What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• That looks kinda like the fun gauge that rabtech has in his new ride, I was messing around with it the entire ride to Waffle House the first night at Maggie Valley, had all kinds of neat logging and gauges.

• That looks kinda like the fun gauge that rabtech has in his new ride, I was messing around with it the entire ride to Waffle House the first night at Maggie Valley, had all kinds of neat logging and gauges.

As far as I know we have the same software - everything look exactly the same - the only difference is his screen is as big as my windshield oh and one other difference is he understands how to use it. I have no clue just yet.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• As far as I know we have the same software - everything look exactly the same - the only difference is his screen is as big as my windshield oh and one other difference is he understands how to use it. I have no clue just yet.

Yeah, his screen is pretty big, the realtime torque/horsepower displayed was fun to watch, it also showed the current gear all in a graphical format, pretty neat. The other thing that was impressive was the display showing lateral G's with also acceleration and braking G's, for a vehicle that weighs as much as that thing does, it did pretty good.

• 656 ft altitude? Thought you moved to the mountains?

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• I have the Toyo 305 /30 /20 for a rear tire now. Getting real close to needing a replacement. I only got 7000 miles of of this one and compared to the Federal tires I used to run I don't think they grip as well. Looking at the Nitto 305/30/20 as well.

Anyone have the Nitto on and if so what are your thoughts on grip and longevity?

And- if I went to a 305/35/20 would that mess up and throw codes?

my Nitto 555 lasted about 5-6,000 miles

• Gunna try this tire. .79" smaller width wise but a whole lot cheeper than the 305's I have been seeing. 150$ and the way I have been going through them I can get 2+ for one Toyo so we shall see.

Falken / Ohtsu FP8000 High Performance Tires 285/30/20

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• let me know how you like that one Bill, I try to stay away from the tires that have channels in them as they tend to try and track the concrete ridges on these California highways. That falcon that I have coming has four of them but the tread pattern resembles the federal‘s. The tire you have looks even better!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I guess I'll be called a racist or something, but i really don't like buying tires made in lower tier foreign markets. No way I'd trust a Chinese made tire under max side load going through the mountains with no guard rails. I'd rather have a little less traction, or tread life at the expense of having a tire stay together. I've seen way too many tire failures that were not all caused by running them flat

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Definitely a situation of not seeing the forest for it's trees with me and my sling audio situation. Whole goal was to keep Ride Command for the system/engine info and still have good audio. Been having issues again with sub kinda working, then not working and same with speakers. Found a lose wire and thought I had it but acted up again this past weekend. Searching for decks again as I was bout to just say screw it and put a fancy one in, when I ran across the post in Boss unit thread where someone said they considered a Bluetooth receiver for their amp.

DOH! Why didn't I think of this... put one in yesterday and I'm a happy camper. Ride command still there and now can stay on diagnostic screens (slight issue with that as wife can see speed now).... and the amp, speakers, and sub sound WAY better on the bluetooth receiver than they ever did on RC unit. Since I stream phone music, no real loss and got what I was after. Could of did this months back and saved a few hundred on not needing line converters etc..

Receiver I used - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1LLX5S

I didn't use the blue amp signal wire that came with it as when you paused music in app it shut off power to amp. Didn't want amp off/on constantly so ran a 12v ignition power wire to it and didn't use the one off BT receiver.

• I never thought I would be a loyal tire brand guy but I love the Federal tires. I think I’ve had eight altogether. Problem is they don’t make one in a 20 that will fit my scoot 😕

We have a few guys here that are on a budget that do a lot of auto x and road course events that use the 595 RS RR. They're a little noisy but bang for the buck for a super sticky tire you cannot beat them. But you are super limited on sizing.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Pretty much thinking the exact same thing. I see that BT controller is only 2 channel. I'll need to find one that is 4 channel to control both balance and fader.