What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate for that. Possible snow on Friday, nothing higher than 48 for the week. Which means the mountain passes won't be a good move in the sling lol.

I know, I just rescheduled an appointment with the dealer in the Springs because the weather on Saturday will be too crappy. (Paddle shifters for my 2020 R)

Thanks again for referring that dealership to me. They are great.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Today, I received the final pieces of the cell phone mount I ordered and thus, the saga begins. A big shout out and thanks to our friend MADDMOE for the line on what I consider to be a magnificent mod. First, I received these two parts from Quadlock. Very high quality components ordered for my specific phone. Fits like a glove...

Then I received these two components from RAM Mounts. Also extremely high quality...

Here's where the plan suddenly went south. The thread on the ball mount is different than the thread inside the hole(s) on the NRG Center Support Post. Seriously!? Very disappointed!!!

So, after some thought about returning the whole thing, I decided to improvise. I removed the rear mounting bolt from the center post and replaced it with the mounting ball, which fit very well, and tightened everything back down...

As it turned out, it was the perfect fix for the circumstance and, ironically, I love the way it turned out. It's a rock-solid mount with no movement and no vibration...

I hope this helps anyone that might be looking for ideas for a cell phone mount. 😉

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I love Ram Mounts they have so much to select from. I had a ball that I could change the bolt so used that. I think it was mentioned that someone just re tapped the threads in the post. I like your idea even better. Right now I am using a magnetic mount I made and have a magnet inside the back of my Otter Box case I use on my IPhone. Just stick it up there and pull it off if needed.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• RAM makes the ball mounts in different thread sizes as well. Que Tripod 😉

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• RAM makes the ball mounts in different thread sizes as well. Que Tripod 😉

I suspect they do, but you really have no way of knowing what you need when ordering. For me, it was hit or miss and I missed, but everything happens for a reason and I really like the way this turned out. In fact, my phone is actually mounted a couple of inches lower now than it would have been if my original intent had worked, thus not obstructing my view through the windshield. One day, I'll probably search for a rear view mirror that mounts to the center post in the same fashion and when I order the ball mount for it, I'll remember your advice. Thanks ✌️

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Glad to see you like the quad lock but youll love it even more with this addition my cell doesn't move at all, its been on backorder but i have to get one for my harley also......

"Motorcycle - Vibration Dampener - Quad Lock® USA - Official Store" https://www.quadlockcase.com/c…er?variant=32819777372235

• All hardware on the Slingshot is metric, so any accessory you buy is going to have metric threads also. The NRG has 6mm x 1 tapped holes. If you ordered the RAM mounts from RAM, you ordered a ball with 1/4-20 threads.

Slingmods sells the 6mm x1 metric balls. For some reason RAM doesn't show these on their website.

• well the instructions for installing the DDM Works turbo kit are 26 pages deep. I am taking it slow and just doing little by little until the ECM gets back and then will go into full throttle. but right now i am at page 13, halfway through and it says to cut the air intake sensor wires yada yada yada and then it says to solder them together. i dont weld and soldering is well not one of the things i am better at. IS THERE ANY OTHER PREFERRED METHOD to soldering? cant i just put to wire connectors on them, heat shrink them and that be good enough? Dave@DDMWorks can you chime in? would wire connectors be better than just twisting them together and some electrical tape? lol.

• Just received my roll hoop camera mount. So will be mounting and testing if the rain holds off. This think is really built solid not the plastic thing I expected. Thanks Kyle D

mine should be here this evening :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• well the instructions for installing the DDM Works turbo kit are 26 pages deep. I am taking it slow and just doing little by little until the ECM gets back and then will go into full throttle. but right now i am at page 13, halfway through and it says to cut the air intake sensor wires yada yada yada and then it says to solder them together. i dont weld and soldering is well not one of the things i am better at. IS THERE ANY OTHER PREFERRED METHOD to soldering? cant i just put to wire connectors on them, heat shrink them and that be good enough? Dave@DDMWorks can you chime in? would wire connectors be better than just twisting them together and some electrical tape? lol.

Look into these solderless connectors. I keep a buttload around and use them everywhere. Just need a heat gun or a strong hair dryer.