What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Will it crack with heat or moisture or both?

Either way, probably not to difficult to retouch... Good show! 👍

Short answer no. You will be astounded with regular old rattle can paint, pull this out, paint it, put it back in 30 minutes later and you’re done. It will be one of the easiest things you ever do.
    this will be the third time I’ve painted it and have probably washed it six or seven times and it looks and stays great! It’s been painted three times because I have tried different colors but the black to me always looks best

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I didn't realize that popped in and out so easily. The gloss black looks great. I've had my eye out for an aftermarket handle and/or leather boot, but the one on Slingmods is the only one I've seen.

if anyone can find it I think you can! You’ve done it once for me I’ll be listening😎

PS you went out and pulled out the rubber strip didn’t you😜

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Wooo thanks Tripod !

This is one of those things that you’re really not sure what you want but you’ll know it when you see it. I didn’t know this one existed but boy o boy they are proud of it!

And, if you look at their video they give you a glimpse of what it looks like without the rubber boot. Not sure if there’s a whole lot to work with there.

• I'm with you brother... But for me, want to have another ride in mind I could actually use with the whole family... Time will tell.

Marco, when did you change? I thought you were a fan of slightly USED Slingshots - they're a great source for parts. You ever think of just having yours stretched into a 4 seater for the family to ride with you?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well I did it again! Pulled out the center rubber appliqué underneath the handbrake and painted it a dark gray but instantly I didn’t like it. So went back to gloss black again. For all of you who look down at this yellowy black ugly piece of rubber it takes paint very well and I think makes a big difference when it’s painted. It pops out and in very easy.

I know I know I have been told to get the aftermarket boot and handle but I’m not a fan of that or the Slingshot one. Are there any other aftermarket brake handles out there?

as far as I know there are currently 3 1/2 E-brake handle options - there is the one from NRG that slingmods sells

polaris-slingshot-ebrake-handle-boot-status-racing-main-265x265.jpg

One pretty much like it that Slingshotonly/twist sells (major difference being this one comes in different colors

twist_dynamics_e-brake_lever_cover_with_boot_-_all_colors.jpg

and another one that is very different and made from aluminum by fabfactory - sold by slingshotonly also available in three colors

polaris-slingshot-e-brake-handle-cover-fab-factory-1.jpg

and then the 1/2 option sold by slingmods is a Carbon Fiber Tufskin stick on kit which goes on the stock handle - - this would match the center CF that you already have and is the least expensive option

polaris-slingshot-parking-brake-accent-kit-tufskinz-main.jpg

As I recall there used to be another option of metal covers for the stock handle that came in slingshot colors, but I am not finding it on any of the sites so it may be out of production

I personally have the Twist handle and boot in black - got it when we were at the Fallbrook event

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Marco, when did you change? I thought you were a fan of slightly USED Slingshots - they're a great source for parts. You ever think of just having yours stretched into a 4 seater for the family to ride with you?

th?id=OGC.f7d8291e5356cdb422096473814100f6&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.tenor.co%2fimages%2ff7d8291e5356cdb422096473814100f6%2fraw&ehk=sD9aMg4TVE5rBeEv76s9UbK8nS4tIJtV5yXr0V6zFso%3d

NO offense to anyone who has a 4 (or more 🤮) seat slingshot, but to me, it should only have 2 seats... Anything more, no.

4 wheels though? I like the look, but that won't solve my problem...

Anyway... Time will tell if I sell...

• Powder coated my wheels black. Truth be told I've always wanted the black wheels on my Sling. Looked at a couple sets of stock wheels for sale but it was just cheaper to powder coat plus it looked better and they powder coated the lug nuts red for me as well.

they look good, that is what I want to do to mine. can not find stock black ones , at a decent price.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• My upgrade has been on going since February. I did a trans swap to an auto conversion. I haven't had a lot of seat time but so far I'm loving the results. Now I've got more foot room, no clutch assembly, and a solidly locked trans. You can only shift the shift lever when the key is on & brake depressed. I waited for Polaris to bring out their auto versions but what I saw left a lot to be desired. It just made more sense to do this conversion. Besides being cheaper than buying another Slingshot.

Anyhow I'm a happy Slinger now.

• My upgrade has been on going since February. I did a trans swap to an auto conversion. I haven't had a lot of seat time but so far I'm loving the results. Now I've got more foot room, no clutch assembly, and a solidly locked trans. You can only shift the shift lever when the key is on & brake depressed. I waited for Polaris to bring out their auto versions but what I saw left a lot to be desired. It just made more sense to do this conversion. Besides being cheaper than buying another Slingshot.

Anyhow I'm a happy Slinger now.

Ahhhh The elusive invisible clutch model used only by Bigfoot! Hard to spot but they’re out there!

On a serious note for those like me that are mechanically challenged when it comes to swapping motors transmissions and the like can you pass on a few tidbits about the transmission you used and how the process went please. I’m a diehard five-speed guy but I’m intrigued by your process.

• Ahhhh The elusive invisible clutch model used only by Bigfoot! Hard to spot but they’re out there!

On a serious note for those like me that are mechanically challenged when it comes to swapping motors transmissions and the like can you pass on a few tidbits about the transmission you used and how the process went please. I’m a diehard five-speed guy but I’m intrigued by your process.