will put a smile on my face with out breaking her rear end loose or exceeding the speed limit. Then maybe I am just old for my age.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Pretty much thinking the exact same thing. I see that BT controller is only 2 channel. I'll need to find one that is 4 channel to control both balance and fader.

If you find a 4 channel one that's outdoor/marine please share. Looked and decided to just use a splitter as it couldn't be worse then L/R RC signal I was using before - lol

Saw some 4 channel ones that run on 12v for indoor use with 110v power supply putting out 12v - so maybe if I put in storage box could do that.

• I guess I'll be called a racist or something, but i really don't like buying tires made in lower tier foreign markets. No way I'd trust a Chinese made tire under max side load going through the mountains with no guard rails. I'd rather have a little less traction, or tread life at the expense of having a tire stay together. I've seen way too many tire failures that were not all caused by running them flat

lmao bro. I think we are safe still in this forum from "woke" military and sensible idiots. Nothing racist about what you said, its true.

• A quick mod today.... After driving round trip to Maggie Valley with double bubble windshields, I didn't enjoy the headbanging our helmets took from the wind. I-75 was very windy. Stock ripper from the SL wasn't much better after putting that back on.

EjFord gave us a ride in his sling, with F4 Custom +5, I kinda liked it, but thought +3 might be better. EXTREMELY fortunate that F4 moved into my local area, so went by and saw Don this morning. Tried a +3, but the top almost perfectly split my vision, good for the shorter co-pilot, but I couldn't drive with it. F4 standard was too short, so I ended up buying the +5.

Drove it home on I-75, and cabin was much quieter, and our hats didn't move at all. Windshield perfectly clear, great vision thru the plastic.

Very pleased, really appreciate the time Don spent giving me the different options available.

Great service F4 Customs happy camper. The Baker wings are on order to create a little more air flow.

The hood vent Dave@DDMWorks installed will move some engine heat as well. Planning another road trip already.

Thanks all.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Man, I don't know how you guys drive only getting 5k out if a tire. I get 40k on fronts and 20k on rear. Maybe it's hot weather down south or out west that eats tires.

Perhaps, however when we tour there’s always at least an extra hundred pounds worth of packrating going on😎

20k out of a back tire? My head is spinning on that one. Can’t even conceive of that however perhaps the tires that I buy are more sticky.

• with back tires on my sling I have always figured I should double the number of miles I get out of a tire before I make any judgement as to my satisfaction - - on any car or truck I would be going through 2 at a time so it just seems reasonable to me to think of it this way

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If you find a 4 channel one that's outdoor/marine please share. Looked and decided to just use a splitter as it couldn't be worse then L/R RC signal I was using before - lol

Saw some 4 channel ones that run on 12v for indoor use with 110v power supply putting out 12v - so maybe if I put in storage box could do that.

Found a 4 channel one specific for the car - but not marine. And the bluetooth dongle is not available yet on Sonic but I looked elsewhere and it's $402!!  (not a typo)

• I did The big four upgrade on my sling today, that’s were you upgrade the ground off the block to the chassis, the ground from the battery to the chassis, and run a wire from the alternator to the battery + and the engine block to the battery -. I left the factory wires in place in the engine bay and added zero gauge wire for the upgrade.

I did this in preparation for adding a large stereo system.

This finally solved the problem I was having where the engine would stumble when I came to a stop, never stalled but droped down to around 500 rpm then back up to 900rpm. It also seems to start quicker and have more power. It was a bit of work but absolutely worth it.

• I did The big four upgrade on my sling today, that’s were you upgrade the ground off the block to the chassis, the ground from the battery to the chassis, and run a wire from the alternator to the battery + and the engine block to the battery -. I left the factory wires in place in the engine bay and added zero gauge wire for the upgrade.

I did this in preparation for adding a large stereo system.

This finally solved the problem I was having where the engine would stumble when I came to a stop, never stalled but droped down to around 500 rpm then back up to 900rpm. It also seems to start quicker and have more power. It was a bit of work but absolutely worth it.

Nice job!! Are you upgrading alternator as well? If not I do have one of these new in box for $60 shipped if interested so you can up the voltage on the stock one. I was going to use, but swapped ALT instead and don't need now - https://customelectricservice.…xtGr1O3sYFMtjRmUnwEIdQbFs

• Nice job!! Are you upgrading alternator as well? If not I do have one of these new in box for $60 shipped if interested so you can up the voltage on the stock one. I was going to use, but swapped ALT instead and don't need now - https://customelectricservice.…xtGr1O3sYFMtjRmUnwEIdQbFs

Thank you Steve, I am going to be getting a hi Output alt. Just weighing my options For exactly what I need.

• let me know how you like that one Bill, I try to stay away from the tires that have channels in them as they tend to try and track the concrete ridges on these California highways. That falcon that I have coming has four of them but the tread pattern resembles the federal‘s. The tire you have looks even better!

I ran them on my last Sling for most of the life of 2 tires. I wasn't easy on it, and it tracked, handled, and gripped (even in rain) much better than Kenda on a great day. That said, with a supercharger, they weren't sticky enough. Why even have it if all it does is spin? I wanted a tire to stick in the corners, and on the straightaways. Current tire (American Racing Rims, 20's around) is the Lexanitwenty 305/30 zr20 on the rear. It has beat out all tires I've ran.... Nitto 555, Kenda, and the General. We'll see what mileage I get, but impressed so far for a tire under $200. Pic is courtesy of EricRedSL from another post in here....

124141-20210606-150143-jpg

• Goats_Hogs I almost pulled the trigger on that one as well. I now have the cold air intake, header, ceramic exhaust and the DDM coil cover. HA! That’s the most candy I have ever had under the hood!!🙃 We are all about putting down the miles now. Wife took my racer credentials away as a condition of the second SS.🥴