What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• The tune affects the steering? I did not know that.

I really need to get this tune. I'm really tired of the stumble and occasionally dying when I come to a stop.

Any other positive attributes of the tune? Will it give me better breath, make me shoot straighter, be better lookin' or maybe taller? That would be awesome!

Strange you should say that.... My SS when coming to a stop does what I would call the "whisky shake". You know, that shudder after the burn. The RPM's drop off and it almost seems it's gunna stall but catches it breath and recovers.

My 2016 NEVER did that. Even with the peddle commander the 2019 does it. Only stalled once on me but it is nerve racking!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Strange you should say that.... My SS when coming to a stop does what I would call the "whisky shake". You know, that shudder after the burn. The RPM's drop off and it almost seems it's gunna stall but catches it breath and recovers.

My 2016 NEVER did that. Even with the peddle commander the 2019 does it. Only stalled once on me but it is nerve racking!

My '16.5 has done it all along but it seems more consistent now. I noticed when I went to Canada and could only get 91 octane that it was more prevalent than with the 92 octane I get here at home and it would actually die occasionally. This spring it has died twice already but it stumbles (whiskey shake) every time. It is nerve wracking and a little embarrassing. I will get the tune next winter or in the meantime if I have an extended trip without the Sling.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Strange you should say that.... My SS when coming to a stop does what I would call the "whisky shake". You know, that shudder after the burn. The RPM's drop off and it almost seems it's gunna stall but catches it breath and recovers.

my 2016 does this, but only on very rare occasions - seems to be only on that first stop in first gear after having been in reverse and only after I have first started it - - and even only every now and then

never actually stalled and never often enough to make me worry about it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The tune affects the steering? I did not know that.

I really need to get this tune. I'm really tired of the stumble and occasionally dying when I come to a stop.

Any other positive attributes of the tune? Will it make me shoot straighter?

It was a while back on the dark side... folks were pushing for Bob's tune in a group buy.

At about the same time, Polaris came out with a steering ecu reflash that corrected a pop/drift issue in the steering coming off center position. It was a fix to an extremely annoying issue.

It was reccommended at that time to get the ecu steering flash done prior to Bob's tune to prevent any accidental overwrite of parameters.

So...

Bob's tune increases idle rpm, improves power curve, and probably includes that steering flash.

As to shoot straighter...

Has no effect on Peyronie's. se

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I just started on sealing up the holes in the foot well around the pedals Damn it was hot today with that hot air coming into the cockpit. It is night and day difference between Sling I with the holes sealed up and Sling II with free HOT AIR.

My wife and I went shopping this weekend. She came out and I was on the ground.. she said "what in the hell are you doing?" I was looking at doing exactly what you said, seal up the giant openings to the engine bay.

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• My wife and I went shopping this weekend. She came out and I was on the ground.. she said "what in the hell are you doing?" I was looking at doing exactly what you said, seal up the giant openings to the engine bay.

It makes one hell of a difference, with the +6 wind screen it was like riding around in an oven. The wind screen's that I ride with are cut down to the top of the center brace for a couple of reasons. #1 air flow #2 if you have ever had your wind screen to fog up at 85 mph on the interstate you had better be able to see over or around that wind screen.

• Got some new wheels and tires last weekend. Forgestar wheels, 18x8.5 front and 20x11 rear with Toyo tires. Got a chance tonight to get a good test drive in. Huge improvement in traction from the stock wheel and a Nitto 555 but....with the supercharger and smaller pulley the new tire still doesn’t stand a chance when you really push it. Cornering traction seems better too. Very happy with the purchase.