What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• It is petty tight up front where the battery is in my 2020 R. Not a very big battery either size wise. I had a hard time getting the wire back on the negative terminal when I was hooking up the fuse block and mood lights.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• yea - I was just giving you crap 8o I do know that for many slingshot owners having large sound systems and Lotts of extra lights and other electrical mods the optima batteries seem to be the best option, one thing I have wondered about the new 2020 & 2021 slingshots is what battery options do they have? is there room for a full size battery in the new location up front? if not perhaps a second battery behind one of the seats?

Well, I've read bad things about Optima batteries since they moved production I believe.

Was looking for the Rural King 34agm battery, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

I like Costco and the fact they replace, no questions asked, so it would be the last battery I buy, even if it did drain... But not sure my local Costco has something that will fit.

Seems I've heard group 24, group 26, and group 34...

Again, I've got the 2015, so the auto battery, not motorcycle battery.

• (Not actual batteries, just representative for size...)

2015 Battery vs new Slingshot batteries...

(Polaris cost cutting - however, cuts weight too)

:D:D:D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Went to my dealer Malcolm Smith Motorsports of Riverside California to pick up my paint that arrived finally after almost 5 weeks. They only had one Slingshot at the dealership and this is what they want for it. Mighty mighty proud of these things! That’s about 39 to 40,000 out the door.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Went to my dealer Malcolm Smith Motorsports of Riverside California to pick up my paint that arrived finally after almost 5 weeks. They only had one Slingshot at the dealership and this is what they want for it. Mighty mighty proud of these things! That’s about 39 to 40,000 out the door.

Wow, a few months ago I went to my local dealer to check out the 2021 models. At the time he had 4 on the show room and I know of at least one (possibly more). Awaiting assembly. I just checked on line out of curiosity and it shows as none in stock. That's a good thing.

And people wonder why I bought Sling II

I got mine last year for 34,000 out the door with a 3 year extended (Polaris) warranty...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• My dealer is strictly MSRP and just gives you his out the door price. I was ok with paying that for a dealer that is 7 miles down the road and has great service. They sell a lot of Slingshots along with Indian Motorcycles and Polaris off road vehicles.

This makes me feel better about buying used and shopping for months to get a good deal. 😎👍🏿

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

There are much better deals than that in our marketplace!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• There is no way I would buy a Slingshot used. I would be like buying a 4WD or a hot rod. You never know how it has been driven. I know you guys have had good luck. Not so much for me.

• There is no way I would buy a Slingshot used. I would be like buying a 4WD or a hot rod. You never know how it has been driven. I know you guys have had good luck. Not so much for me.

I bought my 2016 new, but if I had to do it again I would absolutely try to find a used one - - seems to me that many people run out and buy a new one and then with only a few thousand miles on it decide it isnt for them - - seem to be a good number of low mileage slingshots available fairly often - - plus if I had to replace my Slingshot for any reason there is no way I would want one with the new Polaris motor - - I am sure it is probably a very good motor, but I would hate to be reliant on Polaris for parts and service - - if that had been my only choice I would probably would never have even gotten a slingshot - - dealers are just to expensive and too far away

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I wish I had found this forum before I bought as I would have rather bought a 2019 with the GM motor but since I don't work on them myself I guess the Polaris motor is just fine. I am afraid I didn't put a lot of research or time into buying. I wanted something to replace my Harley that I couldn't ride safety because of my back. Thought maybe the Can-am but walked into the Slingshot dealer and fell in love. Looked at it on Thursday and bought it on Friday and took it back on Saturday because of the shifting it's self into neutral will driving it. It then sit at the dealer for 6 weeks while Polaris figured out the fix. That is where the new software update came from. Polaris wouldn't replace it as they said another one might have the same problem and it would have. The shop manager could make mine and everyone they had do the shift. Polaris did make my payments while I couldn't drive it and at the amount my payments are that was a big help. All in all I am a happy camper and love my Slingshot, but how could you not love a Slingshot.