What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• O Boy that was a blast from the past. I just read all of them.

• Been awhile, thought I'd update some things done on my SS. Some of this was done last fall, others over the winter. Updates started with the hood last fall, panel cut and all the black is sanded and now black pearl. I added the red carbon fiber belt guard last fall too. The rest was done over Christmas thru January in my spare time. I did some lights for the foot wells, and a light for the glove box. I had the PRP seats reupholstered locally, and he did a great job. Stereo has been completely changed. I have the BOSS head unit (waterproof), SSV side boxes and behind the seat hoop enclosures. The front speakers are Kicker 6.5 components, the rear are Rockford Fosgate 6.5 Pro Punch. I also added a JBL powered 4x6 under the seat sub.... amazed how much power that sub puts out! Yes, it's not a 10" or 12" behind the seat punch, but it sounds really good and I didn't lose any storage. That's huge for me, as we travel in ours.

And finally, American Racing rims, 20's all around, with Lexani tires. They are rated at 280 treadwear, extreme summer, and stick better than any tire I've had on my SS so far.

• Been awhile, thought I'd update some things done on my SS. Some of this was done last fall, others over the winter. Updates started with the hood last fall, panel cut and all the black is sanded and now black pearl. I added the red carbon fiber belt guard last fall too. The rest was done over Christmas thru January in my spare time. I did some lights for the foot wells, and a light for the glove box. I had the PRP seats reupholstered locally, and he did a great job. Stereo has been completely changed. I have the BOSS head unit (waterproof), SSV side boxes and behind the seat hoop enclosures. The front speakers are Kicker 6.5 components, the rear are Rockford Fosgate 6.5 Pro Punch. I also added a JBL powered 4x6 under the seat sub.... amazed how much power that sub puts out! Yes, it's not a 10" or 12" behind the seat punch, but it sounds really good and I didn't lose any storage. That's huge for me, as we travel in ours.

And finally, American Racing rims, 20's all around, with Lexani tires. They are rated at 280 treadwear, extreme summer, and stick better than any tire I've had on my SS so far.

I know - there's a LOT of mods, but the first words that come to mind are great seats

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Does anybody have a Scorpio remote charger that you need to find a new home for. If you do I can offer excellent care and often feed of the charger. Scorpio has made their charge port very small and weird (proprietary) so a person in need is a customer in deed. I'll also post in the wanted section.

Thanks

LargeCar

• Does anybody have a Scorpio remote charger that you need to find a new home for. If you do I can offer excellent care and often feed of the charger. Scorpio has made their charge port very small and weird (proprietary) so a person in need is a customer in deed. I'll also post in the wanted section.

Thanks

LargeCar

https://ridescorpio.com/shop/usb-remote-charger/

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I really like those fumoto plugs... but dang it's a 1-2 beer wait on those suckers to drain.... 6 pack of time on my 2500 diesel it seems!

Drain ports need to be enlarged a bit in my opinion!

no doubt its very slow. Normally I do my oil changes in the morning so after I open the fumoto and see that its draining I usually just go back into the house and have my coffee and read the news. I will admit that it would be nice if it were faster, but I think it is really mostly psychological because when I really think about it I have to ask myself why I really care - - its not like would ever decide to change my oil when I am in a hurry to take the slingshot out

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yes but if it takes a long time I will probably forget that I am doing it. Might forget the valve is open and dump in all that expensive oil. Last time I did that on my inboard boat motor I had to tell the wife the system needed flushing. And so did the bilge afterwards.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Went to my dealer Malcolm Smith Motorsports of Riverside California to pick up my paint that arrived finally after almost 5 weeks. They only had one Slingshot at the dealership and this is what they want for it. Mighty mighty proud of these things! That’s about 39 to 40,000 out the door.

what the hell is dealer mark up...extra profit?

• no doubt its very slow. Normally I do my oil changes in the morning so after I open the fumoto and see that its draining I usually just go back into the house and have my coffee and read the news. I will admit that it would be nice if it were faster, but I think it is really mostly psychological because when I really think about it I have to ask myself why I really care - - its not like would ever decide to change my oil when I am in a hurry to take the slingshot out

is it any faster if you remove the filter first?

• I forgot to post pictures from my oil change I installed the fumoto oil plug

FINALLY SOMETHING TO CRITIQUE ON YOUR SLING!! Your filter fins are not straight - DAMMIT MAN HAVE SOME PRIDE 😂😂😂😂

PS - his Sling looks better than the day it came off the showroom floor for those that haven’t seen it !!! Luv ya brother - just bustin your balls 😬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it