What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• @OrangeSlingFL I would like you to know my auto tranny is not lame. You can shift your manual all you want I could if I wanted to but I don't. I got all the shifting I wanted when I was a kid and on my motor cycles but now have no desire to pop the clutch and burn rubber.

Im not bashing anyones decision for an automatic on their toy. However, i did test drive the 2020 model and the auto they put on it does suck. The shifting points are lame in the RPM bands and rarely you get to enjoy the full potential out of thst new engine on kickdown, its sluggish. Its not about burning rubber its about having at least a proper responsive transmission that doesnt take away from the experience of what the slingshot is, specially for $30k +.

• Bro, it still shifts by itself if you want it to... and as was stated, I was getting third gear scratch on my 68 Firebird before a bunch of the current "shifters" were even driving. When it is in M mode, the Sling doesn't shift until you press the paddles... just do not have to depress the clutch.. I had the 19SLR and it was nice, but over all the 2020 I have is a much nicer machine To Me... Not knocking anyones ride.

Thats why im saying you at least have some control now over the shifting. No auto tranny or paddle shifters will ever be the experience of a manual IMO. Take for example Porsche with their DCT auto tranny vs stick. Probably one of the best automatic transmissions in the market, lightning quick and much much faster thsn anyone could manually shift. However in practicality (in my opinion and many others) it takes AWAY from the overall joy of what a Porsche is, it takes away from the driver/machine connection and this is why you still so many Porsche owners still going for a simple manual vs a top of the line dual clutch with paddles. To me its the opposite ive been dealing with paddle shifters in all of my cars so the manual is a breath of fresh air on the sling. Just pure joy.

• Thats why im saying you at least have some control now over the shifting. No auto tranny or paddle shifters will ever be the experience of a manual IMO. Take for example Porsche with their DCT auto tranny vs stick. Probably one of the best automatic transmissions in the market, lightning quick and much much faster thsn anyone could manually shift. However in practicality (in my opinion and many others) it takes AWAY from the overall joy of what a Porsche is, it takes away from the driver/machine connection and this is why you still so many Porsche owners still going for a simple manual vs a top of the line dual clutch with paddles. To me its the opposite ive been dealing with paddle shifters in all of my cars so the manual is a breath of fresh air on the sling. Just pure joy.

I guess it is all in choice. I remember way back my dad saying automatic transmissions suck (though not with those words)... I had the manual Slingshot and it was just like all the other manual transmission vehicles I have driven. To each their own... but in the US... it may not be long before a manual transmission is a special order.... Only 2.5% of shoppers want manual transmission vehicles, compared to 93.6% who elect cars with Bluetooth® compatibility and 33.3% who choose four-wheel- drive cars. While more than 97% of our customers drive automatics, the stick shift is still more common in some places than it is in others.

According to Top Gear about 20% of new Porsche owners choose a manual.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I got way more power then I need. I will say at first I really wished I had bought a manual when mine set at the dealers for 6 weeks since the second day I owned it. Polaris figured out what the shifting problem was and made my payment while they figured it our. BTW the Autodrive is a manual tranny just like you shifters drive it is just shifted using a hydraulic pump and actuator. The computer just knows when it needs to shift and I can change those shift points by selecting Slingshot Mode vice Comfort Mode. I run in Slingshot mode all the time. with the new software they developed to fix the computer shifting into neutral while driving down the road because it got confused it now up and down shifts smoothly.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I got way more power then I need. I will say at first I really wished I had bought a manual when mine set at the dealers for 6 weeks since the second day I owned it. Polaris figured out what the shifting problem was and made my payment while they figured it our. BTW the Autodrive is a manual tranny just like you shifters drive it is just shifted using a hydraulic pump and actuator. The computer just knows when it needs to shift and I can change those shift points by selecting Slingshot Mode vice Comfort Mode. I run in Slingshot mode all the time. with the new software they developed to fix the computer shifting into neutral while driving down the road because it got confused it now up and down shifts smoothly.

I was lucky, I never had that problem. Before the software update it just shifted a bit clunky... Now super smooth.

• Polaris had around 9 of them across the county that was having the problem but my dealer's Shop Manager worked with the engineer at Polaris to figure out the problem and he could make all the new ones they had fail. I put in a incident report that went to the DMV and another agency that really got the ball rolling. She shifts smooth after that.

• Polaris had around 9 of them across the county that was having the problem but my dealer's Shop Manager worked with the engineer at Polaris to figure out the problem and he could make all the new ones they had fail. I put in a incident report that went to the DMV and another agency that really got the ball rolling. She shifts smooth after that.

There was just a guy on FB that was saying his 2021 was shifting to neutral... You would think they would have fixed the problem.

• You would think so but the 2021s were already out when I bought my 2020 so he maybe got one before the software update was released. He needs to see his dealer to check his software. I nearly got ran over by a F350 that was in a hurry and on my tail when it went in to neutral the last time heading back to the dealer the next morning. I had it do it coming on to the interstate as I came off the entrance ramp also.

• I just took the Bob's Tune ECU off of Sling I and installed it on Sling II. We will see how this works out, I do not know if there is any difference in the steering. I need me stop watch to see the difference in the 3,000 rpm in third gear to 90 mph. I have never really compared the two Sling's.

• I just took the Bob's Tune ECU off of Sling I and installed it on Sling II. We will see how this works out, I can already tell that the steering is back where I like it, instead of being heavy feeling with the stock 2016 tune.

The tune affects the steering? I did not know that.

I really need to get this tune. I'm really tired of the stumble and occasionally dying when I come to a stop.

Any other positive attributes of the tune? Will it give me better breath, make me shoot straighter, be better lookin' or maybe taller? That would be awesome!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The tune affects the steering? I did not know that.

I really need to get this tune. I'm really tired of the stumble and occasionally dying when I come to a stop.

Any other positive attributes of the tune? Will it give me better breath, make me shoot straighter, be better lookin' or maybe taller? That would be awesome!

Check my repost/edit.

• The tune affects the steering? I did not know that.

Made my pecker grow 2 inches when I stomped on the gas :00008235:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it